Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kev1974

VIP Member
How good was Michael Sheen as Chris Tarrant? Pretty much spot on.

Saw several calls on Twitter for Clarkson to be sacked from New WWTBAM and Michael Sheen as Chris Tarrant to be installed as host.

I was disappointed by Fleabag's sister, playing Major Ingram's wife though. Seems that the only part she knows how to play, is Fleabag's sister?

Surprised that the WWTBAM programme makers didn't do more to stop the same people rigging the system to get on the show, than it appears they did.

Reactions: 10

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
i really enjoyed it..i remember him winning but had no idea both his wife and BIL had already taken part and the teams of quiz experts helping each other . looking forward to the other episodes

Reactions: 6

Lumpfish

VIP Member
Has anyone else being surprised at how easy it seems to be to get on the show? I've never applied to be on a quiz show but I always thought they'd be inundated with applications.
............ they were inundated that's why they had to have such an intricate system of cheats to actually get on?

Reactions: 5

hrh89

VIP Member
Just watching it now Michael Sheen is amazing as Chris Tarrant the accent is spot on! Matthew McFadyen is always good too.
Funny watching it, brings back such strong memories of watching it as a child on a Saturday night god it was such a huge show back then.

Also.. I love Mark Bonnar 🥰

Reactions: 5

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
Did anyone watch their defence lawyer on This Morning? They're still trying to appeal the decision 20 years on!
yes ! how could anyone dispute he was cheating..he was the real life Tim nice but dim . he was thick as shit. all that saying he'd never heard of people etc then changing answer to that after the coughing. its actually painfully embarrassing watching that part of the programme he was so bad.
the wife made me laugh when she said we won that money we didnt cheat 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

LoisLane

It would be good if ITV aired the original documentary that they made after the trial, Major Fraud it was called.
“Quiz” was very sympathetic towards the Ingrams - I wasn't at all surprised to find out that they actually met with the producers while it was being filmed!! So it sounds to me like they had some sort of influence with the way it was made, ending in the question of whether they were guilty or not.
Of course they were bloody guilty, watch the factual documentary and it will leave you in no doubt! Rather than a fictional drama that was influenced by the Ingrams 😂

cosmo girl

VIP Member
Can't wait to watch tonight. I remember watching this. Chris Tarrant said Michael Sheen is the only person to get him right.

• Heart

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Oh my god this twitter thread 😂😂😂
I love these people who come up with this stuff. There’s just something so British about laughing and poking fun at the way people wave😂

Thought the series was really good and had random bits of humour inserted into it which I found great. What was that scene about where they were all dancing in the studio😂😂😂 and that last scene with Tarrant on the tv. Both added in for the drama of course. I thought the syndicate was interesting and also a very clever bunch of people. Would like to learn more about that group to be honest.

I can’t believe someone shot their pet dog! And their poor children being bullied at school because of it all. It’s not like they killed someone ffs, yes what they did was wrong but this crime is pretty tame compared to most. Certainly not worth killing their family pet and slashing their tyres over and I did feel for them for that.

hrh89

VIP Member
Isn’t it funny you would think they wouldn’t let members of the same family play it if one has already been on the show? Especially a husband and wife. Odd rules. Never knew they’d all been on it.

It’s also reminded me what an utter cocky twat Chris Tarrant is. He often used to take the piss out of contestants in a I’m better than you kind of way. He’s horrible

Last edited:

Scahudderxx

Chatty Member
A few years after the show the Ingrams went on wife swap with Jade goody and her ex partner! Full episode is on YouTube. It’s a great watch!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Horatio

VIP Member
I think maybe one of the reasons they wont show it is because I thought it said viewers couldn't hear the coughing?
You can see the episode on YouTube and the coughing is very obvious - which I think is the result of itv isolating it so it wasn’t so blatant at the time. But anyone interested should check that out, it’s weird to watch, her reactions especially where so unsubtle.

I agree they are guilty as sin but I enjoyed the other perspective. It made the show far more interesting and thought provoking. It was certainly sympathetic to him, portraying him as completely unaware and not at all cunning. It jarred slightly seeing him so gassed to have won the money, having seemed so nonchalant before. But a million would wake anyone up to be fair ....

I thought it was a really good watch. Well written and paced but absolutely made by the quality of acting.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'm enjoying it very much - just pure entertainment.
I like the character of the brother-in-law, such an absolute odd bod - 'on the run' all the time 😂 .

kev1974

VIP Member
I can’t believe someone shot their pet dog! And their poor children being bullied at school because of it all. It’s not like they killed someone ffs, yes what they did was wrong but this crime is pretty tame compared to most. Certainly not worth killing their family pet and slashing their tyres over and I did feel for them for that.
They didn't, in real life they never had a dog. It did say at the start of each episode that it wasn't completely factually accurate. Apparently they had a cat, not sure if anything happened to that or not, but they never had a dog.

The mini series was based on a West End play of the same name, which is where the weird Tarrant to camera bit on the end originates from - the audience in the theatre were asked to vote at the end on whether they thought the Ingrams were guilty or not. Im not sure if the shot dog was invented for the play and so kept in for the TV version, or was only invented for this TV version. But either way ITV should be ashamed, for showing something so emotive, but which never happened at all.

Orange Creme

VIP Member
It was quite interesting to see behind the scenes of what goes into the show and I was surprised that the brother in law had appeared so many times. I thought it started off quite slowly but I really got into it towards the end of the episode. Looking forward to next week!

orangelolly

Chatty Member
Did anyone watch their defence lawyer on This Morning? They're still trying to appeal the decision 20 years on!

• Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Michael Sheen stealing the show, he’s amazing in this.

I remember watching WWTBAM with my parents of an evening, so finding this drama to be a real nostalgia trip. Can’t wait for the final episode tomorrow night! I remember this all kicking off and hearing about how he won it because of someone in the audience coughing or something, but I didn’t realise the brother in law and wife had been on the show previously nor did I know about that quiz syndicate group thing, interesting stuff.

Orange Creme

VIP Member
They didn't, in real life they never had a dog. It did say at the start of each episode that it wasn't completely factually accurate. Apparently they had a cat, not sure if anything happened to that or not, but they never had a dog.

The mini series was based on a West End play of the same name, which is where the weird Tarrant to camera bit on the end originates from - the audience in the theatre were asked to vote at the end on whether they thought the Ingrams were guilty or not. Im not sure if the shot dog was invented for the play and so kept in for the TV version, or was only invented for this TV version. But either way ITV should be ashamed, for showing something so emotive, but which never happened at all.
It was his cat not a dog and she survived. I checked his Twitter 😂

• Heart
  • Haha