Qatar World Cup 2022 🇶🇦

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn't it the UK rather than England? Language like putos would cause outrage if it was used in the UK, I believe it's more of a homophobic slur than putas which is witches/whores/sluts. I wouldn't repeat the definition I think it is, the sun stopped using that language a few decades ago.
Yes but Ingleses = English people, so they’re specifically cussing the English in the song, and you’re right if you translate it directly, it is actually English f*gs.
So basically, don’t feel too bad about anyone making Falklands references lol.

Reactions: 1
Wasn't it the UK rather than England? Language like putos would cause outrage if it was used in the UK, I believe it's more of a homophobic slur than putas which is witches/whores/sluts. I wouldn't repeat the definition I think it is, the sun stopped using that language a few decades ago.
The song talks about the English rather than the British; a lot of people around the world tend to conflate the two terms.

Puto is actually incredibly difficult to translate - as an adjective it's not homophobic, but as a noun it can be (puta is the same, mildly offensive as an adjective but a lot worse as a noun). It's also used to mean coward, the same way pussy would be used in English.

Reactions: 2
The people who live in the Falklands wish to remain British and until that changes their wishes should be respected. Why are they so hung up on getting the islands back anyway? They look like the most depressing place on earth!

Puto is actually incredibly difficult to translate - as an adjective it's not homophobic, but as a noun it can be (puta is the same, mildly offensive as an adjective but a lot worse as a noun). It's also used to mean coward, the same way pussy would be used in English.
Thanks that's interesting, I do like watching Spanish stuff with subtitles and everytime they say puta there's over half a dozen different English words they'll use to translate 😆

• Haha
The people who live in the Falklands wish to remain British and until that changes their wishes should be respected. Why are they so hung up on getting the islands back anyway? They look like the most depressing place on earth!
oil

The seabeds surrounding The Falklands have untapped oil reserves beneath them. There was word of drilling licences a few years back but it all went quiet.

Messi not having a roommate in the hotel as Aguero wasn’t there so the goalkeeper had to share with a coach staff. Aguero joining them the night before the final and sharing a room with Messi. Kind of sad because it would’ve been nice to see Aguero win the World Cup if only he didn’t have to retire. Would’ve also been nice to see Messi and Aguero play for the same club imo

Can't believe I missed this at the time, awkward 😬

• Haha