Puppies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone elses pup just LOVE socks? :LOL: I swear he has some sort of sixth sense, he just knows when you're about to take off or put on some socks. He could be asleep in another room and as soon as I've got a sock out he's there thinking it's a game of tug of war :ROFLMAO: when I'm emptying the washing machine he's there, waiting to pounce on any socks I might drop :ROFLMAO:
Yes. Mines 2yo and still loves them.
---
ETA Just appeared beside me to prove my point🤣

Screenshot_20230218-084535.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
we are well and truly into our first season! 🤦😩😭
she's coping so well but it's just horrible to see. she's a lot more quieter then usual (which is nice lol!) and a lot more sleepy. we've just been keeping her calm and chill, a lot less walks and such.

since yesterday late afternoon she has been licking herself a lot more which she didn't do at the beginning of the week, think she's realized she needs to keep her self clean lol! 😅(she started bleeding monday) she's just tried to go for a pee but then turn round and licked herself instead so I think she went is this normal?

Reactions: 1
Ahh my puppy had her first season around Christmas. Exactly the same - very sleepy and much quieter and yes, she still licks herself a lot! But she’s come through it is much calmer - she’s a real lady!

So yes, sounds normal from my experience! Are you going to have her spayed?

Ahh my puppy had her first season around Christmas. Exactly the same - very sleepy and much quieter and yes, she still licks herself a lot! But she’s come through it is much calmer - she’s a real lady!

So yes, sounds normal from my experience! Are you going to have her spayed?
yes we are! going to wait til after 3 months so everything's had a chance to chill down a bit 😆
definitely prefer this version of her as she's so calm and chill not as fiesty 🤣

she also has a groom at the end of April was due a cut the last week but started bleeding she'll definitely need it by the end 🤣

I definitely need to book mine in! She finished her season in January and still hasn’t been done 🫣

I definitely need to book mine in! She finished her season in January and still hasn’t been done 🫣
Definitely book her in if you’re not going to have pups! It’s been really hard/horrible to watch so we don’t want her to go through that again! You should be all safe to get her done! Definitely shop around for prices as well and speak to your vet😁

10 months old and STILL waiting for this first heat 🤣 I’m just praying she’ll calm down once it’s happened cause she’s just wired 24/7. Getting very conflicting opinions from the vets about whether we need to wait til she’s had a season or not before she gets spade. I’ll be very unimpressed if we’ve waited all this time when she could’ve been done 🤣🤣

When did everyone remove the crate for puppies? Ours is 10 months old and wi happily stay in his crate overnight but it gets to 6am and he wants out to go sleep.on the couch downstairs. We're thinking of just biting the bullet and letting him sleep downstairs but any and all advice is welcome 😁

We started leaving the crate open when she was 4 months old as she was getting a bit big for it and we weren't sure about whether to buy a bigger one or not. We also timed it alongside buying her a new bed and I can honestly say that as soon as that new bed was in the living room she did not go near the crate. We left it in the room for a couple of weeks so it was there if she wanted to go in it but she didn't go in it at all.

I was genuinely surprised as she definitely treated it as her 'safe space' but then that seemed to switch to her new bed. We have a stairgate which we keep closed at night-time but even if it was open I don't think she would come upstairs til the morning (she usually lies down at the bottom of the stairs about 7am waiting for us to come down to let her out and fuss over her letting us know she is ready to start the day if we haven't already been down).

When did everyone remove the crate for puppies? Ours is 10 months old and wi happily stay in his crate overnight but it gets to 6am and he wants out to go sleep.on the couch downstairs. We're thinking of just biting the bullet and letting him sleep downstairs but any and all advice is welcome 😁
If getting on ok take the crate away and just leave a bed for him where the crate was. Test the water and see. We done crate training with all our dogs and now they aren’t in the crate and sleep in a bed downstairs instead.

our girls a year next month and we have yet to remove. don't think we ever will. not sure we'd have a house to come back to lol! but she still loves it so not going to eat rid of it soon!

our second boxer hattttted his crate. he'd wee and poo and kick off. so we stopped, let him have the run of kitchen and sunroom, he weed and pooed a d ate it, destroyed out chairs and tables 🙈 we think he might of had separation anxiety but he did get a lot better.

that's why we've been so determined with our spaniel to get the crate training right. hard work has paid off! but think it just suits you! could always try it and see what happens?

Reactions: 2
My dogs 14 in June and he still had his crate. Doesn’t get locked in at all but he still loves it and will lie in it a lot. He also has a bed in the living room but barely uses that it’s either the sofa, a chair or his crate. Even if you’re sat in the living room he’ll go and lie in his crate.
I also think it’s good that dogs are crate trained and always used to a crate incase they ever need surgery or crate rest as it’ll cause them less stress if they ever need that.

• Heart
our girl would never go in there on her own and sleep so we just let her sleep where ever during the day. but she's happy to go in at night or when we go out which is our main thing!

our girl would never go in there on her own and sleep so we just let her sleep where ever during the day. but she's happy to go in at night or when we go out which is our main thing!
Mine never chooses to sleep in her crate. She’s got two. One in our lounge and one in the kitchen. The kitchen crate is where she sleeps at night and the lounge one is where she is put for naps during the day. She’s currently in the lounge one having a nice nap after a walk and some breakfast

10 months old and STILL waiting for this first heat 🤣 I’m just praying she’ll calm down once it’s happened cause she’s just wired 24/7. Getting very conflicting opinions from the vets about whether we need to wait til she’s had a season or not before she gets spade. I’ll be very unimpressed if we’ve waited all this time when she could’ve been done 🤣🤣
When to neuter is so complicated, which is why you might be getting conflicting answers. Temperament and breed all play a part. Not sure what breed yours is (going to take a guess at something bigger if she's 10mo and not had a season), so my professional advice would be wait.

ETA. Don't rely on spaying to calm her down.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Mine is going in to get spayed tomorrow morning and now I am getting nervous and having second thoughts. I am sure it will be for the best but just feel so bad for her, especially since she is oblivious about what's coming!

• Heart
Mine is going in to get spayed tomorrow morning and now I am getting nervous and having second thoughts. I am sure it will be for the best but just feel so bad for her, especially since she is oblivious about what's coming!
it's definitely best for her! if you aren't going to breed from her can also remove threats of tumors and womb infections! we will be doing it for our girl when the times ready! need to wait three months first as she's just had her season!

I'm sure your girl will be fine! ❤

• Heart
Vet nurse here! I promise she’ll be absolutely fine. We do this surgery every single day and could do it in our sleep, she’ll be in VERY safe hands and have a registered nurse monitoring her anaesthetic throughout 😁

I lost a patient to a horrendous pyometra this week - I can’t recommend spaying enough 😟 It avoids so much unnecessary heartbreak further down the line! Let us know how she gets on! 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 6
An update: the season is here! Little girl is sleepy, and quite irritable, but doing well. She’s cleaning herself up and is coping marvellously 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Please help me! I haven’t slept since we got our pup a few days ago. First few nights she was in a pen in our room but hardly settled so we tried crate training today - managed to get her to sleep in there but tonight when she was so tired she couldn’t even open her eyes we put her to bed in the crate and we’ve had 2 hours of screaming even when we took her out to comfort her. I’ve been in tears myself. Everyone I speak to has different advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.