Positive pregnancy experiences after loss?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wanted to post this in the pregnancy thread but worried about upsetting or scaring people. I also thought about the miscarriage and baby loss thread but thought maybe people avoid it once they are in a new phase

After years of gynae issues etc, last year I got pregnant and I was so thrilled and grateful! I was devastated when I had a missed miscarriage this year and lost my baby at about 10 weeks.

I want to try again but not only am I terrified it will take me a while again, I am terrified I will have another miscarriage, particularly a missed miscarriage. I wondered if any of you have experienced loss, or losses and then gone on to have a good experience or better luck next time.
Thanks 🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi,

I’ve had multiple miscarriages over the last couple of years. Last year was probably the most traumatic I had one after the other, 3 months apart, literally exactly the same day of the month and the second was traumatic and I still feel upset to this day.

I’m currently pregnant again, I’m 20 weeks and 6 days, the furthest along I’ve been (I do have one living child who is nearly 4). I had a scare at 5 weeks, I bled at work, was absolutely inconsolable and convinced it was happening again. Couldn’t get in for a scan until a week later and the week was absolutely agonising, the waiting was awful. But the EPU were brilliant, really understanding. The law has changed so you get support from miscarriages now rather than the 3 in a row rule it was. I’m not 100% sure on just the one then bleeding in a pregnancy but after my 2 in a row they really looked after me, and prescribed me progesterone that I inserted by pessaries twice a day morning and evening, up until 16 weeks. And they offered me reassurance scans in between.

There are charities like Tommy’s, Sands etc that are brilliant with miscarriages and pregnancy after loss. My epu were also really caring and understanding with my worries over the slightest of pain early on. Like I said I’m nearly 21 weeks and the worry never goes away - you worry during pregnancy when you’ve had a loss or not, so it’s even greater when you’ve experienced the pain of losing a baby. Just rest assured there is support out there for you.

This book is great as well

Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I had a miscarriage early in my relationship with my husband. Neither of us were ready for children but we were both excited either way, and when we had the miscarriage we were devastated.

When I got pregnant again I was terrified. I actually fainted, my first thought was "its happening again". While the worry never truly goes away, we now have an incredibly happy and healthy 20 month and 8 month old.

Don't give up hope.

• Heart
Reactions: 2