Poll: will you be going shopping next week when the high street reopens?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to Primark no, I need to return things to Zara and wouldn't mind having a look round their sale but I'm not desperate to go to the shops, especially if there's going to be huge queues.

The new rules don't suit my style of shopping . Pre-lockdown I was the kind of person who loved browsing, drifting around stores taking everything in, going back and forth selecting things and putting other things back, etc etc. All these new rules seem awfully militant and are going to suck all of the fun out of it for me, I know I would just find it extremely stressful.

That's just my personal opinion of course!
I haven’t read much about it! What sort of things are they putting in place? The whole fun is shopping is browsing 😢

I haven’t read much about it! What sort of things are they putting in place? The whole fun is shopping is browsing 😢
From what I've read in various places - limiting the number of people in a shop, and limiting the number of people in the queue outside too so you may not even be able to join the queue to get in, one way systems (marked with arrows right from the entrance), 2 metre marking stickers on the floor (so not allowed to enter a 'zone' if another person is stood there), changing rooms either fully closed or quarantining clothes for anything between 24-72 hours once tried on, not allowed to touch things unless you intend to buy (these items may have a quarantining rule too if you want to put them back) temperature checks on entry.

I think each shop will have a slightly different mix of rules, but even if every shop is vaguely like the above it's going to be a nightmare. I used to lovely casually strolling around clothes shops, rummaging through rails, feeling the material, trying things on - it's not going to be a very relaxing experience any more!

OBVIOUSLY I understand why they're bringing all of this in, and I'm not saying I disagree with it, just saying I will still be avoiding shops for now. I miss the pre-covid simpler times 😔

Reactions: 3
From what I've read in various places - limiting the number of people in a shop, and limiting the number of people in the queue outside too so you may not even be able to join the queue to get in, one way systems (marked with arrows right from the entrance), 2 metre marking stickers on the floor (so not allowed to enter a 'zone' if another person is stood there), changing rooms either fully closed or quarantining clothes for anything between 24-72 hours once tried on, not allowed to touch things unless you intend to buy (these items may have a quarantining rule too if you want to put them back) temperature checks on entry.

I think each shop will have a slightly different mix of rules, but even if every shop is vaguely like the above it's going to be a nightmare. I used to lovely casually strolling around clothes shops, rummaging through rails, feeling the material, trying things on - it's not going to be a very relaxing experience any more!

OBVIOUSLY I understand why they're bringing all of this in, and I'm not saying I disagree with it, just saying I will still be avoiding shops for now. I miss the pre-covid simpler times 😔
Doesn’t sound that different from shopping in the supermarket to be honest

I went to Matalan the other day and that was fairly quiet and well organised.
I won’t be going to the likes of Primark yet as I don’t like crowds and need to lose a few lockdown lbs before I try squeeze in there clothes.
I also like to take my time browsing and not feel pressured to get in - get out etc..

Reactions: 1
I’m in Wales so not sure things are opening, but I definitely wouldn’t!!
personally, I like to shop on quiet days where I can browse slowly and enjoy it. Obviously I would shop for something I desperately needed but I wouldn’t go for the sake of it. I just wouldn’t enjoy it and would prefer to wait when things calm down (although this could be months)
23rd of June for us apparently!

This feels like the death of the high street, nothing joyful at all about shopping now. Pictures on the news this afternoon and many places look pretty empty after a rush this morning of people hoping to get a bargain.

Reactions: 2
Just got back from shopping and it was fine. Few shops had queues outside, most I could enter without waiting. Staff by the door counting people in and out as well as explaining the rules. Optional hand sanitiser on the way in/out. Markings on the floor/one way systems but less restrictive than in supermarkets & I’m used to it at this point anyway. Very few staff around to enforce the rules though most people were following them. My only complaint is that some of the changes are poorly thought out, for example other entrances/exits were closed off making it harder to social distance. Plus the sales weren’t great :ROFLMAO:

I was pleasantly surprised though, I assumed it’d be tedious and stressful but actually it felt pretty natural

FFS I’m torn now. I’ve seen some videos of Primark once you’re inside and it looks like heaven! No crowds or hoards of smelly chavs throwing £2 tops on the floor. Calm, organised, neat. I want to go now before normality returns 😂

• Haha
Just got back from shopping and it was fine. Few shops had queues outside, most I could enter without waiting. Staff by the door counting people in and out as well as explaining the rules. Optional hand sanitiser on the way in/out. Markings on the floor/one way systems but less restrictive than in supermarkets & I’m used to it at this point anyway. Very few staff around to enforce the rules though most people were following them. My only complaint is that some of the changes are poorly thought out, for example other entrances/exits were closed off making it harder to social distance. Plus the sales weren’t great :ROFLMAO:

I was pleasantly surprised though, I assumed it’d be tedious and stressful but actually it felt pretty natural
Which shops did you go in?

The new rules don't suit my style of shopping . Pre-lockdown I was the kind of person who loved browsing, drifting around stores taking everything in, going back and forth selecting things and putting other things back, etc etc. All these new rules seem awfully militant and are going to suck all of the fun out of it for me, I know I would just find it extremely stressful.

That's just my personal opinion of course!
Oh gosh. That's my idea of hell. I order about 30 things of asos, send 29 back 😂😂

When I go to my local shopping centre its normally for a boost smoothie. Also I normally end up buying bits for the kids and nothing for me, out of mum guilt

• Haha
Anyone go into a Zara today? Their sale started instore and I need to take a few things back. Duno if I can be arsed, especially waiting in a queue for ages, boring

If footfall was down 40% today on what they'd usually get even with all the pent up demand and bargain hunters it really doesn't bode well for the long term future of the high street.