Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Mercury is in retrograde' (or any other zodiac/crystals/spacey bollocks which is used to explain normal everyday misfortunes or as an excuse for poor behaviour)
Any derivative of 'manifestation' or 'manifesting' things regarding the way the 'universe provides' - which is actually just good old fashioned privilege
'The boy did good' - Emmeline Pankhurst rolls in her grave every time this is uttered

• Heart
Reactions: 13
”Haul” - no you went shopping
”confused.com” duck off it’s not a phrase it’s a website!
I hate haul, when ordering on beauty bay they actually send out order emails like that "your haul at beauty bay has been dispatched". My one item haul, cool, cheers.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
'Mercury is in retrograde' (or any other zodiac/crystals/spacey bollocks which is used to explain normal everyday misfortunes or as an excuse for poor behaviour)
Any derivative of 'manifestation' or 'manifesting' things regarding the way the 'universe provides' - which is actually just good old fashioned privilege
'The boy did good' - Emmeline Pankhurst rolls in her grave every time this is uttered
Someone at work mentioned yesterday about the whole 'Mercury is in retrograde' thing. I didn't even know what it was before then :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Two very specific but hugely annoying phrases. When people are annoyed/pissed off/shocked and they say stop the world I want to get off. Oh just bleeping go then 😂
And when people refer to doing make up as painting faces 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Doggo for dog
‘Sleeps’ as in 2 more sleeps for holidays/birthday etc
Stupid ‘inspirational’ quotes on Insta that bear no relevance to the pic ie something from Nelson Mandela/ Churchill/ other world leader alongside someone’s arse hanging out of a thong in Ibiza.
Another one I keep seeing on girls’ selfies ‘sunshine mixed with a little hurricane’
The usual illiterate rubbish that everyone hates like ‘should of’, ‘upmost’, ‘alot’, ‘definately’
Grown women saying besties, BFF, my girls, date night
‘Wanderlust’ especially as it is a mistranslation. Yes it sounds German but the actual German word is ‘fernweh’ meaning the opposite of homesickness. Same with no French people actually saying ‘ooh la la’ and no Spanish saying ‘hasta la vista’.
Americanisms like ‘Gross’ ‘to go’ ‘you guys’
Nom
Haul
Slay
‘rn’ for right now

• Heart
Reactions: 12
You do you
You got this
It's ok to not be ok (obviously I completely agree with the sentiment but the "saying" irritates me)

Reactions: 7
Music artists don't release albums or singles anymore. They 'drop' them. Always makes me think of the artists standing up and giving birth to a CD.
I was going to say this one! 'They're dropping a new album.' Well pick it up then! They're RELEASING a new album.

Reactions: 5
The word beard when used to describe a person being used to hide one’s sexuality.

Reactions: 4
Christmas eve EVE 🙄
Bespoke 😴

Also the majority of what's already been said! 🤣 🙉

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I done this
I seen this
I aren’t doing it - all of which make me feel sick. Talk properly!
Hozzi- hospital 🤮
Get me on that big bird - when someone’s going on holiday
Tescos, Aldis, Asdas- why the need for the S? I know someone that calls Morrison’s Morridogs 😳
Can I get
I’ve gotten...
Any incorrect spelling of definitely
Cheers
I’ve had worse Mondays
I used to work on a pharmacy and people couldn’t say ibuprofen - hated it when they said brufen or ibrufen 😂

there’s loads that people say at work, some stuff really infuriates me 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.