A Pinch of Nom - Kay Featherstone and Kate Allinson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I disagree with your rationale here completely. I do agree that someone having walked in your shoes who gives advice can be an inspiring influence, but they haven’t overcome their demons, what makes them qualified to give advice to others on doing so? That’s like an NHS Quit Smoking Advisor who smokes 40 a day whilst preaching to others, they’ve struggled with the habit so they’ll have empathy, but clearly their advice isn’t working or they’d be successfully doing it themselves. That’s not inspiring it’s hypocritical.
Totally agree. I’m obese and have qualifications in nutrition and weight management. Would I feel comfortable advising someone on how to lose weight, no! I’ve not managed to sort myself out so would not want to give advice to anyone!

Reactions: 10
Definitely never share a recipe with their group. They take it and pass it off as their own and delete the post with the recipe. Creamy garlic chicken came from a member who decided to change the beef stroganoff recipe to chicken.

And the claim to have lost 13lb in one week and how to do it. Lots of disappointed group members who lost 1lb.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Picture from tonight’s bookseller awards. I don’t care if they’re big but it seems wrong to be selling weightloss books - almost fraud?
Wow, I’m not here to shame anyone but quite shocked how much weight one of them has put on (not sure on who’s who!)

Not a great ad for the low calorie recipe book

Reactions: 5
Picture from tonight’s bookseller awards. I don’t care if they’re big but it seems wrong to be selling weightloss books - almost fraud?
Fuuuuuuuuuuck me

Well they’re clearly not replacing double cream with bleeping quark are they

Sheeeeeeeeeesh

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I just saw this on Twitter as I have paid no attention to the book until I saw it had won an award. I thought ooh a book to help me lose weight! Clicked on this and I know this is horrible but Christ!! The healthy eating obvs hasn’t worked for this pair has it?! It’s bizarre. Scruffy bleeders as well!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Honestly, that’s why I’ve not even looked at buying the book. Why take advise from two woman who are severely obese, claiming to eat healthier versions of food

Reactions: 8
Some of the recipes are really good, so I wouldn’t let it put you off buying the book. I’ve plugged quite a few of them into MFP and the calorie count is about right with what is advertised in the book.

Reactions: 6
I've dabbled with the recipes on their website as I've been wanting to shift a stone, I'm only 5ft tall and become conscious that I'm turning into a barrel.

SW wasnt for me because I found that I was eating alot MORE and getting dry mouth off all those alpen light bars.

A handful of the recipes are okay, the rest of them are so so bland.

I bought their "Everyday Light" book a few months ago just for a look and I think I bookmarked like 3 recipes.

Now that I know what they actually look like I feel a bit cat fished tbh.

The name makes me cringe aswell because I don't think I've said the word "Nom" out loud since I went through a very brief emo phase like 11 years ago (Rawr xD)

Didn't know they ripped off other people though and I've seen on the Hayleys.World thread that she does the same (although her recipes are miles better) so might just start looking on Pinterest instead 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Some of their recipes I feel like you need a degree in chemical engineering for, they sometimes use obscure artificial ingredients just to make it ‘syn free’ rather than the real thing which would be a lot healthier and probably not that many syns 🙄

Clearly don’t follow any form of plan themselves anyway.

Also the word ‘Nom’ makes me cringe so much, like the above poster it reminds me of my brief emo phase and people going ‘nomnomnomnomnom’ on MSN 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Yel

Eek, they've put on weight while they've made millions selling weightloss books.

Weight is such a complicated issue, we all know what foods to avoid to put on weight. But it's not as easy as that. Quark and sweetener just isn't very nice

Reactions: 8
I'm glad I came across this thread! For a while I've thought to myself how can they be so popular with the slimming recipes when they are clearly obese. I mean no hate I'm definitely not slim and have tried slimming world on and off for years with no luck. Now I'm calorie counting and finding myself in a much better relationship with food and understanding more. I've never bought a book of theirs because I'm too cheap 😂but glad I haven't now after reading here they steal their recipes from others! Shame on them!

• Heart
WTF I had no idea they had podcasts 😂 so cringey to listen to, I just survived the first 5 minutes of the Joe Wicks one, he is super vain and judgmental wonder how much they paid him!!!!!!

Reactions: 1
WTF I had no idea they had podcasts 😂 so cringey to listen to, I just survived the first 5 minutes of the Joe Wicks one, he is super vain and judgmental wonder how much they paid him!!!!!!
I listened to the Rosie Ramsay one and couldnt cope with how AWKWARD they were

Reactions: 2
I can't believe how big they are. They are whatever is higher than morbidly obese! I want to get my BMI down from 27 to 23 but they are huge! Must eat mountains and mountains of junk to keep that large!

I can't believe how big they are. They are whatever is higher than morbidly obese! I want to get my BMI down from 27 to 23 but they are huge! Must eat mountains and mountains of junk to keep that large!
I know - I ideally would like to lose two stone to get mine down the same but honestly even if I was REALLY going at it and giving zero f*cks what I ate or drank I could never get to that size, they must literally eat every waking moment?!

I listened to the Rosie Ramsay one and couldnt cope with how AWKWARD they were
Same here it reminded me of when you had to stand up and do a presentation in front of the class at school and mumble/laugh your way through it!

Reactions: 3
I am shook seeing the photos of them, I have their book and planner and had no idea! I was excited for the recipe book, after years of slimming world recipes that all end up tasting of bland tinned tomato and self deprivation. But it’s disappointing, I haven’t really been gripped by any of the meals in their book and as someone else said there’s a lot of faffing with artificial stuff that is trying to mimic the real thing (Quark in lasagna anyone? 🤢). It ends up being disappointing, you’d be better off using the syns/calories and eating a meal that satisfies you.

Although I do really like the sticky chicken recipe!

Reactions: 3