Race Across the World (BBC)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isobel booted off at her mum eating in the van, and then ate in the van herself, she's exhausting!!
She holds so much resentment towards her mum. I don't know what the point of going on the show to try mend their relationship was if she's going to just be on at her every two seconds. Their whole relationship is exhausting.

Reactions: 9
I don’t want to be controversial but it seems like everyone who is mildly irritating, occasionally rude or doesn’t fit into someone’s idea of “normal” is labelled neurodiverse these days.
Yeah, and it also kind of implies neurodiverse people are always rude, which isn't true.

I have wondered that about stephen myself, but he does seem aware that what he is doing is rude but doesn't seek to care. So I lean towards him just being rude.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if the producers suggested Stephen and Viv take the quickest route to keep the race more open.
You'd think if that was the case they'd have got told to get the bus the whole way but they started on the long slow train for quite a while before the buses. If they got the bus the whole way they might've been quicker

Reactions: 1
Where on earth do they find these contestants?

They must have 1000s of applicants and these are the most telly worthy people they give a contract to!

I get the two boys, they clearly have a fairly unique bond and a bit of a back story, but Betty and James are as bland as they come, mum and daughter should do themselves a favour and never speak to each other again and as for Steven and Viv, they make Tony and Elaine from s1 likeable and that’s saying something!

Previously as time went on I warmed to contestants, can’t see that happening this year, I just want them to shut the duck up most of the time, it’s like they had no idea what they were signing up for.

Im also cross that I can see another Tony and Elaine style win. Steven and Viv has so much money left they will be able to throw cash at the final stage and cruise to the finish line. She will just spend money on tennis lessons and he will no doubt buy himself something completely selfish that only benefits himself.

Reactions: 7
Where on earth do they find these contestants?

They must have 1000s of applicants and these are the most telly worthy people they give a contract to!

I get the two boys, they clearly have a fairly unique bond and a bit of a back story, but Betty and James are as bland as they come, mum and daughter should do themselves a favour and never speak to each other again and as for Steven and Viv, they make Tony and Elaine from s1 likeable and that’s saying something!

Previously as time went on I warmed to contestants, can’t see that happening this year, I just want them to shut the duck up most of the time, it’s like they had no idea what they were signing up for.

Im also cross that I can see another Tony and Elaine style win. Steven and Viv has so much money left they will be able to throw cash at the final stage and cruise to the finish line. She will just spend money on tennis lessons and he will no doubt buy himself something completely selfish that only benefits himself.
Bear with me - I don't understand why them winning is a bad thing, especially if they've managed to do so by being more money savvy than the rest?

This is my first time watching the show, am I missing something? Surely the point is to win the race and they are all doing so from an even field financially speaking.

I can't stand Stephen but like his Mrs. She reminds me of the couple in Benidorm that were Swingers 😂

The mum and daughter combo, words fail me. I'd love to know their backstoru and see what's happened to get them to this stage. At the moment all I see is a quite unpleasant daughter who really doesn't like her mum and a mum who's utterly at a loss as to why.

The brother and sister combo is odd, how do they not "know" each other? They're quite young to have spent significant time apart, other than one going off to uni. Unless I missed the explanation.

Reactions: 3
The tennis club does seem to be the focal point of her existence lol... Maybe husband no.4 is the tennis pro 🤣

The brother and sister combo is odd, how do they not "know" each other? They're quite young to have spent significant time apart, other than one going off to uni. Unless I missed the explanation.
Them not knowing each other is most likely nonsense like with Lizzie and Dom from series 2. They're basically a copy of them.

Reactions: 1
Them not knowing each other is most likely nonsense like with Lizzie and Dom from series 2. They're basically a copy of them.
Yeah the Lizzy and Dom hating each other was ridiculous. They were clearly closer than the average brother and sister and were in most of each other’s Instagram photos.
---
The tennis club does seem to be the focal point of her existence lol... Maybe husband no.4 is the tennis pro 🤣
I think it’s a euphemism and it’s actually a swinger’s club.

• Haha
Reactions: 2