Primark

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm planning to go with my sisters over the next few weeks but I can't stand the crowds so trying to figure out when will be best to go. My closest store is the Belfast one. Can't wait to have a wee nosey. Though the Belfast one had a hugeee fire years ago so they are still rebuilding it - no escalators so you end up climbing about 7 flights of stairs and they have the heat on full whack so you come out sweating the bit out :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is it the matte one, the Estee Lauder dupe? It's brilliant.
It’s the powder foundation, not sure if that’s the one.

Went today and they didn’t have any of it!! Won’t be braving it again any time soon, only went by on the off chance that there would be no queue.

Reactions: 1
No crowds or queues on Wednesday. I bought some vest tops,pj shorts ,a lovely cotton dressing gown, nail varnish,bits of make up and a pair of sandals they didn't have last year in my size but now do. Very pleased and it was nice to be back

Reactions: 3
Nice to see other Primark fans on here. Personally I love it, but have seen a lot of Primark snobbery on this site.
We call it Penneys in Ireland as you probably know, and I can't wait for it to open. It'll be open on 17th May. I think attitudes have changed in Ireland certainly, especially as Penneys / Primark have really raised their game. Such a great selection now.

Reactions: 5
We call it Penneys in Ireland as you probably know, and I can't wait for it to open. It'll be open on 17th May. I think attitudes have changed in Ireland certainly, especially as Penneys / Primark have really raised their game. Such a great selection now.
I'm Irish myself but married to a Mancunian who dragged me here. My family laugh when I say I got something in Primark instead of saying Penneys!!!

I ended up getting some nice sandals, and loads of socks, underwear and pjs for the kids and myself. Himself said he didnt need new socks or pants.His face when I arrived home with nought for him 🤣🤣 it's the quietest I've ever seen the place. I wonder what is old stock and what is new new. I needed new clothes but nothing grabbed my fancy.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone tried the period knickers at all? Curious whether they're any good or not.
I'm interested to know too. I have tried other brands and they are quite pricey so definitely interested in a cheaper alternative

I went to my local Primark last week in Cardiff, expecting to buy loads but was really disappointed with the selection. It was super busy but was in the lunch hour so not unexpected.

I got some nice home bits when i went - a few fake plants, accessories and stuff. Clothes wise I was looking forward to seeing their new maternity stuff but the only had two small rails in my local one! Online I had seen dungarees, dresses etc but all they had were t shirts with slogans like “mama to be” on 🙄

Primark sell period knickers?! I need more details! I currently use cheeky wipes ones but the lockdown pounds mean I can't sit comfortably in them 🤣
They just seem to be a new arrival. That's why I was curious as to what they're like. Not sure whether they're in all stores or not yet.

I’m going today 🥳 first time since November.

My list is small and shockingly, there’s nothing for myself on it.

However, what I come out with will be a different story… hopefully.

Reactions: 2
I went today and the only things I bought where socks and Harry Potter stickers. The stickers are cute though.

Got my hands on some of the period pants today. 3 pack for £12!

They aren't generous size wise. I'm normally a 12 in knickers and I bought large (14-16) and they fit snug.

Feel comfy, will have to see how they perform!

Reactions: 4
I went last Thursday evening with my sisters. The weather was shite here in Belfast so there was no queue to get in and inside wasn't too bad. Here in Belfast we have two stores at the moment as the big one had a huge fire a few years ago, they are currently rebuilding the front of it so atm woman's is in one and kids, men and house stuff is in another round the corner. Bit of a pain because the heat is bleeping unbearable in one store without having to start over and endure it in the other! Legit came out like I had been sat in a sauna :m

I bought a bottle of tan, it was medium to dark shade and £3. Genuinely think its pretty decent. wears off well and smells really nice!

Some of the foundation in shade 9 which is sand. Really rate it though its probably way too dark for my skin as I couldn't really sit and test them all obviously due to covid so just took a risk! It will do for when I go out out, as I normally stick darker foundation on then. Its very good I think.

Bought some concealer - Again another thumbs up.

A bikini. wishful thinking.

A bikini cover up. again wishful thinking.

A nice blue and white flowery skirt that comes to just above the knee, will be lovely when I go on holidays whenever it may be.

Grey PJ shorts x 2
Pink PJ shorts x 1 - No matching tops because I never match my pj's. Half the t-shirts I own become PJ tops anyway.

Some ankle bracelets. I am 31, not 12 but who cares

Long PJ bottoms, oversized. Perfect for lazy sundays.

Sports bra - really bloody comfy! Used it for just chilling round the house then on the exercise bike and it gets a thumbs up

Two pairs of bicycle shorts - in grey and pink. Very cute and will do for my home workouts.

Trainer socks. Always a must.

Underwear, and lots of it so I can throw loads out.

Bought some scented room things which I have on the radiators and smell lovely.

Bought my boyfriend a couple of plain t-shirts and my mum and stepdad some plain hoodies for round the house.

I really wanted to buy some of the candles but i knew my boyfriend would only whinge because I have already about 100 candles that we can't even light properly because our cat is a head that likes to knock everything off :):)

My sister got some lovely tops, and some lovely wee clothes for the kids, looney tunes etc. She spent a fortune. Thankfully we don't go often. Easy to spend loads in there.

Reactions: 7