Radio Recommendations & Rants aka (The Tattle Ken Bruce Support Group)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm surprised Ken was able to take popmaster with him, would have thought it would be Radio 2 IP?

Is anyone going to sign up to GHR premium?

ETA: Radio stations I listen to has mostly been R2. Listened to R1 back when Scott Mills did the afternoon show but found myself not liking the music!

I’m a dance/house/techno fan so I listen to R1 Dance mainly for Pete Tong’s show. I love 60s/70s/80s/90s music so I’ve been enjoying GHR in the car. I listen to Absolute and the 80s/90s etc variations of that station too.

I’m yet to find a breakfast show I like - I can’t stand Zoe Ball. I haven’t listen to Chris Moyles or Chris Evans since they moved.
I love Lauren Laverne on Radio 6 in the morning x

Reactions: 2
I'm surprised Ken was able to take popmaster with him, would have thought it would be Radio 2 IP?

I love Lauren Laverne on Radio 6 in the morning x
Ken and Phil Swern (the guy who sets the questions) own the rights to PopMaster.
The bbc slipped up there.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I find myself listening to all sorts of different stations as sometimes I like to listen to discussions, sometimes music, sometimes dramas (radio4).

Reactions: 1
I have to listen to about half an hour of Radio 1 at work in the afternoon, and I'm deeply irritated by how it seems to be an extension of CBBC.

The news bulletins are actually on the level of Newsround. "Rember Donald Trump? He used to be President of the United States.."

I know it's aimed towards a younger audience, but it's not aimed at actual children! It's embarrassing.

Why do they think their listeners need to be spoken to like children?

There's also a section where they talk to a member of the public, but they keep introducing them with their age "this is Becky, she's 26 and she's from Slough!" I can't think of any time since I was an older teen that I was introduced with my age. It's so puerile.

Another full house 39 points on PopMaster in it's first week on GHR.
Wonder if there will be a Champions League later in the year, no mention of it yet.

I can’t stand adverts on the radio so I only listen to bbc. I like Lauren Laverne on a morning and sometimes go for a bit of Sara Cox radio 2 in the late afternoon. I just swap between the two channels depending on the dj and what music they’re playing.

I am currently listening to Boom Radio and they are playing the Paul O'Grady Christmas show. Whilst it's lovely to hear Paul, it is a bit weird to be listening to Christmas songs on Easter Sunday.

I keep meaning to show you all this beaut sign I bought last year!
Screenshot_20230421-205538_Photos.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
PopMaster TV appears to be coming to More4 soon, plenty of plugs/ads for it on the Ch4 channels at the moment.
---
ETA - found on the twitter
snapshot_twitter.com_1686951616684.png

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What a lovely contestant Charlie was, on PopMaster, 36 points.
"Can I come back later in the year Ken? For Champions League?"

Ken hinted that there may be some sort of Champion of Champions quiz at the year's end.
I think GHR are also going to expand their playlist to include 60's music
:cool:

• Heart
It appears the 60's Radio station with Ken Bruce is only available if you have subscribed to GHR Premium.
£££
I'll pass, it would be better if GHR just introduced 60's music into their playlists.

• Sad
  • Angry
I've been listening to GHR for a while now. The ads don't bother me because if been listening to commercial stations for years. However I found something very annoying the other day whilst I was driving.

I usually have GHR tuned into GHR BBH (Beds, Bucks, Herts) but I was driving around Hertfordshire and North London, right on the boarders of the two stations. My radio kept switching between GHR BBH and GHR London. Turns out they actually have different presenters and whilst they play the same songs, there is a few seconds difference. It kept switching every 5 mins or so. Drove me nuts.

In the end I had to give up and went to Heart.

• Haha
I've been listening to GHR for a while now. The ads don't bother me because if been listening to commercial stations for years. However I found something very annoying the other day whilst I was driving.

I usually have GHR tuned into GHR BBH (Beds, Bucks, Herts) but I was driving around Hertfordshire and North London, right on the boarders of the two stations. My radio kept switching between GHR BBH and GHR London. Turns out they actually have different presenters and whilst they play the same songs, there is a few seconds difference. It kept switching every 5 mins or so. Drove me nuts.

In the end I had to give up and went to Heart.
They need to expand their playlist though, it can get repetitive, Whitney bloody Houston on loop.
I also enjoy Absolute 80's at times, Smooth Chill is a good station late at night.

They need to expand their playlist though, it can get repetitive, Whitney bloody Houston on loop.
I also enjoy Absolute 80's at times, Smooth Chill is a good station late at night.
I'm all over the place now I've sort of given up on LBC. I'll do Pop Master and Ken but then the rest of the day it's a free for all. Hubby quite often puts Radio Caroline Flashback on. I still love a bit of Serenade if I want something mellow.

• Heart
I'm all over the place now I've sort of given up on LBC. I'll do Pop Master and Ken but then the rest of the day it's a free for all. Hubby quite often puts Radio Caroline Flashback on. I still love a bit of Serenade if I want something mellow.
I only really give Nick Abbot a listen on LBC these days tbh & even he can be repetitive.

33 points for Greg on PopMaster, with some tough questions.
I hope Ken does a Champs League at the end of the year.