Real Life Crime and Murder #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As soon as I saw the story I had a feeling there would be a young baby in the house. PPD is a horrible thing and people don’t understand just how bad it can be.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Post natal depression or psychosis could happen to anyone, that’s where I feel so upset about it. It comes from nowhere and you don’t know what’s happening.
The support available is hard to access with long waiting lists - and that’s if you feel able to seek help - then there’s so few psychiatric mother and baby units they aren't able to help enough people because of lack of beds.
This is what is so scary, that it can happen to anyone. I cant imagine what these women go through when (or if) they recover from their illness, living with what they’ve done.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
the road next to where i grew up. apparently incident happened at no 11. a sudanese woman is in hospital under police guard with injuries. just heartbreaking

• Sad
Reactions: 10

I do find my initial reaction to hearing of mothers vs fathers killing their own children are different.

I think my initial thoughts with mothers, especially when there is a baby involved, is along the lines of post partum psychosis which is a tragedy for all involved whereas men I just see their actions as anger and control over their wife/partner.

Obviously my thoughts might change as we hear more but it’s just something I’ve noticed about my initial response to these tragedies.
I entirely agree. It's a terribly, terribly sad story and my heart goes out to the mother as well as the rest of the family.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I read a comment that alleged her husband is in prison for DV. Anyone heard anything else about that?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I read a
I read a comment that alleged her husband is in prison for DV. Anyone heard anything else about that?
comment that alleged her husband is in prison for DV. Anyone heard anything else about that?
was that on the itv page? think that’s been taken down now. i’ve read elsewhere that he was a taxi driver so 😕

Reactions: 3

was that on the itv page? think that’s been taken down now. i’ve read elsewhere that he was a taxi driver so 😕
Not sure whether this is verified but it’s from a taxi driver who is a friend. It says the husband is a security guard, there was a ‘problem’ between the couple and he wasn’t living in the house.

IMG_8836.jpeg
IMG_8837.jpeg

IMG_8838.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I cannot see how he was convicted for anything other than murder. Absolutely horrific case.
Blimey - did the prosecution even turn up? Is there any chance of a retrial?

Even a jury member with no head could not have thought there was no way he MEANT to beat her with a hammer, but I understand they have to decide based on the evidence presented.

Reactions: 1
Watched a true life crime programme on the Murder & Investigation channel last night where a man was either beaten or shot to death while he slept in bed - his wife had 'fallen asleep' in the study while doing her tax returns and the noise woke her up, she said. Anyway, a few weeks after the murder, the wife contacted the police requesting the bloody bed sheets back, because ... they cost her $140. The investigating cops were all dumbfounded. And yes, surprise surprise she was indeed found to be involved in his murder.

Sorry, can't remember the name of the prog but it was the bed sheets thing that got me. I mean, would you? o_O

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Watched a true life crime programme on the Murder & Investigation channel last night where a man was either beaten or shot to death while he slept in bed - his wife had 'fallen asleep' in the study while doing her tax returns and the noise woke her up, she said. Anyway, a few weeks after the murder, the wife contacted the police requesting the bloody bed sheets back, because ... they cost her $140. The investigating cops were all dumbfounded. And yes, surprise surprise she was indeed found to be involved in his murder.

Sorry, can't remember the name of the prog but it was the bed sheets thing that got me. I mean, would you? o_O
If I was that attached to them I’d put cheap ones on the night before I killed him

• Haha
Reactions: 37

I’m shocked this is a not guilty verdict for murder (guilty for manslaughter). The baby was not only shaken but his head had been bashed at least twice and had a fracture to his right arm. However he has done it, even it was a snap moment, it was intent to cause serious harm with those kind of injuries surely.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
My thoughts exactly. The fact that there’s a 10 months old baby makes it very likely.
Poor babies 😔
What gets me is that if it was post partum psychosis why didn’t she kill herself too? She was able to kill all three kids but wasn’t that distressed/mentally ill to kill herself? Convenient.

I think anyone saying ‘poor mother’ is in extremely poor taste. If it was a father people would be calling them scum etc. My sympathies lie only with the families and children whose lives were lost, and although mental health may be the cause of this tragedy, a crime has been committed and I struggle to find myself caring about the welfare of a triple murderer.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
What gets me is that if it was post partum psychosis why didn’t she kill herself too? She was able to kill all three kids but wasn’t that distressed/mentally ill to kill herself? Convenient.

I think anyone saying ‘poor mother’ is in extremely poor taste. If it was a father people would be calling them scum etc. My sympathies lie only with the families and children whose lives were lost, and although mental health may be the cause of this tragedy, a crime has been committed and I struggle to find myself caring about the welfare of a triple murderer.
this is such a weird interpretation of PP psychosis! So if the person suffering doesn’t manage to kill themselves it’s not real? wtf?!

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Women with post partum psychosis who kill their kids don't always kill themselves. Look at Andrea Yates in the USA who killed her 5 kids. She was very severely mentally ill. It's just very very tragic if that is the case here too.

Reactions: 24

She was injured and is still in hospital. We don’t know what the injuries were but I think it’s fair to assume they were self-inflicted.

If it was a father, there would be no possibility of post-partum psychosis or other serious perinatal mental illness. (Of course, there could still be mental illness with a father). Psychosis can entirely alter who you are. It can make you believe untrue things about other people - including your own children.

If she is seriously mentally unwell to the point she killed her three children - who were obviously loved very much - when she is well and able to realise what she did, her life will fall apart all over again.

Everyone is sad that children were killed. Empathy and concern for a mother driven to that point doesn’t dampen the feelings for the children.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
What gets me is that if it was post partum psychosis why didn’t she kill herself too? She was able to kill all three kids but wasn’t that distressed/mentally ill to kill herself? Convenient
Can you imagine being so mentally unwell that you think killing 3 children is the right/best/only thing to do. Post natal depression/psychosis is horrific and isn’t a convenience

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
She was injured and is still in hospital. We don’t know what the injuries were but I think it’s fair to assume they were self-inflicted.

If it was a father, there would be no possibility of post-partum psychosis or other serious perinatal mental illness. (Of course, there could still be mental illness with a father). Psychosis can entirely alter who you are. It can make you believe untrue things about other people - including your own children.

If she is seriously mentally unwell to the point she killed her three children - who were obviously loved very much - when she is well and able to realise what she did, her life will fall apart all over again.

Everyone is sad that children were killed. Empathy and concern for a mother driven to that point doesn’t dampen the feelings for the children.
I always remember one case, I think it was in the US, where the mum didn’t know she’d killed her children when she came out of the PPP and was asking where they were.

Heartbreaking all round.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I had a friend who had PNP. She didn't harm her child but the impact was so severe when she found herself pregnant a few years later she took her own life. Really we had lost her years before. She had "recovered" but she was a pale imitation of the woman she had been, it completely destroyed everything that made her her. Its an absolutely horrific condition and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I can't feel angry at this woman, just desperately sad that the system that needs to be there to support these mothers isn't available. This could have been prevented.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.