Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
Ive been thinking about this and at the end of the day if I had kids Id vaccinate them to do all I could to protect them so Ill do the same for my pets.
Would you vaccinate your children or yourself every year though? No, of course not. Thus is what vets now try to force owners to do.

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Our plan gives us one free appt for each cat, discount on another and then perks like nail clipping ect. Might not be for everyone but it works for us.

Mustard

VIP Member
Yes it was the second round of the Nobivac L4 vaccine. He had the first at 7 weeks with the breeder so isn’t due any more. Thank you for the reply, I’ll have a look at the bahvs site
I wanted to add that if there isn’t a homeopathic vet near you, many of them can do a consult by Skype/FaceTime. Nick Thompson is excellent, as is Christopher Day and Vince McNally (Vincethevet)

Gmail

Hi
Reviving an old thread here as my pup had his second vaccinations on Monday. I ended up taking him back to the vet this morning as he was very lethargic and had severe pain when opening his mouth and we have a provisional diagnosis of MMM - Masticatory Muscle Myositis. He’s had an injection of Prednisone and we have to go back tomorrow morning to see if there’s any improvement and to take bloods. I was just wondering if anyone here has any actual experience of this as at the moment I’m scaring myself silly reading all sorts of horror stories on dog forums and anti vaxxer sites but I’m hoping someone here might be more knowledgeable on what I should expect to hear or questions I should ask the vet in the morning? Many thanks 😊

Mustard

VIP Member
Yearly boosters are a money making scam. Too much scaremongering by vets that many people are poorly educated on the damage they can do, same with chemical flea and worming treatments....
👍nice to see another believer. I think *most* people are pro all the stuff vets throw at you until something happens to their pet. Look at protectthepets.com. It’s a .
US website run by a Connecticut vet who decided to stop ovvervacinating animals. He worked for Banfield, a company that is steadily buying up many private vet practices as older vets are retiring. Banfield are also over here. 😩

Mustard

VIP Member
I'm grateful for the ignore button
You should ask the vaccine manufacturers. They *only* recommend vax every three years, yet lots if vets say once a year, to make money. You cannot boost immunity. You either are or aren’t. Educate yourself.

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Ive been thinking about this and at the end of the day if I had kids Id vaccinate them to do all I could to protect them so Ill do the same for my pets.

ComeonLen

This is such a random thread but one that I actually need right now! I have a cat that I usually vaccinate every year and give regular worming/flea treatment to. My circumstances have changed and I now live very remotely without access to a car so I’m not able to get to a vets easily.

I am more worried about the worming treatment though, she loves munching mice so I’m worried she might catch something!

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Why would you vaccinate yearly? You said you had a cat who lived to 17 after only having kitten jabs. I know many vet nurses and that is all they do for their cats. Kitten jabs only. Annual vaccinations are a money making scheme by many veterinarians.

Why would you vaccinate yearly? You said you had a cat who lived to 17 after only having kitten jabs. I know many vet nurses and that is all they do for their cats. Kitten jabs only. Annual vaccinations are a money making scheme by many veterinarians.

I had a cat die after a *booster*. Until then I believed in boosters, however the vet told me that bad reactions can happen yet they don’t tell owners. She only told me this after my cat died.

If you are talking about *boosters* because it’s necessary and you are putting poison into your animal for no reason. Do you or your family get annual vaccinations?
Ours come as part of our care package so its included

Mustard

VIP Member
What a ridiculous comment. Vets give pets those things to avoid preventable parasites, it’s not poison 🙄 Do you really think every vet in the world has so little regard for animal’s welfare that they happily “poison” them to make money? Take your tinfoil hat off.
I didn’t say every vet in the world, but many vets do this to make money. This has been going on for about ten years.m They employ marketing companies to advise them how to raise their income. The monthly fees they try to get you to sign up for which includes flea treatment and *booster* shots are indicative of this. The FDA in the US has issued warnings about the spot on treatments and the European Medicines Agency is tracking the problems caused by the internal flea treatments.

Gmail

Yes it was the second round of the Nobivac L4 vaccine. He had the first at 7 weeks with the breeder so isn’t due any more. Thank you for the reply, I’ll have a look at the bahvs site

Takinginthetea

Had dog's my whole life my family have all had dogs in their lives, which have all lived between 13 and 15 years old or even older. All have had injections, all have had boosters every year never ever an issue 🤷‍♀️
I will say I do not agree with these monthly payment plans that the vets now try and get you to set up

Bec3007

VIP Member
I studied animals at college. My lecturer was actually a vet and he told us that primary vaccinations are a must but boosters are not. My dog lived until she was 14, she had her primary vaccinations and never had a booster after that. She only visited the vet once in 13 years and that was to be spayed at 6 months. You could call it luck but my cat who is also sadly not with us anymore only ever had them as a kitten and spent most of his life outdoors. Again he never visited the vets in his life.

Mustard

VIP Member
From Dr. Ronald Schultz, leading veterinary immunologist on vaccines and titers.

Many kennels and catteries now accept titers. You can always get someone to care for the animal in your home.
What’s so funny - are you a leading vet immunologist too? I thought you were ignoring me?

It is absolute rubbish to say “you can’t boost immunity” with vaccines and laughable that you then say “educate yourself” 😂 You are clearly completely ignorant of how vaccination and the immune system works. Many vaccines require boosters to ensure the memory immune response is adequate. The number of boosters required is dependent on the vaccine formulation, they are all different. Exposure to infectious organisms also does not always guarantee lifelong immunity.
No, they need exposure, not more vaccinations.

It is absolute rubbish to say “you can’t boost immunity” with vaccines and laughable that you then say “educate yourself” 😂 You are clearly completely ignorant of how vaccination and the immune system works. Many vaccines require boosters to ensure the memory immune response is adequate. The number of boosters required is dependent on the vaccine formulation, they are all different. Exposure to infectious organisms also does not always guarantee lifelong immunity.
And, some animals are complete non responders. This is another reason why titers are important.

Last edited: