Pregnancy #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About hats on babies, I never knew. The whole time we were in hospital, with my first, we were told to have him in a hat so when we were at home we put a hat on him. The midwife came to check on us after our first night at home and was really nice about it and just said they donā€™t need a hat on anymore. I donā€™t have a clue why or whatā€™s different but youā€™re definitely not the first person to not know that your baby doesnā€™t need a hat. Screw whoever made you feel bad about it - no one can know everything

Reactions: 8
Hello! Bookmarking new thread.

We are moving house this weekend and tbf there are lots of things Iā€™d rather be doing than hauling boxes up and down this very un-baby friendly four storey house with very steep and narrow stairs inside and out! šŸ˜­ we are renting whilst we look for somewhere to buy and itā€™s just occurred to me that we are totally screwed if the baby comes early and weā€™re still here!

Reactions: 3
I remember getting a telling off in the hospital with my first because I put a hat on him, I was confused as they put and left a hat on him after he was born so I just thought it was right, now I do know your not suppose to and havenā€™t since but it is all very confusing and you canā€™t expect to know everything! Iā€™ve been a mum for 10 years and I definitely donā€™t know everything!

Iā€™ve been a mum for 10 years and I definitely donā€™t know everything!
First time mums take note! I havenā€™t as much experience as @Givemethetea yet, but getting on to my 4th kid and I feel like I donā€™t know anything most days!! So if any FTM feel like they are clueless, we all feel the same!!!
Hello! Bookmarking new thread.

We are moving house this weekend and tbf there are lots of things Iā€™d rather be doing than hauling boxes up and down this very un-baby friendly four storey house with very steep and narrow stairs inside and out! šŸ˜­ we are renting whilst we look for somewhere to buy and itā€™s just occurred to me that we are totally screwed if the baby comes early and weā€™re still here!
Good luck with the move x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
About hats on babies, I never knew. The whole time we were in hospital, with my first, we were told to have him in a hat so when we were at home we put a hat on him. The midwife came to check on us after our first night at home and was really nice about it and just said they donā€™t need a hat on anymore. I donā€™t have a clue why or whatā€™s different but youā€™re definitely not the first person to not know that your baby doesnā€™t need a hat. Screw whoever made you feel bad about it - no one can know everything
Thank you for your reply, itā€™s making me feel so much better the support from everyone on here.
tbh Iā€™m taking it as a positive as I was not aware and now I know.

Thanks everyone whoā€™s commented on my earlier post in the last thread.
I feel better now, and thankful that I now know the reason why they shouldnā€™t wear them.
30 +2 today, baby boy has been moving around so much and gets very comfy under my ribs! šŸ„“
I had a weekly monitoring appointment today and on my way home I ended up being violently sick on the side of the road!! It brought me back to the first 4 months of hell I went through in this pregnancy. I havenā€™t had anymore today, but heck it took me by surprise! Anyone else sickness come back in the 3rd trimester?
hope everyone is doing ok and babies in tummies are all happy and healthy xx

• Heart
Thank you for your reply, itā€™s making me feel so much better the support from everyone on here.
tbh Iā€™m taking it as a positive as I was not aware and now I know.

Thanks everyone whoā€™s commented on my earlier post in the last thread.
I feel better now, and thankful that I now know the reason why they shouldnā€™t wear them.
30 +2 today, baby boy has been moving around so much and gets very comfy under my ribs! šŸ„“
I had a weekly monitoring appointment today and on my way home I ended up being violently sick on the side of the road!! It brought me back to the first 4 months of hell I went through in this pregnancy. I havenā€™t had anymore today, but heck it took me by surprise! Anyone else sickness come back in the 3rd trimester?
hope everyone is doing ok and babies in tummies are all happy and healthy xx
Your date is very close to mine. I'm 30+4 today šŸ˜Š
I've been feeling really nauseous the past week or so!
I never had sickness at the beginning though

Reactions: 1
Your date is very close to mine. I'm 30+4 today šŸ˜Š
I've been feeling really nauseous the past week or so!
I never had sickness at the beginning though
Ooooooo exciting!! Is it your first?
There is not a worse feeling, nausea šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢ mine was so bad I couldnā€™t work for a few weeks.
hope youā€™re able to rest up as much as possible

There is not a worse feeling, nausea šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢ mine was so bad I couldnā€™t work for a few weeks.
It's my 3rd, and last haha šŸ˜Š
It hasn't been bad but compared to not having any at all. I've not actually been sick but it's more when I'm hungry, I feel sick, so don't want to eat.. But need to eat because it makes me feel better šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2
It's my 3rd, and last haha šŸ˜Š
It hasn't been bad but compared to not having any at all. I've not actually been sick but it's more when I'm hungry, I feel sick, so don't want to eat.. But need to eat because it makes me feel better šŸ˜‚
Itā€™s like a vicious circle. Awful, I feel for you I really do.
hopefully it passes soon !

Just catching up on the last thread - I told my manager this week. Iā€™m only 5 weeks so its so so early and in normal circumstances Iā€™d have waited longer, but the main reason I told him is because my role is at threat of redundancy. We get an official announcement about whatā€™s happenening next month, and so Iā€™m really hoping that me being pregnant may mean theyā€™ll try and move me to a different role, rather than making me redundant. So I told him just so itā€™s ā€œofficialā€, as I didnā€™t want to drop it on him after the announcement! Itā€™s really worrying me tbh but Iā€™m trying not to think about it too much as thereā€™s nothing I can do until we find out whatā€™s happening!

• Sad
Just catching up on the last thread - I told my manager this week. Iā€™m only 5 weeks so its so so early and in normal circumstances Iā€™d have waited longer, but the main reason I told him is because my role is at threat of redundancy. We get an official announcement about whatā€™s happenening next month, and so Iā€™m really hoping that me being pregnant may mean theyā€™ll try and move me to a different role, rather than making me redundant. So I told him just so itā€™s ā€œofficialā€, as I didnā€™t want to drop it on him after the announcement! Itā€™s really worrying me tbh but Iā€™m trying not to think about it too much as thereā€™s nothing I can do until we find out whatā€™s happening!
Oh no, how worrying for you.
best thing is try not to worry too much at the moment, easy for me to say I know, but hopefully you have given him food for thought and will accommodate your situation. I would of done the exact same thing!

With my son I was fine all the way through then 34 weeks it started! I had hyperemesis Gravidarum with my second and I feel sympathy for anyone whoā€™s sick AT ALL in pregnancy as it can be absolute hell šŸ¤Æ

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve had two children and I only just learned about the no hats thing today from the last thread. I didnā€™t put hats on them in the house anyway, but I was never told otherwise by anyone either. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Iā€™m 5 weeks too! X

• Heart
With my son I was fine all the way through then 34 weeks it started! I had hyperemesis Gravidarum with my second and I feel sympathy for anyone whoā€™s sick AT ALL in pregnancy as it can be absolute hell šŸ¤Æ
Oh no, at least it was towards the end but still horrendous regardless.
Iā€™ve read about HG, that does not sound fun! Itā€™s not talked about enough in my opinion! I know some women have PTSD from it which is horrendous

Random question - what perfume are you guys using atm? Am now 12 weeks, still really sickly and all of my usual perfumes make me feel worse - they smell very chemically šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢
Any recommendations welcomed!! Xxx

Random question - what perfume are you guys using atm? Am now 12 weeks, still really sickly and all of my usual perfumes make me feel worse - they smell very chemically šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢
Any recommendations welcomed!! Xxx
I am into Marc jacobs decadence miss dior rose and roses and the new Marc jacobs perfect however I do like very strong perfumes x @Hairraiser some people argue on threads and just like to be mean some woman shouted at me on the coronavirus thread so I just blocked her and left the toxic group and I wonā€™t be going back x I also keep crying today for no reason at all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.