PCOS

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahhh thank you so much!! 🥰 I’ll definitely get looked into it Monday. Thanks everyone for their support!

this is my results were last time I did my own blood test at home.
Where did you get the blood test from? Really interested in doing something like this

Reactions: 1
Where did you get the blood test from? Really interested in doing something like this
I got mine radox health website. I typed into Google ‘female health test’ and it came up. It’s £29 though but worth it IMO xx
---
I got mine radox health website. I typed into Google ‘female health test’ and it came up. It’s £29 though but worth it IMO xx

Reactions: 2
Does anyone’s cycle length suddenly increase and have you found a reason why (other then Pcos)?
I’m diagnosed pcos but with diet, exercise and supplements I managed to get my cycle to vary between 28 and 36 days. I’m currently on day 45 with no sign of a period other than have a hard swollen stomach. Has anyone else experienced this or similar?

• Sad
Does anyone’s cycle length suddenly increase and have you found a reason why (other then Pcos)?
I’m diagnosed pcos but with diet, exercise and supplements I managed to get my cycle to vary between 28 and 36 days. I’m currently on day 45 with no sign of a period other than have a hard swollen stomach. Has anyone else experienced this or similar?
Yes, it was perimenopause that caused it for me

• Sad
I had a mad 43 day cycle, I ovulated really late (I’m TTC so have been doing various tests and keeping track of everything and all that stuff). I am otherwise anything from 28 to 36 days since I started tracking, which is coming up for a year since my mirena coil was removed. I still have no idea why this was the case.

I’ve been doing quite a bit of reading and I’ve added a fair few supplements to my diet. I’m taking berberine, myo-inositol, zinc, magnesium and vit d. I have IR and they are all meant to help

@Blond3g1rl what magnesium and myo-inositol are you taking? I currently take Vit D alongside my metformin but looking to add magnesium and myo-inositol but there is so many different kinds. I have magnesium citrate and glycinate in my cupboard but just unsure which one I should be taking.

@Blond3g1rl what magnesium and myo-inositol are you taking? I currently take Vit D alongside my metformin but looking to add magnesium and myo-inositol but there is so many different kinds. I have magnesium citrate and glycinate in my cupboard but just unsure which one I should be taking.
I’ve just got the standard one from boots. It’s magnesium oxide. Depending on who/what you read either citrate, glycinate or oxide is the best so I just went with the boots one.
Free soul myo-inositol from Amazon.

Thank you :) I will have a look on Amazon got the myo-inositol and trial the magnesium I currently have to see which works best for me. Thank you :)

• Heart
I use the Nutrition Geeks magnesium which is all three types in one. I have no idea if that’s a ‘good’ idea or not but I fell down a supplement rabbit hole ages ago and now take so many I probably rattle…

I’ve heard spearmint tea and oil is good for the symptoms of PCOS (helps with hormones and facial hair). Been drinking spearmint tea but don’t drink it everyday to really comment and going to try putting spearmint oil to see if helps with reducing facial hair.

@Elsie1988 where do you buy your spearmint tea? I’ve had teas with mixed mint but struggling to find purely spearmint 😊 xx

When I was drinking spearmint tea daily I noticed a big difference in the amount of facial hair I had

I know it's not what everyone might be interested in but Chromium is the one PCOS supplement I can't be without. My current supply is from Holland and Barrett but Amazon is usually cheaper.

Hello, just wondering if anyone has experienced what I'm going through right now.

Diagnosed at 20 with PCOS, confirmed with ultrascan and amenorrhoea since 14. Prescribed the pill at 20 and have taken that for 10+ years. I decided now it was time to stop taking my pill with the doctors support.

Anyway, has anyone been in a similar situation where they had absent periods for years and found a way to get their period without taking the pill??

I am enjoying a high protein diet recently and hoping this might help me ovulate but if anyone has any advise on what worked for them. Please let me know as I just want my period even if its irregular.

@Elsie1988 where do you buy your spearmint tea? I’ve had teas with mixed mint but struggling to find purely spearmint 😊 xx
I ordered mine online usually as you are right, supermarkets tend to only have blends of mints. Although surprisingly Aldi did a spearmint one once but haven’t seen it since x
---
Hello, just wondering if anyone has experienced what I'm going through right now.

Diagnosed at 20 with PCOS, confirmed with ultrascan and amenorrhoea since 14. Prescribed the pill at 20 and have taken that for 10+ years. I decided now it was time to stop taking my pill with the doctors support.

Anyway, has anyone been in a similar situation where they had absent periods for years and found a way to get their period without taking the pill??

I am enjoying a high protein diet recently and hoping this might help me ovulate but if anyone has any advise on what worked for them. Please let me know as I just want my period even if its irregular.
The only thing that has worked for me is Metformin and a dairy free diet

I'm off to get a ultra sound done tomorrow at the lcoal hospital to see if I've got PCOS!! I'm soooo nervous because I know looking at my ovaries doesn't dertmine PCOS, but I do worry that they'll be look nah you're overweight, cause you eat! and you're just hairy hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 3