Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JuneJuneHannah

VIP Member
It's so sad that the main suspect for Leah is dead. It's unlikely they will feel that his death is justice. It is sad that her brother died before finding her but having scrolled through his Facebook page I don't think he would ever have recovered mentally if they had found her body earlier.

It's just sad all round. Such a waste of two much loved lives (Leah and Haydon)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Lovelula

VIP Member
On the subject of DNA there was a case here in Ireland where a young woman got off a bus one evening and was making her way to her uni accommodation.She was found viciously beaten at the side of the road.The Gaurds here couldn't figure out a motive so they took the unusual step of taking the DNA of every man and woman on the bus,they never found the culprit but there was a man on the bus who had killed a woman about 10 years previous who had to confess to murder because they got a DNA match in that!What an odd stroke of luck...the funny thing about it was they never found out what actually happened to the girl or if she was attacked,hit by a car etc...

• Wow
  • Sad

Silverback

VIP Member
I hope they have him finally.
This must be utterly terrifying.

Is the Somerset gif man about to be UNMASKED?

#
Not quite the same but reminds me…. Yeeeeeeaaaars ago when I was a teen me and some mates got a McDonalds and parked by the local common to eat it and chat. I saw something move in my rear view mirror and realised there was a bloke hiding behind the car in a balaclava. I was like ‘drive drive drive!’. Reported it to the police, apparently he was wanted for a rape.

• Wow
  • Sad

nothinonyou

VIP Member
Go Justice Lambert 🙌🏼

Sadism is a very difficult threshold to cross.

39 years each is pretty damn fucking good though!
Yes I am glad it's 39 years and the "mum" also got the same, usually the woman gets less. I get a whole life order is incredibly rare but I would definitely classify this as sadism, it was lengthy, consistent abuse for absolutely no reason other than to derive pleasure from torturing somebody.

At least it's a very very long time before they are even considered for release. One of the most shocking cases I have ever read about. RIP Sebastian, sorry this world was so cruel to you :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

BigBrenda

Chatty Member
I’m just watching ‘How I caught the Killer’ Sky Crime.

About the awful murder in Tooting,house set on fire by a 14 year old boy,two sisters dies,the youngest 15years old involved with 14 year old boy,he was obsessed with her,police found screen saver of the girls house on fire.Bloody vile.
This was my friend in school. She was lovely. She tried so many times to get him to leave her alone. X

• Sad
  • Heart

Cosytidy

Vile Bastard.

Im really glad they’re proceeding with these offences even though it’s irrelevant in terms of sentence. Too often the CPS won’t proceed as not in public interest due to cost, pointless due to being on a long sentence but I think it’s important to that the public see the full extent of offending & how supposedly innocuous offences like flashing are actually linked to more serious offending. It’s also good for the victims to see justice occur in these cases.
Also the Parole Board took a lot of flack for the Worboys release but actually the CPS only proceeded with a choice few of the hundred or more allegations against Worboys, meaning he was sentenced accordingly. Lessons need to be learned by the CPS & I think that’s why we’re seeing Couzens in court for these charges.

JoJo76

VIP Member
I always thought Amanda Knox fell foul of that stererotype of "she's a bit weird, yep she definitely did it" like Christopher Jeffries! I don't know how she ever got a guilty verdict, based on the complete lack of evidence against her, it's astounding.
I followed the case closely, and have read various books writing from both angles. There was nothing! Also, when Rudy was on the run he had a call with a friend and even said that Amanda and Rafaelle weren't there. He only changed that story to get favour from the prosecutors after his arrest.

I feel so bad for the Kercher family. Her Dad in particular looked like he never recovered, he looked like a totally broken man. They have always said that Meredith was forgotten, and I agree. It became the Amanda show. I think I lot of people even forgot that Rudy was convicted and in prison for it, as he chose a fast track trial and was behind bars long before their trial.

• Sad
  • Heart

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
@Be More Pacific I know there's a thread for this, but I just wondered what your thoughts are on the Lucy Letby case? X
I have to start by saying I'm not following the trial avidly like I thought I would. As for the threads here, I genuinely thought it would be good to follow with people but I found myself feeling very stressed out and overwhelmed on the opening day, just trying to keep up, so I'm just dipping in and out of those but not commenting.

I always said there would be no smoking gun and that it would be a circumstantial case. After all, if someone had seen her actually murdering a child, it wouldn't have taken two years to charge her.

I have said this before but the best analogy I have to explain a circumstantial case is pencils - thanks to Kelly Sieglar, a former prosecutor in Texas who now hosts a show called Cold Justice (let's just gloss over the subsequent alleged misconduct that she cannot seem to shake off) So, think of every circumstance or coincidence as a pencil - on it's own, it snaps easily but the more and more pencils you gather, they bind together to form an unbreakable bunch. That, in essence, is a circumstantial case.

Kelly and her pencils ✏
d663699d-ba37-4a60-a79a-6ec226f182f9-jpeg.1684552.jpg

In my opinion, the two biggest 'pencils' in Lucy Letby's case are her presence at each death and the rate of deaths and collapses changing significantly when she was moved. Those are seemingly indisputable facts.

The causes of all deaths/attempted murders is obviously critical. It has to be proved what caused that child to die/suffer a collapse and, if you can't prove it 100% medically, which seems to be what they are indicating in some of the cases, is it enough to say there was a clear pattern so we must attribute that death/collapse it to LL? In my opinion, no it isn't.

The Facebook searches are interesting but I need to know the context of them (not sure it than has been covered in the trial yet) Was she searching lots of parents she came into contact with or just the parents of the alleged victims. As a self confessed Facebook stalker, I would say the former is natural - maybe not ethical but natural. The latter is definitely more sinister, especially the repeated searching and timing of them. If she was only searching in connection to the alleged victims then that definitely becomes a pencil.

Some of her behaviour and/or statements attributed to her were definitely a bit odd but again, is that just inappropriate due to inexperience or sinister? If she's convicted, obviously it becomes the latter.

The note the police found, again, is interesting but, as people have discussed on the LL threads and I would tend to agree, it sounds like someone under significant pressure writing down lots of thoughts and the note also contains many denials, which obviously the media pretty much completely ignored. I'm not sure how the jury will see it though.

Those are the main 'pencils' I can think of.

There really doesn't seem to be much of a defence other than it wasn't me. And I don't think she will step into this witness box in a million years.

So, overall, my feeling right now is that will be convicted on the majority of charges but not all.

Last edited:
  • Heart

MissTeddy

VIP Member
If someone shot and killed a member of my family I would want them dead, and not just dead - tortured, hung, drawn and quartered.

But this is precisely why I think justice should be in the hands of the legal system.

Otherwise we are all barbarians and where do we draw the line between crime and punishment.

Reactions: 28

GeminiMoon

Chatty Member
I think a lot of people overestimate the care system…it is more often than not an abusive environment. My friend adopted a few years ago and her son has been physically and emotionally abused and neglected while in multiple foster homes. Many children are sexually abused too. Her son went through 7 foster homes before finally being adopted by my friend and he still thinks my friend is going to abandon him at some point.
These children suffer so much and it breaks my heart.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

50sGirl

VIP Member
On the subject of DNA there was a case here in Ireland where a young woman got off a bus one evening and was making her way to her uni accommodation.She was found viciously beaten at the side of the road.The Gaurds here couldn't figure out a motive so they took the unusual step of taking the DNA of every man and woman on the bus,they never found the culprit but there was a man on the bus who had killed a woman about 10 years previous who had to confess to murder because they got a DNA match in that!What an odd stroke of luck...the funny thing about it was they never found out what actually happened to the girl or if she was attacked,hit by a car etc...
I often wonder how many people did crimes years before DNA and now know if they have to give a sample for another reason then they’ll get found out. I hope they live in fear.

Reactions: 27

Ittybittytittyclub

Chatty Member
Has anyone been following the Debbie collier disappearance? It’s in America, but Is a strange one. She went to a dollar store miles and miles (90 minute drive) away from her home, passing several closer dollar stores, bought a tarp, touch and something else. Then went back to her car and sent her daughter a message along the lines of they won’t let me go, key to the house is in a flower pot love you. Then sent her daughter over $2000 and was found murdered and burned in woods the next afternoon

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

Skinnylike

I think a lot of people overestimate the care system…it is more often than not an abusive environment. My friend adopted a few years ago and her son has been physically and emotionally abused and neglected while in multiple foster homes. Many children are sexually abused too. Her son went through 7 foster homes before finally being adopted by my friend and he still thinks my friend is going to abandon him at some point.
These children suffer so much and it breaks my heart.
yeah the foster care system is filled with abuse and neglect from my appearance growing up

This is why I hate it when people say it’ll be fine to ban abortions and just let the children be adopted.
every pro lifer i know does not adopt. in fact every pro lifer i know is a man. they don’t care about children, they just like to oppress women

Reactions: 26

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
The Leah Croucher update is just absolutely heartbreaking. I’ve been thinking of her family all week and this new information just makes it even worse.

I know some have slated TVP but I do believe they did all they could. There was nothing to lead them to the address before now.
Hard to believe it was a mystery for so long and now it's seemingly done, dusted and solved in five days. Her family - their heads must be spinning.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

Django

VIP Member
You have been very kind about this sad case, Mez was a clever and wonderful woman, the Tattle web is a lovely thing sometimes as some other people here knew her too @colouredlines x

• Heart
Reactions: 25