Puppies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone find their puppy plays up more when your partner (if you have one) is there?

We've noticed recently the puppy is pretty good when he is one on one with each of us. But as soon as both myself and my husband are both in the same room he gets overly excited and goes wild running between the 2 of us, trying to bite our feet, won't listen to our commands etc and it takes ages to settle him down.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm really struggling after rehoming my pup, to me it's worst than them dying, cos they're all buried here, but it's the not knowing how his little life is

• Sad
I'm really struggling after rehoming my pup, to me it's worst than them dying, cos they're all buried here, but it's the not knowing how his little life is
I’m so so sorry to hear this, were you able to meet the people beforehand? We were so close to rehoming and know what a massive decision it is and therefore have absolutely no doubt that you made the right decision. I’m sure he’s doing great and you set him up for a great life.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So sorry to hear this. Are you able to stay in touch? I rehomed a cat from a lady who didn’t really want to get rid of him, but life changed going back 3 years ago now. We have a little WhatsApp chat where I still post updates for her to this day and she visits whenever she passes through. I get not everybody wants to keep in touch etc but I trust that you made the right decision and they will have a lovely life.

• Heart
Yeap met the people who had him, but tbh, they've treated us like tit, it was bad enough having to give him up, but the hassle we've had after has been truly awful, all we wanted was to see him, but they wouldn't let us, their attitude was you've rehomed him, clean break, I broke my heart my he went. Have read on here, so pleased to read you're still keeping puppyx

• Sad
Reactions: 5
So when do they stop biting? We have a 11 week old puppy and he’s like a crocodile still. Please tell me this phase passes quickly. 🤣

Does anyone find their puppy plays up more when your partner (if you have one) is there?

We've noticed recently the puppy is pretty good when he is one on one with each of us. But as soon as both myself and my husband are both in the same room he gets overly excited and goes wild running between the 2 of us, trying to bite our feet, won't listen to our commands etc and it takes ages to settle him down.
yeah ours was like this. He’s grown out of it a bit now but at times it felt like he just couldn’t control the excitement when we were both in the room. I remember after nearly 2 hours of trying to settle him one evening I took myself upstairs and cried as I was exhausted and my bf said he calmed as soon as I was gone! I think sometimes they just get so excited they don’t know what to do with themselves

• Heart
@WilmaHun you're doing a good job, puppies are hard work, years later, like me at the mo who has my boy next to me in bed, even though he didn't like puppy, I don't hold that against him, dogs are such good company!

• Heart
I'm feeling quite upset today, I feel such a failure for giving up puppy, I really wish I could erase the last 3 months, hindsight is a wonderful thing, I think about him everyday, wondering what he's up to and what he looks like!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm feeling quite upset today, I feel such a failure for giving up puppy, I really wish I could erase the last 3 months, hindsight is a wonderful thing, I think about him everyday, wondering what he's up to and what he looks like!
You did it because you loved him not to be rid of him. I took a dog on that needed a new home but he was so loved and cherished they knew he required more exercise than they could give him so i am so grateful to them and he was really confident because he trusted humans and I used to update them but honestly from their side it sort of fizzled out. Think of all the people who abuse dogs and don’t care. You would not have given the puppy up if it wasn’t the right thing to do and that was an act of love.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@Gamu thank you, I'm such a bloody softy when it comes to dogs, I prefer them more than humans! And I know I'm lucky with the dog I have, but I really have to get my head around that he's the only one for the next few years! I probably come across as heartless, but I've always had 2 dogs, and I really miss the character of a Jack Russell, I had to pts my jack last September, out of all my dogs I've lost, he broke my heart 💖

Sorry me again, talking about my last dog, has made me so upset, then giving up puppy, who was a bloody gorgeous jack, and we did a 14 hour drive to get him, then the hassle we've had after rehoming him, all I wanted was to see him and the knock on from this I have to change vets

Last edited:
  • Heart
Sending you love ❤

• Heart
Sending you so much love but absolutely believe you did what you thought was as best thing for the pup. You essentially put his potential happiness above yours which is amazing Xxx

• Heart
Sending you so much love but absolutely believe you did what you thought was as best thing for the pup. You essentially put his potential happiness above yours which is amazing Xxx
You lovely guys on here have made me cry again, and I really don't do emotions, I really need to get my head around that this gorgeous collie is enough for me, but I soo miss my last jack, then brought a puppy jack, it's been hard

Hi there ..Don’t be hard on urself ..We got a puppy in February this year ..He’s a cockapoo and he’s nearly been re-housed aswell..It’s really hard work ..Some days I still find him hard….In the early days myself and my husband were arguing a lot ..It’s settled down now …You probably found it really tough decision to make 😞…What dog did you have?

Hi there ..Don’t be hard on urself ..We got a puppy in February this year ..He’s a cockapoo and he’s nearly been re-housed aswell..It’s really hard work ..Some days I still find him hard….In the early days myself and my husband were arguing a lot ..It’s settled down now …You probably found it really tough dec inision to make 😞…What dog did you have?
Puppies do take a toll on your life, but it's only for a short time, then you end up with a beautiful dog, so worth it.
I rehomed a Jack Russell, but I have a border collie

Puppies do take a toll on your life, but it's only for a short time, then you end up with a beautiful dog, so worth it.
I rehomed a Jack Russell, but I have a border collie
They do..Ours growls at us a lot at the minute..I hope he grows out of it …

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.