Pregnancy/Birth horror stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine isn't so much a horror story but I was 4 days away from my due date it was about 8pm and my boyfriend had finished work. He wanted me to go to his parents as it was his mums birthday which was about 45 minutes away.
I didnt realise at the time how emotionally abused I was and never used to stick up for myself.
Luckily my parents said something to him as I went in to labour (He said to my parents he was going to take me to hospital)
I then went to hospital and everything happened so fast and my son was born within half hour with no pain relief.
I don't remember much about the labour or much of his first year of life.
As my then boyfriend made me live between 2 houses with a baby.
When my son was 5 days old I was expected to go and stay with his parents (Anyone knows how emotional you can feel after having a baby) I ended up severely anaemic due to the control. He used to say to me its not fair your parents see him more.
Nearly 3 years later and being in a situation where the emotional abuse and control then to physical I left him.
The sad thing for me is not having those happy memories of my little boys first few years of life. ( and that might of been my only chance).
Hope you're ok now and well and truly rid of him.

Reactions: 1
I tore into my bum and they didn’t diagnose it for 3 years. I had horrific problems but I was fobbed off. It took 8 years and a solicitor for them to actually help me.. two surgeries later and they fall over me to apologise. Too late.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I know this may seem a bit off topic... but it’s related to birth so whatever. Does anyone not enjoy sex since giving birth? It’s been 11 months since I had my baby and it just feels so uncomfortable. I never had any problems healing, I only had a second degree tear which healed well. I don’t even have much of a libido anymore 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Mine was having to be cut from front to back coz i couldn’t get her out and she was getting distressed and no time for c section, baby came out blue, honestly thought i’d lost her, the worse feeling in the world 💔 now she’s 21 and 8 months pregnant with her own baby ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I know this may seem a bit off topic... but it’s related to birth so whatever. Does anyone not enjoy sex since giving birth? It’s been 11 months since I had my baby and it just feels so uncomfortable. I never had any problems healing, I only had a second degree tear which healed well. I don’t even have much of a libido anymore 🤷🏼‍♀️
Can you identify a particular problem? If it’s physically uncomfortable may be worth double checking with a gynaecologist that you’re okay down there (obviously subject to the COVID situation). If you don’t already use lube that might help you feel more comfortable. Maybe you need more foreplay? Also, if you don’t already do them, pelvic floor exercises will help

Lack of libido is harder to solve though part of it might be related to sex being uncomfortable. I expect you’re busier and more stressed since having the baby so that could be effecting things. Is anything else going on in your personal life? Maybe you’ve grown apart from your partner? Or maybe you’re bored and need to spice things up? Identifying whatever factors are affecting you is important so you can start to move forward

My first pregnancy, midwife doing checks every visit and said baby's head was down, everything ok. I was high risk so had some checks in hospital, different midwife checked me, then did an ultrasound (had 9 in total) got told baby was breech and next thing the obstetrician came in without a word, grabbed hold of baby turned it round and walked back out again, I was screaming in pain. I wish I'd known at the time that was assault, a midwife was stood nearby and just kept saying sorry. If I was given a choice I would've asked for a section, I had so many complications giving birth and also had group b strep but didn't find out until much later when I spotted it in my records, thank god my baby was ok. The obstetrician was a horrible man who mistreated many women.
Group b strep testing should be mandatory on nhs but it is shocking that it isn't.
The same midwife was my labour midwife and she was awful, I was induced and she spent most of the time out of the room, I was pushing for 3.5 hours and had physio and ultrasound therapy afterwards for the injuries. Next one was like shelling peas!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Apparently right after my second was born I kept telling them to ‘put him back’.

He’s ten now and his new found attitude is making me wish that they did 🙄

Kidding. Slightly.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
One of our “friends” announced my eldest’s birth on Facebook before anyone else had chance. She was still in nicu. I didn’t think much of it at the time (was really too worried about everything else) but when I look back on it, it makes me fume. Really sympathise with everyone else it’s happened to 😩

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Yes I’m the same 11 months too. I’ve wanted like twice since baby was born 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

Not really a horror story physically but definitely mentally! I’d just given birth (it was a normal and pretty straight forward delivery ) but I’d not even been stitched up back together or cleaned up and my husband bought his 6 yo daughter in and my parents as they were waiting in the hospital cafe whilst I was feeding my son for the first time. I didn’t have it in me to argue, I was coming down from the labour hormones and perthadin. The midwives kept asking if I was ok with it but I was so exhausted. Looking back I should have punched him in the face. It was grossly inappropriate

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Baby 1 - 48hrs of labour, failed epidural, baby had done a poo, emergency c-section, baby was stuck, haemorrhaged on operating table and needed a blood transfusion, baby had jaundice. Really traumatised me and swore I could never do it again.

Baby 2- 24hrs of labour, failed epidural, baby had done a poo, contractions stopped, emergency c-section, baby had jaundice.

Baby 3 - elective c/section, amazing experience, easiest surgery and recovery I’ve had.

💩 inside too, have birth very quickly at home with ambulance when told to wait by hospital as it was my first baby. Midwife then arrived but everyone missed the meconium, he had inhaled a lot and turned blue. NICU for ten days and didn't get to hold him again til day 5. He's 2 and half now and fine , pregnant with #2 and getting anxious about birth again.

With my son, I had a back to back delivery that caused sacral dysplasia as he decided to turn whilst on his way out, I said to the mw after my back really hurts and her response was you just gave birth ofcourse your sore, she wasn't impressed when I answered with he didn't come out my arse though did he! 🤣 My husband said I was off my face in gas and air and kept stopping pushing to look at the snow 🤣

My daughter I was induced as was 42 weeks, went in at 9am, pottered around the hospital all day. Went to Costa at 4pm, ordered a malteaser truffle cake and suddenly felt pressure, ate my cake and shuffled back to the ward, got checked and taken round to delivery, contractions started but it was just one huge long one, they gave a injection to try and slow the labour, they had to put a trace in my daughter's head as we were both becoming distressed, they called a Dr in who called me the wrong name, I shouted at her and as I shouted my daughter shot out! I didn't even feel like I was pushing my body just took over!

I would do pregnancy and labour over and over, I loved it and am always slightly jealous of others having more babies!

• Wow
Can you identify a particular problem? If it’s physically uncomfortable may be worth double checking with a gynaecologist that you’re okay down there (obviously subject to the COVID situation). If you don’t already use lube that might help you feel more comfortable. Maybe you need more foreplay? Also, if you don’t already do them, pelvic floor exercises will help

Lack of libido is harder to solve though part of it might be related to sex being uncomfortable. I expect you’re busier and more stressed since having the baby so that could be effecting things. Is anything else going on in your personal life? Maybe you’ve grown apart from your partner? Or maybe you’re bored and need to spice things up? Identifying whatever factors are affecting you is important so you can start to move forward
It’s just extremely uncomfortable. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous but I also feel embarrassed about it too 😂 My partner has told me to go to the doctors but I was checked over twice post pregnancy and both my midwife and GP said everything has healed well and back then I hadn’t even attempted sex, we waited about 2 months after baby was born and that’s when I first realised something didn’t feel right 🤷🏼‍♀️

It’s just extremely uncomfortable. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous but I also feel embarrassed about it too 😂 My partner has told me to go to the doctors but I was checked over twice post pregnancy and both my midwife and GP said everything has healed well and back then I hadn’t even attempted sex, we waited about 2 months after baby was born and that’s when I first realised something didn’t feel right 🤷🏼‍♀️
In that case I do think you should go back to your GP as this is not normal. Sex after having a baby shouldn’t be so uncomfortable, I’m sure they will be able to help you get to the bottom of the issue

Had a dream pregnancy, loved it, quick birth then two days later was taken back into hospital with sepsis. Had a hysterectomy 3 days afyer giving birth and spent the next 12 days in a coma on life support. Woke up with a trachy in and hooked up to a ventilator and not being able to move a inch due to muscle wastage. Didn't get to see my son for 6 weeks as he wasn't allowed into intensive care. Had to learn to walk again, and spent months having to build my strength up again. My feet were black due to the sepsis and medication I was on and luckily only lost the tips of 5 toes. I say luckily as it was looking like i would lose my feet. My sister came and massaged my legs everyday to get the blood flowing and I believe she saved my feet. Probably took me about 3 years to bond with my son. Still feel angry about missing out on the early days of my son, but he is 7 now and we are very close. Sad that he won't have a sibling tho. Feeling it more during lockdown and him not being able to see his friends. Feel like he is quite lonely at times.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
My baby did a poo inside me 💩
So did mine. He was left too long before they decided to go ahead with an emergency c-section and he had to be resuscitated at birth. Luckily I was put under and not aware at the time.

• Heart