PCDs Elis James and John Robins #2 Is it us? Are we the drama?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Question for long term fans:
I'm almost at the end of their Radio X run just two episodes left, but they've not mentioned on the podcasts that they'll be stopping.

Was it a very last minute announcement or have they just edited out all talk of it from the shows??

Reactions: 1
It was all very quiet and came as a surprise. IIRC the boys said there was something in the works and in the group someone mentioned they knew behind the scenes there was a BBC move being made. I think it was maybe what’s happened with Jordan North and Radio 1.

Question for long term fans:
I'm almost at the end of their Radio X run just two episodes left, but they've not mentioned on the podcasts that they'll be stopping.

Was it a very last minute announcement or have they just edited out all talk of it from the shows??
I don't remember the podcast content exactly but at the time, it was my full time BF at the time who was a big fan of them (I hadn't fallen down that particular rabbit hole yet, but have absolutely done so now!).

Anyway, it can't have been on a show because I broke the news to him that they were leaving. I'd obviously read it somewhere and told him. He was properly gutted, and I remember him using it as an opportunity to try to convince me that I HAD to listen to them now(!). Then like two days later I saw a post on one of their instagrams about five live, and got to tell him so he perked up again. 😂

I'm since a retro-oner and can't actually remember how they covered it on the podcast though. I imagine if I was a listener in time I'd have remembered clearer.

Suppose it's like binge watching programmes after they've aired. You feel emotion but chances are you know how things turn out so you don't have the same cliffhangers as real time.

It was definitely a surprise. They just announced that the show would be ending on a few weeks. The show finished and then suddenly there was the Five Live announcement.

Think they announced on the Tuesday they were leaving X, Saturday was the last show then I think they week after 5 was announced so it was quick.

The one time there was a slight clue was I think at the live show at the comedy store a few weeks before John said something like "we've only got a few of these left" or something kind of vague that nobody picked up on at the time but made sense in retrospect