Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The staff seem much better this morning. Baby R’s HR is more settled but his movements still aren’t right. The MW I’ve seen already agreed that the adhd comments from yesterday were ridiculous and she can’t understand why they’d make me wait til weds like this either. Shes gone to hunt down a doctor to ask questions and get a plan for us.

I’ve had the MW I’ve got this morning before when I came in with a massive bleed and she was brilliant then and really listened and supported me and Mr R so I have faith that she’s listening again today 😊
Fingers crossed things head in the right direction for you today! I'm glad you seem to have a nice midwife today - hopefully she'll be able to fight your corner for you. Keep us updated, can't wait to hear that he's finally here!! xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Fingers crossed things start looking up @raspberryjuice 🤞🏻 Have you bought your Mum in yet? She’ll kick some ass for you

———

I’m feeling well weird today. Have done since last night. I’ve been having some dull aches down below and in my bum (sorry tmi 🤣) and loads of pressure. I was walking back from dropping my 4 yo off at nursery and I felt like I was going to give birth there and then 🫣 I’m 36+1 so maybe things are just getting ready.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Haven’t taken Mum in yet but that will be my option later. I’m raging. The MW today was fully on our side and I could hear her advocating for us on the phone but the consultant wouldn’t even come and see me just said to go back if I’m concerned later. Wouldn’t book in the scan they’re saying I need because it’s a BH weekend so it will probably be Tuesday. Wouldn’t book in regular monitoring because it’s a BH weekend even though yesterday’s consultant said that’s what I need. MW has encouraged me to go back in a few hours even if I’m happier with his movements because she thinks that’s what will get them listening. I felt bad for her, I could hear her arguing for us on the phone but she came up against a brick wall too. It’s infuriating.

Ooooh @watermelon sugar maybe today will be the day 😱

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Haven’t taken Mum in yet but that will be my option later. I’m raging. The MW today was fully on our side and I could hear her advocating for us on the phone but the consultant wouldn’t even come and see me just said to go back if I’m concerned later. Wouldn’t book in the scan they’re saying I need because it’s a BH weekend so it will probably be Tuesday. Wouldn’t book in regular monitoring because it’s a BH weekend even though yesterday’s consultant said that’s what I need. MW has encouraged me to go back in a few hours even if I’m happier with his movements because she thinks that’s what will get them listening. I felt bad for her, I could hear her arguing for us on the phone but she came up against a brick wall too. It’s infuriating.

That’s ridiculous, so what if it’s a bank holiday weekend? I’m booked in for a scan tomorrow so it’s not as if they can’t scan you? I’d leave, go get a coffee at the cafe and go back and say I’m not happy and I’m not leaving. It’s ridiculous how you’re being treated!? I’m so angry for you!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

That is unbelievable. Is there a different hospital you could transfer your care too? I know a girl who did similar when the hospital kept dismissing her when she went in with reduced movements, and the other hospital ended up listening to her and checking he properly

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I just don’t get what the consultant thinks is going to change? This is day 9 of changed/reduced movements. I’ve been in 4 times and spent hours on the CTG which backs up what I’m saying. What miracle does the consultant think is going to happen in the next few hours? Baby isn’t going to go “ah tit, it’s a BH weekend, better start behaving until the antenatal clinic have had their long weekend” 🙄 I’ll be going back in a few hours when he’s still not moving to his normal pattern.
---
That is unbelievable. Is there a different hospital you could transfer your care too? I know a girl who did similar when the hospital kept dismissing her when she went in with reduced movements, and the other hospital ended up listening to her and checking he properly
My next nearest hospital is over an hour away and a completely different trust so I’m not sure if they’d even see me or be able to access my history etc 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
I just don’t get what the consultant thinks is going to change? This is day 9 of changed/reduced movements. I’ve been in 4 times and spent hours on the CTG which backs up what I’m saying. What miracle does the consultant think is going to happen in the next few hours? Baby isn’t going to go “ah tit, it’s a BH weekend, better start behaving until the antenatal clinic have had their long weekend” 🙄 I’ll be going back in a few hours when he’s still not moving to his normal pattern.
---

My next nearest hospital is over an hour away and a completely different trust so I’m not sure if they’d even see me or be able to access my history etc 😔
I'm honestly livid for you. I would suggest putting in a complaint about the hospital and absence of care you've received. I know I said it earlier but I so wish I could come and give you the biggest cuddle and kick some consultant butts, they are disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm so angry for you @raspberryjuice ! I can't believe how dismissive they're being, so what if it's a bank holiday! Stand your ground and make sure you go back. Hopefully that midwife won't back down either. x

• Heart
Reactions: 3

The bank Holiday thing is such bullshit! Sure it may take longer to get things done but people are there! My first was born on a bank holiday as an emergency section due to reduced movements and I got scanned and monitored all in one day at 37 weeks.
Your hospital sounds like theyve really just let you down and I'm so sorry for that ❤

• Heart

I’m honestly appalled by how you’re being treated. I’m so sorry. I really hope someone will listen at some point today. It’s so exhausting to have to fight and stand your ground when all you really want is for your baby boy to be here.

Will be thinking of you today! Keep complaining and don’t be fobbed off by them.

• Heart
I really don’t see why they can’t just get you booked in for Monday at least. Surely bank holidays don’t count for medical staff and they must have to account for so many emergencies happening!! I don’t think it’s right the amount of times you’ve been in and just keep getting sent away when they know baby isn’t 100% happy. It’s so hard especially with a first baby, you trust in these people to make the right choices.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I went in Sunday night with reduced movements and got my scan at 9.30am. What are they playing at?! They’re being obstructive now
The only thing I can think is that after 9 days they’re calling you’re movements a new pattern which isn’t how it works surely.

You could go to the other hospital. They should be able to ask for your info to be sent over and even if not, they’ll treat you as you present at the time.

• Heart
I’ve booked a private fetal wellbeing scan for tonight now just for some reassurance. It says they fully check baby and also placenta and cord etc so hopefully that rules out there being an issue.

And then the hospital called to offer me a scan next Thursday (AFTER my planned csection!!). When I kicked off they offered me this afternoon. So he’ll get checked twice today. I thought about cancelling the private scan but the hospital have been so tit that I want that second opinion of a private scan I think.

The only thing I can think is that after 9 days they’re calling your movements a new pattern which isn’t how it works surely.
I thought this, and I probably would accept this as an explanation if it wasn’t also for his HR being so high and scatty or that the movements seem to be reducing every day now 😩

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I’ve booked a private fetal wellbeing scan for tonight now just for some reassurance. It says they fully check baby and also placenta and cord etc so hopefully that rules out there being an issue.

And then the hospital called to offer me a scan next Thursday (AFTER my planned csection!!). When I kicked off they offered me this afternoon. So he’ll get checked twice today. I thought about cancelling the private scan but the hospital have been so tit that I want that second opinion of a private scan I think.

I thought this, and I probably would accept this as an explanation if it wasn’t also for his HR being so high and scatty or that the movements seem to be reducing every day now 😩
Good luck for your scan 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Omg I have no words! A scan after your section, book that in!! 🙄

That’s good to get the private scan booked in too, hopefully that gives you an extra peace of mind and a difference of opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Bloody hell they really are incompetent aren't they. Glad they finally booked you in for a scan this afternoon though, and I absolutely don't blame you for keeping your private one for this evening too. Let us know how you get on xx

• Heart
I know 🤣 I said I’ll have had my baby by then and the girl on the phone said “we have your due date as 15/5??” Ok yes but my baby will be a week old on my due date 🤨 surely they can see this info and it should be in the referral??

Im half tempted to take myself off in to the woods and give birth alone with nature. I think I’d get along better than I will in my hospital!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I hate to say it but this only re-affirms my negative view on the NHS. I’m so aware they do wonderful things and save countless lives, but they also cost SO many and make situations hundreds times worse than they need to be. All this constant passing around, not taking accountability and making up random idiotic answers makes me feel sick. So sorry you’re having to go through this. I’ve seen it first hand too many times in all areas of healthcare that it makes me mad. Also aware all this could be happening in private healthcare too, but they’re a lot more inclined to listen and take action.

I’m glad you’re advocating for yourself, as some people don’t have enough courage to and take doctors words as fact… and to be honest most of the time it’s far from. I’d consider myself to be a really strong character and even I let myself be dismissed by a doctor back end of Nov and that basically led to me having a MC at home without a clue what was happening to me, when really the doctor already knew it was. I was a textbook case when he saw me upon reflection. Now I’d be like you.

• Heart
  • Sad
I can’t stop laughing at myself everytime I get in the lift at work or catch my side profile. This big bowling ball I’ve got under my tshirt where did that come from? 😂😂 I can’t believe I’m almost 6months pregnant. I’m doing girl/pregnancy math - I need to plan ahead in work so in my head it’s already the middle of May, only June and July to go and August just doesn’t exist 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can’t stop laughing at myself everytime I get in the lift at work or catch my side profile. This big bowling ball I’ve got under my tshirt where did that come from? 😂😂 I can’t believe I’m almost 6months pregnant. I’m doing girl/pregnancy math - I need to plan ahead in work so in my head it’s already the middle of May, only June and July to go and August just doesn’t exist 😂
I'm glad it's not just me who catches their reflection and thinks "bloody hell is that really me?!". I tried on a midi dress last night and laughed at myself in the mirror 😂

I keep counting down the weeks on my work calendar and crossing the days off until I leave. It feels good to do that and then I suddenly think "oh tit I've not got long and we've got so much to do!"

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.