QVC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought I'd start a thread on this shopping channel. Anyone bought anything from this channel? what are your best buys, worst buys etc?

Reactions: 4
Thought I'd start a thread on this shopping channel. Anyone bought anything from this channel? what are your best buys, worst buys etc?
I've bought quite a few things off QVC.. I've had lots of good buys over the years - Yankee Candles, Phillip Kingsley hair products, Elemis, This Works, An airfryer.
I swear by Richard Jackson products for my garden.
I've bought a few diamonique items but have usually sent them back as they weren't for me.
Never been tempted by the clothes or shoes though.

Reactions: 3
I love it, so underrated. It’s the only time I buy Elemis, you’d be mad not to at their prices. I use it for Shay & Blue, too. I also have a Cath Kidston DAB radio from them which is cute. Just clicked on their site and they’re doing a Christmas prep 😱 bit too early for me, but will see what people post.

I haven’t watched them for years but I remember my mum used to love their Christmas shows and would buy a lot from them.
I don’t think it’s the same as it used to be.

Reactions: 2
Anyone bought any food from them? I've bought Joe& Sephs popcorn before which was lovely.

Reactions: 1
If anyone is after the Dyson Corrale, they have an offer for £100 off it at the moment. Still a considered purchase though.

Watched Dyson haircare on QVC that often I had to buy an airwrap! Best money I've ever spent as I'm rubbish at blow drying. Hair drys super quick with it! Easy payment over 3 months was helpful

Watched Dyson haircare on QVC that often I had to buy an airwrap! Best money I've ever spent as I'm rubbish at blow drying. Hair drys super quick with it! Easy payment over 3 months was helpful
I got mine from there too. Fabulous for blow drying. I don't curl it enough but worth the money just for using 2 brushes.

I got mine from there too. Fabulous for blow drying. I don't curl it enough but worth the money just for using 2 brushes.
Same here, I mainly use the dryer and brushes. I only ever have time to do it in the evening, and If I curl it then sleep on it, it goes weird and kinky! Curls are best done fresh in my opinion.

my mums been shopping w them for like 20 odd years and still orders quite regularly! my dad actually used to work in the call centre in the 90s to help fund ivf

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m probably alone in this but I often put QVC on in the background- I find it really soothing for some reason!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m probably alone in this but I often put QVC on in the background- I find it really soothing for some reason!
Nope, you're not alone! It depends on the presenter though, some are nicer to listen to than others.

I've been buying from QVC since 2008 (when I first got a digi box thus gaining access to the channel). My first purchase was a Scrapbooking kit. Used to love the crafting shows, then they just disappeared overnight!

Now I mainly buy lots of beauty stuff - Elemis, L'occitane, Molton Brown, Nails Inc, Orly, OPI etc. Philosophy although they didn't have much stock last time I looked so I hope they're not doing away with that again. I sometimes buy the Christmas TSVs from Molton Brown etc and split them up for presents.

Bought a few kitchen/home things over the years - my Slanket is still going strong 😂 - my iPad, various computer bits and bobs.

I just love the fact you can try things, even cosmetics, and you can return them if they don't suit.

If you haven't watched one of the Andi Peters Food Fest shows you should. Pure chaos, usually.

Oh, they used to have a jewellery line called Suarti Silver - Balinese silver jewellery. I bought a few rings from that range but then it was discontinued 😭

Reactions: 5
I do. Mainly beauty stuff on TSV.

There used to be a QVC shop in Shrewsbury (haven’t been there in 5 years so don’t know if it still exists) but it used to sell off the returned/unsold stuff. I got so many bargains when I bought my old flat - pots and pans/bedding etc for next to nothing.

They used to sell brilliant food bags for keeping food/veg fresh. They came in different colours but they worked so well. I tried to find them last year but they seem to have been discontinued. ☹

I do. Mainly beauty stuff on TSV.

There used to be a QVC shop in Shrewsbury (haven’t been there in 5 years so don’t know if it still exists) but it used to sell off the returned/unsold stuff. I got so many bargains when I bought my old flat - pots and pans/bedding etc for next to nothing.

They used to sell brilliant food bags for keeping food/veg fresh. They came in different colours but they worked so well. I tried to find them last year but they seem to have been discontinued. ☹
Pity the Shrewsbury store closed,however I think the one in Warrington is still open.

They don’t seem to have a great range anymore but in the past I’ve bought the big bottles of Korres shower gel from them. The apple pie, honey doughnut and butter cookie (I think) were really lovely, not sickly sweet and I managed to get a couple cheap in a sale a while back.

The cosmetic stuff is usually good value as they have offers.

But the best but to watch is the clothes. The models strutting their stuff and twirling. Presenters getting really excited that a polyester top comes in red and blue!
And Ruth Langford getting twittery over little chain on the inside of the collar so you can hang the jacket up!

• Haha
Reactions: 7