Pregnancy #10 We still love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No way! It just doesn’t feel safe!!?!
They contradict each other so much aswel, one said I need my injections for a certain amount of time the other said I needed it for longer 🙈 you have to keep going over your history aswel and explaining everything that happened last time even though everything is in your notes, only 7 weeks left though thank god!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
How's everyone doing?
I'm actually feeling pretty good. Belly is starting to pop out, nausea is under control, still tired AF though 😅 But I do feel her kick every now and then and that's so weird, but lovely ❤

A co-worker came by at work with her little daughter (1 month old now). Reeeallly cute baby. And then my co-worker started talking about the delivery (she was about 3 weeks too soon), and it was preeeettty bad. She nearly died 😳 But she's feeling great now, so yay. But damn, makes me a bit anxious about giving birth...

How's everyone doing?
I'm actually feeling pretty good. Belly is starting to pop out, nausea is under control, still tired AF though 😅 But I do feel her kick every now and then and that's so weird, but lovely ❤

A co-worker came by at work with her little daughter (1 month old now). Reeeallly cute baby. And then my co-worker started talking about the delivery (she was about 3 weeks too soon), and it was preeeettty bad. She nearly died 😳 But she's feeling great now, so yay. But damn, makes me a bit anxious about giving birth...
Everyone has a different birth but the amount of people who have told me really bad things I just ignore now so don’t listen to her causes unnecessary anxiety we won’t know until we all go in labour one woman is completely different to the next x I feel good other than my spd which is horrendous ☹ My belly is quite big now all at the front. How are you? X

Reactions: 5
Has anyone had an early gender scan? I’m desperate to find out - was thinking of getting an private scan in two weeks as a surprise for Father’s Day. Il be 16+ then. Do you think that would be ok?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm consultant led and I've seen a different consultant every time I go 🙈🙈 aswel as the usual midwife appointments it's very annoying!!!
this happened to me and I filed a complaint with PALS as every consultant gave me a different answer. One even put me on wrong medication. It’s not acceptable, they know this!

• Wow
Has anyone had an early gender scan? I’m desperate to find out - was thinking of getting an private scan in two weeks as a surprise for Father’s Day. Il be 16+ then. Do you think that would be ok?
I had a gender scan at 16 weeks! The private place I went to said you have to be 16 weeks at least for their scan and I did it 16 weeks on the dot.
You should be okay x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Everyone has a different birth but the amount of people who have told me really bad things I just ignore now so don’t listen to her causes unnecessary anxiety we won’t know until we all go in labour one woman is completely different to the next x I feel good other than my spd which is horrendous ☹ My belly is quite big now all at the front. How are you? X
Yeah, I try not to worry about it, one day at a time, but still. Not what you want to hear 🙃

Ugh, sucks so hard that there's not a lot to do about it... Hope it'll get better! ❤

My belly is mainly guts being pushed up by Shrimpy and it's still not that big. My pants are just now getting a bit too snug. Have some pregnancy pants and t-shirts now though, and they're quite comfy.

I got to know the gender when they did the genetic testing around 13 weeks. I had a check up around 17 weeks and my gynaegologist said she could see the gender then too (or at least the absence of a little wiener 😁)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We’ve booked ours for Father’s Day too!!! I’ll be 16+6 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yep! Nub theory at 8 weeks, asked at 12 weeks, private scan at 16 weeks and asked again at 20 weeks 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi everyone, hope everyone’s well.

Just after a few opinions.

I’m 13 weeks now, just had an ultrasound and an NIPT test and all is well. My mother is keen for me to tell my (quite large) family. She’s the only one who knows so far which I appreciate must be hard for her.

I’m ok with picking up the phone to a few that I feel close to, (most live far away) but I’m slightly phone phobic and the thought of ringing some others that I’m not so keen on doesn’t exactly fill me with joy.

My mother feels that if I tell some I have to tell all to avoid upset, and I agree. But I’d much rather e-mail! Is that cold/offensive? Has anyone else told family by email or is that generally not the done thing?

I’m 13 weeks now, just had an ultrasound and an NIPT test and all is well. My mother is keen for me to tell my (quite large) family. I’m ok with picking up the phone to a few that I feel close to, (most live far away) but I’m slightly phone phobic and the thought of ringing some others that I’m not so keen on doesn’t exactly fill me with joy.

My mother feels that if I tell some I have to tell all to avoid upset, and I agree. But I’d much rather e-mail! Is that cold/offensive? Has anyone else told family by email or is that generally not the done thing?
Mine asked me to ring my
Auntie but I never ever call them.
I just sent texts to the ones closest to. It’s your news you deliver it how you want to 🙂

Reactions: 3

I’m 13 weeks now, just had an ultrasound and an NIPT test and all is well. My mother is keen for me to tell my (quite large) family. She’s the only one who knows so far which I appreciate must be hard for her.

I’m ok with picking up the phone to a few that I feel close to, (most live far away) but I’m slightly phone phobic and the thought of ringing some others that I’m not so keen on doesn’t exactly fill me with joy.

I’m phone phobic too and got my grandma (she’s a huge chatterbox) to tell most of our extended family. We told other closed family members in person or FaceTime then the rest we sent out a WhatsApp with a little announcement photo we made. It’s your news and totally up to you how you tell everyone x

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

My mum always tell the extended family (aunts and uncles), I’ve never announced it to them. I am close to some but still wouldn’t ever pick up the phone just to say I’m pregnant (although I’m very awkward telling people!). If you’re happy to, maybe say to your mum she can tell people when she is speaking to them.

Definitely do what you feel most comfortable with.
We told our parents, brothers/sister over the phone and I also called my granny and one of my aunts. Other than that I told most of my close friends by WhatsApp or messenger. We told some other friends in person or by videocall.
All in all we only told a handful of people. We're not superclose with our extended family, so our mothers are spreading the news for us to them. I honestly don't want to bother calling or texting people I see once a year at most 🤷‍♀️

Just do what feels good for you.

I'm consultant led and I've seen a different consultant every time I go 🙈🙈 aswel as the usual midwife appointments it's very annoying!!!
Same, I'm consultant led too, I'm only 19 weeks and have so far seen/had phone appointment with 3 different consultants 🙄 all of which seem to tell me different things, and even one of them was a right horrible cow and told me my thyroid issue could have done harm to my baby but wouldn't go into any more detail! I put in a complaint because I'd not long managed to shake my anxiety a little and she sent it sky rocketing 😤

• Wow
The midwife said she’s putting me under consultant led too and I’m meeting with a consultant this week the same day as my 12 week scan. I’m not sure what to expect?

The midwife said she’s putting me under consultant led too and I’m meeting with a consultant this week the same day as my 12 week scan. I’m not sure what to expect?
Ummm mine was lovely, she went over what happened with me last year, clarified my meds and gave me some idea of what would happen after 28 weeks. Reassured me it was too early to discuss birthing options but highlighted me to another department and got an appointment sorted with a haematology consultant so they would know more about my blood for the next appointment.

Another night of tears
Pain from spd is getting too much
And the straw that broke the camels back was in the style telling me my dress for my baby shower won't be here until Monday when my shower is this Sunday and I have no back up options
Doesn't help I feel hideous in 99.9% of clothing items right now

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.