Quiz (ITV) - Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes in the first episode, the brother in law gets given a number to call from another contestant. It’s a guy who runs a quiz group with links all over the country and claims he can help get him on the show and stuff, for a fee if I remember rightly.
Ah thank you! Missed that. I might watch the first one again actually as my kids were rudely interrupting me lol

Reactions: 1
I really like this show, I'm rather gripped. Michael Sheen is completely stealing the show for me.

Ah thank you! Missed that. I might watch the first one again actually as my kids were rudely interrupting me lol
If it wasn't for those pesky kids 😂

Reactions: 2
I love Michael Sheen so I’m watching for him, he really has gripped me. I was too young to remember this scandal the first time around, but it’s good!

Reactions: 1
Isn’t it funny you would think they wouldn’t let members of the same family play it if one has already been on the show? Especially a husband and wife. Odd rules. Never knew they’d all been on it.

It’s also reminded me what an utter cocky twit Chris Tarrant is. He often used to take the piss out of contestants in a I’m better than you kind of way. He’s horrible

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Oh my god this twitter thread 😂😂😂
I love these people who come up with this stuff. There’s just something so British about laughing and poking fun at the way people wave😂

Thought the series was really good and had random bits of humour inserted into it which I found great. What was that scene about where they were all dancing in the studio😂😂😂 and that last scene with Tarrant on the tv. Both added in for the drama of course. I thought the syndicate was interesting and also a very clever bunch of people. Would like to learn more about that group to be honest.

I can’t believe someone shot their pet dog! And their poor children being bullied at school because of it all. It’s not like they killed someone ffs, yes what they did was wrong but this crime is pretty tame compared to most. Certainly not worth killing their family pet and slashing their tyres over and I did feel for them for that.

Thought Chris tarragon actor was brilliant! Also fancied major ingram, so rather disappointed to see in real life he’s a dull worm of a man. Was so sad the dog got shot :(

• Haha
I have the final one to watch tonight but I am loving it. Michael Sheen is yet again knocking it out of the park. He is just the best at taking on famous people. Also lots of love to Matthew MacFadyen who is such an underrated actor IMO. If anyone has seen Succession - he steals the show in that.

I can’t believe someone shot their pet dog! And their poor children being bullied at school because of it all. It’s not like they killed someone ffs, yes what they did was wrong but this crime is pretty tame compared to most. Certainly not worth killing their family pet and slashing their tyres over and I did feel for them for that.
They didn't, in real life they never had a dog. It did say at the start of each episode that it wasn't completely factually accurate. Apparently they had a cat, not sure if anything happened to that or not, but they never had a dog.

The mini series was based on a West End play of the same name, which is where the weird Tarrant to camera bit on the end originates from - the audience in the theatre were asked to vote at the end on whether they thought the Ingrams were guilty or not. Im not sure if the shot dog was invented for the play and so kept in for the TV version, or was only invented for this TV version. But either way ITV should be ashamed, for showing something so emotive, but which never happened at all.

Reactions: 3
They didn't, in real life they never had a dog. It did say at the start of each episode that it wasn't completely factually accurate. Apparently they had a cat, not sure if anything happened to that or not, but they never had a dog.

The mini series was based on a West End play of the same name, which is where the weird Tarrant to camera bit on the end originates from - the audience in the theatre were asked to vote at the end on whether they thought the Ingrams were guilty or not. Im not sure if the shot dog was invented for the play and so kept in for the TV version, or was only invented for this TV version. But either way ITV should be ashamed, for showing something so emotive, but which never happened at all.
It was his cat not a dog and she survived. I checked his Twitter 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Has anyone else being surprised at how easy it seems to be to get on the show? I've never applied to be on a quiz show but I always thought they'd be inundated with applications.

Has anyone else being surprised at how easy it seems to be to get on the show? I've never applied to be on a quiz show but I always thought they'd be inundated with applications.
............ they were inundated that's why they had to have such an intricate system of cheats to actually get on?

Reactions: 5
Had no idea that's how the phone as friend worked. They just rang them at home!! Watching this with my parents as as kid we always thought they were in a hotel room out the way!

My dad tried loads to get on that show! No wonder he never succeeded as he wasn’t part of the cheaters 😂

• Haha
A few years after the show the Ingrams went on wife swap with Jade goody and her ex partner! Full episode is on YouTube. It’s a great watch!!

• Haha
It would be good if ITV aired the original documentary that they made after the trial, Major Fraud it was called.
“Quiz” was very sympathetic towards the Ingrams - I wasn't at all surprised to find out that they actually met with the producers while it was being filmed!! So it sounds to me like they had some sort of influence with the way it was made, ending in the question of whether they were guilty or not.
Of course they were bloody guilty, watch the factual documentary and it will leave you in no doubt! Rather than a fictional drama that was influenced by the Ingrams 😂

It would be good if ITV aired the original documentary that they made after the trial, Major Fraud it was called.
“Quiz” was very sympathetic towards the Ingrams - I wasn't at all surprised to find out that they actually met with the producers while it was being filmed!! So it sounds to me like they had some sort of influence with the way it was made, ending in the question of whether they were guilty or not.
Of course they were bloody guilty, watch the factual documentary and it will leave you in no doubt! Rather than a fictional drama that was influenced by the Ingrams 😂
I think maybe one of the reasons they wont show it is because I thought it said viewers couldn't hear the coughing?

I think maybe one of the reasons they wont show it is because I thought it said viewers couldn't hear the coughing?
You can see the episode on YouTube and the coughing is very obvious - which I think is the result of itv isolating it so it wasn’t so blatant at the time. But anyone interested should check that out, it’s weird to watch, her reactions especially where so unsubtle.

I agree they are guilty as sin but I enjoyed the other perspective. It made the show far more interesting and thought provoking. It was certainly sympathetic to him, portraying him as completely unaware and not at all cunning. It jarred slightly seeing him so gassed to have won the money, having seemed so nonchalant before. But a million would wake anyone up to be fair ....

I thought it was a really good watch. Well written and paced but absolutely made by the quality of acting.