PrettyPastelPlease

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a quick search and couldn’t find a thread on her. I’ll give a quick run down of who she is:
Name: Alex (PrettyPastelPlease on YT/Insta)
Content: Mainly fashion, gets involved in a lot of fast fashion but then acts like it’s okay because she donates it all at the end of the year/flogs it off for charity. She popped up in my recommendations around about the Jaclyn Hill mouldy lipstick gate (which she did a video on)

What’s everyones opinions? What prompted me to make this thread is in one of her new videos she mentioned “bi panic” a few times, sexualising her friends while they were trying on clothes to the point of it being uncomfortable to watch. She later stated she was straight in that same video. That didn’t sit very well with me, it almost came across quite queerbaity in my opinion.

Reactions: 3
Had a quick search and couldn’t find a thread on her. I’ll give a quick run down of who she is:
Name: Alex (PrettyPastelPlease on YT/Insta)
Content: Mainly fashion, gets involved in a lot of fast fashion but then acts like it’s okay because she donates it all at the end of the year/flogs it off for charity. She popped up in my recommendations around about the Jaclyn Hill mouldy lipstick gate (which she did a video on)

What’s everyones opinions? What prompted me to make this thread is in one of her new videos she mentioned “bi panic” a few times, sexualising her friends while they were trying on clothes to the point of it being uncomfortable to watch. She later stated she was straight in that same video. That didn’t sit very well with me, it almost came across quite queerbaity in my opinion.
hello! Was hoping an alex thread would pop up - I started following her a couple years back when she’d review wish items / unique clothes from smaller places etc.. but honestly as her channel has grown I’ve found shes become unbearable to watch.

I understand and respect people grow and content changes but now it’s all rude remarks from her when people voice opinions on her content, especially the videos where she’s dyeing her hair which she honestly churns out at-least once a week? Lmao

As for the queerbaiting I HATE that; it’s almost like she makes it a part of her brand online, being part of the lgbtqia+ community isn’t part of your ‘pretty pastel’ aesthetic alex??
And saying ‘bi-panic’ as a straight woman is honestly just using bisexuality like it’s a throwaway statement - its on par with people who don’t like mess saying they have OCD - it just doesn’t work like that when these labels are real and people actually are these things?

Finally as for the friendship thing, I couldn’t agree more, also the clickbaity ‘ex boyfriend’ videos when she includes her friend same irritate me alot, especially because if anyone insinuates anything around her and him she gets rude again as mentioned above 😀

Also, where’s the bird gone??? 😭🦜

Reactions: 4
hello! Was hoping an alex thread would pop up - I started following her a couple years back when she’d review wish items / unique clothes from smaller places etc.. but honestly as her channel has grown I’ve found shes become unbearable to watch.

I understand and respect people grow and content changes but now it’s all rude remarks from her when people voice opinions on her content, especially the videos where she’s dyeing her hair which she honestly churns out at-least once a week? Lmao

As for the queerbaiting I HATE that; it’s almost like she makes it a part of her brand online, being part of the lgbtqia+ community isn’t part of your ‘pretty pastel’ aesthetic alex??
And saying ‘bi-panic’ as a straight woman is honestly just using bisexuality like it’s a throwaway statement - its on par with people who don’t like mess saying they have OCD - it just doesn’t work like that when these labels are real and people actually are these things?

Finally as for the friendship thing, I couldn’t agree more, also the clickbaity ‘ex boyfriend’ videos when she includes her friend same irritate me alot, especially because if anyone insinuates anything around her and him she gets rude again as mentioned above 😀

Also, where’s the bird gone??? 😭🦜
We’re completely on the same page! I followed her because I initially found her super endearing and funny but now it seems as though she’s gotten a bit too big for her boots.
Careful asking about the bird, no doubt she’ll make a snarky remark about him being alive and well when people are just genuinely concerned since he’s gone from being part of her brand to barely being mentioned.

• Haha
We’re completely on the same page! I followed her because I initially found her super endearing and funny but now it seems as though she’s gotten a bit too big for her boots.
Careful asking about the bird, no doubt she’ll make a snarky remark about him being alive and well when people are just genuinely concerned since he’s gone from being part of her brand to barely being mentioned.
I agree with both of you...I have only been watching in the last week to see what she will do with her hair next but have been unsubscribed for a while as something just felt off. Like I am genuinely interested as she is eventually getting it styled so it is pretty fun. The ex-boyfriend thing I find a bit weird but not because they are still friends but because I was so shocked that they weren't brother and sister when I worked out they used to date lol.

Funnily enough she gave an update on her bird on the 12th.

Does anyone know what the living arrangements are? I am so confused...Is it her, her husband, ex-boyfriend and now new partner or is it just her and her husband alone now?

Reactions: 2
How weird. I just watch her video today where she was talking about not feeling herself and how happy she is exploring a new style. It seems so much more genuine.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know what the living arrangements are? I am so confused...Is it her, her husband, ex-boyfriend and now new partner or is it just her and her husband alone now?
I think it’s just her and her husband but she has friends around near on every day/night.

The fact that she’s bought so many clothes that she wasn’t even sure whether something her friend bought her was something she had already bought herself, how detached from reality do you have to be. Glad she thrifts it all instead of fast fashion but Christ.

Can we talk about her hair? She went wild with changing hair colours for a while, I’m really glad she’s went back to red. The black hair she had last really didn’t suit her at all!

I also liked her at first but find her incredibly unpleasant these days so stopped watching/following

Reactions: 5
I also liked her at first but find her incredibly unpleasant these days so stopped watching/following
this. So much this.

I just find her really grating now.Her videos just feel like cash grabs and they feel so wasteful with the sheer volume of cr@p she buys and will probably never wear. The excuse “My viewers want SHEIN” -well personally I wish she’d use her platform to promote other brands rather than horrible fast fashion brands but maybe that’s just me?

Good grief, the content she has relased in the past 12 months is shockingly bad.
I think she was vaguely interesting when she did the Japan things (I think thats how she built most of her follower base) but she has steered away from her USP quite a bit. Then came a cycle of never ending hauls of useless crap, fast fashion and Wish stuff she is never going to wear (and when she got called out on the fast fashion bit, she became quite snippy), then she got into what looks like a bit of a lockdown rut with very weird random videos. And as a bonus she completely f*cked up her hair (I skipped her hair colouring vidoes, someone enlighten me what was going on there).
Now she is crowdfunding to start some wildlife sanctuary?

Reactions: 7
Wow. I really used to enjoy her thriftmas but that was probably the most boring video I've ever seen on YouTube in over 12 years.
She's moving to Tasmania now? If that decision is reflected in the most pointless, boring, bland vlog I've ever seen that she just uploaded, she's making her biggest mistake ever

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Been dipping in and out of Alex’s content for a while, and not to get all armchair psychologist about it but is anyone else concerned? After her talking about her health issues on the side channel (specifically her meds giving her serotonin syndrome, and a few other things), I can’t help but think she needs to get a second opinion. I’ve personal experience with bipolar disorder and this current car crash screams manic episode to me.

Reactions: 2
Been dipping in and out of Alex’s content for a while, and not to get all armchair psychologist about it but is anyone else concerned? After her talking about her health issues on the side channel (specifically her meds giving her serotonin syndrome, and a few other things), I can’t help but think she needs to get a second opinion. I’ve personal experience with bipolar disorder and this current car crash screams manic episode to me.

She's been frustrating to watch for awhile, I have mental health issues, have done for over 20 years and it can make you a bit selfish but Jesus I can't help but feel sorry for her husband and her many (outrageous numbers) of animals.

Don't think I can watch her anymore, maybe she needs help but she just rubs me up the wrong way, her new video is completely manic!

Yep. Although I've gone off her a while ago, I checked her latest video after @Coffeeismysoul 's raving review. They certainly didn't oversell it. She looks like someone's weird aunt who has just left her family and joined a local cult.
I always side-eye when someone talks about the meds they are or have stopped taking on YT ... a statement like this needs to make it clear a medical professional was involved in that decision and there is therapeutic value to that strategy. I've never checked her side-channel and felt I was missing several chunks of her mental health story.
For me it is hard to tell with Influencers what might be med-related personality changes and what is just their adopted facade crumbling and their real selves coming through.

• Haha
100% she is happier because of the break in daily responsibility and not because this new place gives her better vibes. I wonder how she will get on with her 25 pigeons now (pigeons are awful for your lungs btw, ever heard of pigeon fanciers lung?).

Suddenly giving up your old life for a new one this quickly is not sane or rational behaviour, doesn't matter what anyone says, doesn't matter how much she tries to delude herself into thinking she is perfectly fine.

I heard that both Sam and Michelle have unfollowed Alex on insta.
She's also now changed her go-fund me description from "setting up a bird sanctuary" to "fund me to rescue birds personally"
She says she is a "new person" from the "body-hating" woman she was who "got plastic surgery"... even though she only got her boobs done just a couple of months ago.

She'll be divorced by June 2023.

• Wow
Reactions: 8