Radio Recommendations & Rants aka (The Tattle Ken Bruce Support Group)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What radio stations do you listen to?
Found yourself drifting away from a lot of BBC radio?
I still enjoy BBC 6music but have discovered more variety like Boom, Greatest Hits Radio, Scala Radio, Absolute 80's etc.
If you can tune in via the internet there are 1000's of free radio stations, in the UK & across the World, with something for everyone.
Recently been listening to -
Oldies 107.9 & 95.1 W.O.L.D (New Jersey) they play yacht rock, 70's, 80's, soft rock.

Solid Gold Gem AM (UK) no adverts, they play stuff from the 60's onwards, unusual album tracks, Beatles hour etc.

4BC NewsTalk 882 AM (Brisbane, Australia) a mix of talk, news, politics & music, with the time difference you often hear their through the night output, there can be some entertaining calls 😁

What are you enjoying radio wise?
Please do contribute.

Reactions: 2
What radio stations do you listen to?
Found yourself drifting away from a lot of BBC radio?
I still enjoy BBC 6music but have discovered more variety like Boom, Greatest Hits Radio, Scala Radio, Absolute 80's etc.
If you can tune in via the internet there are 1000's of free radio stations, in the UK & across the World, with something for everyone.
Recently been listening to -
Oldies 107.9 & 95.1 W.O.L.D (New Jersey) they play yacht rock, 70's, 80's, soft rock.

Solid Gold Gem AM (UK) no adverts, they play stuff from the 60's onwards, unusual album tracks, Beatles hour etc.

4BC NewsTalk 882 AM (Brisbane, Australia) a mix of talk, news, politics & music, with the time difference you often hear their through the night output, there can be some entertaining calls 😁

What are you enjoying radio wise?
Please do contribute.
Thanks for setting thread up. I listen too a mix of 6 music on the weekend with Rylan & Gambo thrown in. The teen sadly listens too Capital Extra on way to school (it's awful!)

Reactions: 1
In Easter Week of all week's, Ken Bruce returns to GHR.
Rejoice!
King Ken has Risen!
---
The music on GHR's breakfast show has been pretty good, Jimi Hendrix, Fun Boy 3, Wham.
Wonder what song Ken Bruce will open his new show with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Good track but if I had to guess it wouldn't have been this!

PopMaster :love:
Second contestant Richard gets a full house of 39 points.
I was hoping there would be no advert break between rounds, the T-shirts are still being made so Laura bagged herself a PopMaster board game 😁

I, and I suspect a million others, tuned in at 10 for Ken on GHR. I listen to Greatest Hits quite a lot anyway but I think I will be listening a lot more. The music is just my era.

Other than that I spend my time going between Boom/Boom Light, Serenade and Heart 70's & 80's.

It used to be LBC all day long but it's very boring and repetitive these days. Plus, music is better for my blood pressure.

• Heart
Is anyone going to sign up to GHR premium?

ETA: Radio stations I listen to has mostly been R2. Listened to R1 back when Scott Mills did the afternoon show but found myself not liking the music!

I’m a dance/house/techno fan so I listen to R1 Dance mainly for Pete Tong’s show. I love 60s/70s/80s/90s music so I’ve been enjoying GHR in the car. I listen to Absolute and the 80s/90s etc variations of that station too.

I’m yet to find a breakfast show I like - I can’t stand Zoe Ball. I haven’t listen to Chris Moyles or Chris Evans since they moved.

I'm really interested to see GHR RAJAR's in a few months.

They just need to get Steve Wright and they'll have a full house. 🤪

I'm really interested to see GHR RAJAR's in a few months.

They just need to get Steve Wright and they'll have a full house. 🤪
Yes, the station already has Mark Goodier, Simon Mayo, Jakki Brambles, Ken, Alex Lester & Richard Allinson sometimes 😁
I caught Alex Lester very early this morning, was ok, not many adverts either.

Yes, the station already has Mark Goodier, Simon Mayo, Jakki Brambles, Ken, Alex Lester & Richard Allinson sometimes 😁
I caught Alex Lester very early this morning, was ok, not many adverts either.
Richard Allinson is very underrated. I've always enjoyed his shows and seems to fit in anywhere.

I'm glad popmaster is back because the new quiz on BBC radio 2 is DIRE!
It just doesn't work, the scoring system is not great.
Ken had a few gremlins earlier with callers not being able to hear properly, unless they were 'at it' trying to get more time 😁