Poll: will you be going shopping next week when the high street reopens?

Will you be going shopping on the high street when shops reopen on Monday?

• No

• Yes

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This looks like way too much effort for me, id rather buy less or buy online than bother going to the high street seeing what going to Primark will entail:

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I will out of necessity - my daughter needs some new clothes and her body shape makes shopping online difficult. But I won’t be shopping for leisure / just having a look around because I’m bored. Too much hassle and honestly I feel like I’ve been weaned off of that lifestyle

That video makes me feel glad I don’t work in retail anymore

Reactions: 8
I LOVE a good browse around shops but I was starting to feel tired of my city centre before lockdown due to crowds, not quite at the level of agoraphobia but new anxieties of being in busy spaces. Looking at the videos of what you can and can't do in the shops I'm probably going to stick to buying clothes at Sainsburies or online. Size wise I am pretty consistent across brands and shops. I know friends who only buy clothes they've tried on and are prepared to just wait until next year. Cosidering how quickly this summer is disappearing I can imagine it being Christmas before we know it and I'd want to avoid city centres then also. I will try to pop to my local village gift shops etc to support them though, it will be a rough time for them.

Reactions: 2
I might go eventually but certainly not next week. Primark will be packed tomorrow..well outside will :giggle: and the thing with going shopping is if you are going in a car how much will parking cost if you have to queue outside every shop!

I LOVE a good browse around shops but I was starting to feel tired of my city centre before lockdown due to crowds, not quite at the level of agoraphobia but new anxieties of being in busy spaces. Looking at the videos of what you can and can't do in the shops I'm probably going to stick to buying clothes at Sainsburies or online. Size wise I am pretty consistent across brands and shops. I know friends who only buy clothes they've tried on and are prepared to just wait until next year. Cosidering how quickly this summer is disappearing I can imagine it being Christmas before we know it and I'd want to avoid city centres then also. I will try to pop to my local village gift shops etc to support them though, it will be a rough time for them.
This is another thing the no trying on clothes before you buy, if they dont fit you have to come back again. Its easier to just order it online.

I think I’ll wait at least a week. I know it’ll still be busy but the first week will just be a bit too much I think. Imagine the queue outside primark! They’re doing one in one out. I think you’ll spend most of the day just outside waiting.

I'd rather not but I really need new pyjamas and I'm really fussy so I only really like primark ones cause of the shape.

Side note: I did NOT realise how little pairs of pyjamas I own until it was the only thing I've been wearing 🤣 🤣

• Haha
The new rules don't suit my style of shopping . Pre-lockdown I was the kind of person who loved browsing, drifting around stores taking everything in, going back and forth selecting things and putting other things back, etc etc. All these new rules seem awfully militant and are going to suck all of the fun out of it for me, I know I would just find it extremely stressful.

That's just my personal opinion of course!

Reactions: 10
I think I’ll go in a couple of weeks, maybe towards the end of June/start of July. Hopefully by then the lines outside shops won’t be quite as bad. I can’t be bothered waiting for 30 minutes every time I want to go into a different shop

Reactions: 1
I’m in Wales so not sure things are opening, but I definitely wouldn’t!!
personally, I like to shop on quiet days where I can browse slowly and enjoy it. Obviously I would shop for something I desperately needed but I wouldn’t go for the sake of it. I just wouldn’t enjoy it and would prefer to wait when things calm down (although this could be months)

Reactions: 1
I love shopping! I’m well known for my love of it! But I’ve saved so much during lockdown, I’ve realised how much I’ve spent on make-up, clothes, shoes etc.....I’m in no rush to shop, but I’d find it hard to enjoy at the moment

The scenes from penny’s (primark) in Ireland are the level of embarrassment a nation can’t recover from easily.....

queuing in the lashing rain at 5.30am (when the store didn’t open until 10.30) for 2 quid tee shirts is a certain type of insanity I don’t understand,
and we’re gonna need to explain it to the next generation.

i can’t explain it. I can’t do it 😐

not planning to go shopping (bar groceries) until things settle,
I dislike people more than I like the ring of a checkout.

Reactions: 9
Nope.

When I go shopping I like to meander, browse, take my time, go back on myself and generally take my time and enjoy it. This new way is the complete opposite of how I like to shop so until things are relaxed I’m going to avoid.

Reactions: 4
I know someone in that primark video back of head shot an old manager lol as i work in retail myself im not going to go. I'm going to work then go back home when i do actually go back ha

Edit just watched the video above definitely saw them 😭😂

I pretty much exclusively shopped online before lockdown, so I won't be heading off to the shops. I'm working from home until at least August anyway, so it seems pointless to buy new clothes.

My work hours mean I couldn’t even if I wanted to 😂

I couldn’t be bothered queuing outside to get into shops when I don’t really need anything anyway. I have been to homesense and m and s this week though. Homesense wasn’t busy and it’s distancing set up was good too.

Yeah I really don't understand the logic of queuing all night to get into Primark either. I'm sure I read somewhere they can't afford to do much of a sale anyway so it will just be normal fare. It is almost as if people are scared they will run out of clothes to sell by the time they get there.

Yeah I really don't understand the logic of queuing all night to get into Primark either. I'm sure I read somewhere they can't afford to do much of a sale anyway so it will just be normal fare. It is almost as if people are scared they will run out of clothes to sell by the time they get there.
What's the point of queuing to buy clothes in Primark they will only go bobbly after one wash anyway. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I will out of necessity - my daughter needs some new clothes and her body shape makes shopping online difficult. But I won’t be shopping for leisure / just having a look around because I’m bored. Too much hassle and honestly I feel like I’ve been weaned off of that lifestyle

That video makes me feel glad I don’t work in retail anymore
I just ordered a huge delivery for my daughter . I just got 3 sizes in every item that looked even half suitable. We had a huge try on session at home then I returned the rest. It was great I am going to do it for all her future shopping.

My teenage son needs shoes though so will probably have to brave a real shop at some point soon with him .