Piers Morgan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he had his knuckles severely rapped on Monday, it was clear to me he went off script and took things way too far, there was an element of him losing control due to anger. His co workers were just sitting in shock. But, yeah, I imagine he got a job offer almost immediately if he didn't have one lined up prior to all this.
My big issue is ITV trying to change the narrative, I was watching live and I couldn't believe what I was seeing or hearing. They should have sacked him instead of letting him save face, they even let him release a twitter message before their statement.
His new tweet quoted Churchill, erm OK.

Reactions: 11
I think he had his knuckles severely rapped on Monday, it was clear to me he went off script and took things way too far, there was an element of him losing control due to anger. His co workers were just sitting in shock. But, yeah, I imagine he got a job offer almost immediately if he didn't have one lined up prior to all this.
My big issue is ITV trying to change the narrative, I was watching live and I couldn't believe what I was seeing or hearing. They should have sacked him instead of letting him save face, they even let him release a twitter message before their statement.
His new tweet quoted Churchill, erm OK.
Says it all about him. Another "champion for free speech" head who doesn't understand free speech doesn't mean no consequences. He will fit in well.

Reactions: 11
How is it like without him on the show? Must be a huge change, his presence normally dominates everything.

But yes, he sometimes got so angry that it was almost scary.

Reactions: 1
I missed GMB this morning as I was running late for work, who did they have on to replace him?

Reactions: 1
Oh I hope that's not a permanent thing, Ranvir is quite irritating
I used to find Ben quite annoying but maybe he could do the Mon-Weds and possibly Andi Peters the other days. I find Andi very annoying with the competitions but I thought he was great doing Lorraine.

I always noticed Piers was always negative towards Andi too.

Reactions: 4
I won’t be watching GMB anymore, I do like Piers even though I don’t agree with half of what he says, but he has passion, which I’m envious of.
IMO Alex Beresford is another Meghan Markle, ‘must have a voice’ and has spoken over Piers many times in quite an abrasive fashion, I’ve always felt like he needed to STFU and STFD.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
How is it like without him on the show? Must be a huge change, his presence normally dominates everything.

But yes, he sometimes got so angry that it was almost scary.
Im watching it on plus one. It seems the same but less ego and shouting. I can here what the guests are saying 😆
I dont watch much breakfast tv but I'll watch it more without Piers

Reactions: 2
Susanna was all passive aggressive sighs and cup gripping. I suppose her role was to pipe up when Piers kicked off and put across her faux opposition
but it didn't work this morning. GMB will suffer without Piers, people watched to feel outraged either with him or at him, whats the point now. If you want "news" or actual journalism other channels provide it.
Clever to not sack him though, he's leaving under a cloud but it really should have been much worse for him.

Reactions: 5
Susanna Reid has lost all credibility as a journalist/broadcaster in my opinion. BBC breakfast despite it's criticism is more of a new broadcast, compared to Good Morning Britain which is like Daily Mail tv. Click bait tv and Susanna left BBC for that, suppose she got a good pay deal and do not blame her to be fair.

Reactions: 10
I didn’t see much of it but I thought Susanna was acting like someone had died this morning! I don’t know who will gel with her - I said last week that I think she does to Ben Shepherd what Piers did to her and I can see her being like that with any co-presenter

Reactions: 8
Sad to see Piers go but he refused to apologise and that was that. He had nothing to apologise for (other than loosing control) and wish him well for the future. I'm done with TV these days, and fast going off forums.

You have to walk on eggshells in case something you say upsets some minority group (when no upset was intended). Dare to voice an opinion thats not 'woke' centered and the loud minority move in for the kill. Freedom of speech has gone down the crapper and thats not a good thing for society.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I won’t be watching GMB anymore, I do like Piers even though I don’t agree with half of what he says, but he has passion, which I’m envious of.
IMO Alex Beresford is another Meghan Markle, ‘must have a voice’ and has spoken over Piers many times in quite an abrasive fashion, I’ve always felt like he needed to STFU and STFD.
He’s certainly passionate when it comes to being a misogynistic, racist hole.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I don't watch Lorraine but love of huns have a tiny snippet on their insta, she said I guess the only person who thinks this is OK, is Andrew, right?
I don't know if it was from todays show. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Not sure why people are so bothered/sad about Piers leaving GMB he’ll soon be on another programme that can be watched... I can’t stand the bloke but he won’t be short of offers I don’t think.

Name me one more annoying word than: woke everyone seems to love that word at the moment 🥴

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.