Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Moneypenny’sfreedom

Oh god I haven’t watched TM in years I now have to source it because this much of a popcorn opportunity cannot be passed up. If I was back home I’d be having a watch along….

Seriously, even though HW comes across as deeply disingenuous and someone who would sit on a spike in the studio rather than miss out on the spotlight I do think Philf, through his silence, put her kids in danger …. That’s not something anyone would easily overlook. If this is the case and I was her husband I’d be raging.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

LByrne74

VIP Member
They must be cynically doing it, surely, to boost viewing figures, knowing many will tune in just to observe body language and how much they hate each other. But fuck ITV for doing this. It's a massive "fuck you" to the viewers who can't stand Philth on the screen. And as much as I don't like her, it's also a massive "fuck you" to Holly. They're trying to show her "you can't dictate things" (even though they've let Philth dictate things for years) and this will put her under massive stress, possibly making her physically ill. Now I don't have much sympathy for her but his reputation is now so bad that she can justifiably claim the association could ruin her career. Aside from the cynical aspect of it, their logic sucks if they're considering letting him on screen tomorrow or indeed ever again. I would call in sick if I were her.

hardworkinggardener

I'm getting the feeling there is a lot of people in TV land - presenters, behind the scenes, etc, who will be popping the champagne if and when he ever goes

Eureka

VIP Member
I can understand Phil brazenly acting like he’s done nothing wrong. They’re going to have to drag him kicking and screaming. I can’t understand Holly though, she has a chance to get out of this with her career intact. The grooming story has now gone mainstream, she can’t claim ignorance. I just don’t get why she’s not refusing to work with him?

• Heart

90sGal

Chatty Member
Kinda disappointed. Woke up this morning expecting a full on splash, top of the Mail kind of story. This story is just repeating the online rumours.
I was too....didn't expect the headline to be Vardy snd Jehovah Witnesses!

• Haha

grace28

Chatty Member
They look very strained to me
I agree. Wouldn't surprise me if they start phasing them out to twice a week and having Alison and Demot covering the rest as this isn't sustainable.

I don't see how ITV can front Phil when discussing quite serious issues such as gender and sexuality knowing what they quite clearly know behind the scenes. Have they not learnt anything from the BBC.

KitchenDog1

Chatty Member
I’m waiting for them to hug it out.. you’re so brave .. no you’re so brave .. we are so brave 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ nonce&wally

• Haha
Reactions: 25

LByrne74

VIP Member
And what about the guests who will be on TM. They will have read the internet and the rumours. They may decide against appearing
Indeed. I think at this stage it will take multiple guests refusing to appear on the days he is on, and advertisers expressing reluctance to keep sponsoring the show, for ITV to get rid asap.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
TM is tainted forever I don’t see how Holly could stay & not be a daily reminder. She deserves to go. They would be better scrapping it & revamping their morning schedule.
I don't watch it but I think it could continue with decent presenters.

Ruth is still in situ, I think at ITV.
Bring back Rylan and have the two of them as the main presenters. Now that I would watch.

• Heart

twittwottoo

Chatty Member
He says in his statement that he would have reported him had he ever admitted a crime, but other sources say he did tell him. He was a copper as well. https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/philip-schofields-brother-found-guilty-of-sexually-abusing-teenage-boy/
But I've read a statement from him that his brother told him in 2021 and he told him not to do it again, then in another statement Phil said that his concern has only ever been for the wellbeing of the child, so why didn't he report his brother back in 2021 ?

Tangerine Cat

VIP Member
DM are obviously saying what they're legally able to... but that seed is well and truly public at last.

I'm extremely pissed off though that Holly is being painted as the victim here. She's obviously got PR frantically spinning plates.
Blame Martin Frizzel. He’s obviously decided that saving one of them is better than both of them getting blasted in the press. It also helps save the sorry arses of management like him facing serious questions, and the show in general.