Prescription Medicines

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ahh amazing! So you’re having your loading doses atm? It really is a wonder drug for so many. I’m on it 8 weekly and have even stayed on it throughout the whole of my current pregnancy. Once you’re on it regularly the infusions are only 20-30 mins long.
I had an emergency dose in the hospital and then another dose as an outpatient, they mentioned how i could possibly have the home injections of it which would be great. So far so good though down to 3 pred tablets and iv not had signs of a flare which i normally do when i get down to about 4 or 5

Reactions: 1
On the Celeb thread someone posted under a spoiler a cream for pain relief. I have looked through three threads and cannot find it. Is the person who posted it on here ?
Did you find the post? I’ll put it up again just in case.
Ketaprofen 10% Lignocaine 5% Magnesium 10% which is made up by a compound chemist. It has to be prescribed by a GP.

I had an emergency dose in the hospital and then another dose as an outpatient, they mentioned how i could possibly have the home injections of it which would be great. So far so good though down to 3 pred tablets and iv not had signs of a flare which i normally do when i get down to about 4 or 5
This is exactly how I got onto infliximab. was admitted to hospital with the mother of all flares and they started me on it on day 6 and then I left and had my next doses the few weeks after that in the o/p clinic. So glad you’re seeing improvement, pred isn’t an easy med to be on that’s for sure! I had iv pred whilst in hospital and then sent home with tapering dose from 8 tablets down. They made me feel loopy as duck

This is exactly how I got onto infliximab. was admitted to hospital with the mother of all flares and they started me on it on day 6 and then I left and had my next doses the few weeks after that in the o/p clinic. So glad you’re seeing improvement, pred isn’t an easy med to be on that’s for sure! I had iv pred whilst in hospital and then sent home with tapering dose from 8 tablets down. They made me feel loopy as duck
Pred is so so tough! They had me on iv hydrocortisone 2x a day for 6 days then 8 pred to taper down. My moods with them are crazy so up and down, and the moon face is something else!

Pred is so so tough! They had me on iv hydrocortisone 2x a day for 6 days then 8 pred to taper down. My moods with them are crazy so up and down, and the moon face is something else!
Ughh so horrid! Had the worst fights ever with my husband whilst on pred they turned me into a psycho witch.

I had to take a high dose of steroids for inflammation of my spinal cord and I seriously wanted to kill everyone. I was working in retail at the time but I managed to control myself and keep my job.

I had to take a high dose of steroids for inflammation of my spinal cord and I seriously wanted to kill everyone. I was working in retail at the time but I managed to control myself and keep my job.
omg! You deserve a medal tbh. They def should come with more monitoring in my opinion. As they just make you feel and act like a totally different person.

I work in retail aswell, well i do half my shifts on shop floor and the other half in the dog grooming salon and being patient is certainly very very difficult. I cant even cut the dogs nails because they make my hands shake something terrible
---
Ughh so horrid! Had the worst fights ever with my husband whilst on pred they turned me into a psycho witch.
Me and my partner have had savage fights, i just flip out when im on them

I was initially on 60 mg / day prednisolone for my autoimmune illness ....omg I couldn't sleep despite taking it in the morning- my mind was racing ....ended up doing my Christmas shopping online in middle of the night as well as planning reorganising kitchen cupboards!

• Haha
I've been on pain 20 years same dosage been wanting too come off the option they give is methadone which shocked me so am reducing myself even tho am in chronic pain am sick of the dependency they don't work well anymore and I've never abused them.
Did you see my post up ^ re buprenorphine patches? They can be a real gamechanger.
---
My dad had terminal COPD and had great trouble sleeping, and he ended up badly addicted to Zopiclone. He would down it with a massive quantity of whiskey too. It was soooo hard for me to deal with. I cursed the GP for ever prescribing it to him in his condition. He would call them constantly to beg them for more 😕
I'm so sorry this happened to you.
He should have had something much better and long-term as anything even approaching eol care than a z drug, they lose efficacy very fast and the rebound insomnia is nightmarish.
They're really cracking down on them now, very much highlighting the occasional use instructions.

Last edited:
People taking naproxen regularly and longterm, are you getting your kidneys checked? It's not just your stomach that's affected by NSAIDs, and unfortunately there are few to no symptoms of your kidneys starting to struggle until you have CKD.

People struggling with uncontrolled pain, consider asking for buprenorphine transdermal patches if you're able to use them, it's still an opiate but you change the patch once a week so there's no ups and downs, and you don't develop such a tolerance so no need to overdo the pills.

---
^that post mostly for @shellie @Blurp & @Lizz17uk 💕
Looking into this thanks for the information I've reduced on dihydrocodeine and been given diazepam and zopiclone now which I didn't want

Looking into this thanks for the information I've reduced on dihydrocodeine and been given diazepam and zopiclone now which I didn't want
Let me know how you get on, and if I can help in any way. Those are all things you really don't want to be using regularly.

I take methotrexate for RA . It does control it to some extent. The downside is I get chest infections on it particularly during winter . After stopping it for a couple of weeks due to an infection I’ve just had a horrendous flare up which has badly affected my right shoulder . I’ve had a streroid jab today (Kenalog) which I’m praying will help . R A is a nasty disease that lulls you into think it’s gone into remission but then comes back with a vengeance . Feel very down today

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7