Paul from Perth

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Paul is very good at explaining medical issues and results. He really cares that his viewers understand. I can't imagine Tiffany to ever make an effort like this. What a difference. I really don't care about anything else in terms of his behaviour as long as his content re cancer is educational and well-explained.

Reactions: 4
Agreed.
Paul is very good at explaining medical issues and results. He really cares that his viewers understand. I can't imagine Tiffany to ever make an effort like this. What a difference. I really don't care about anything else in terms of his behaviour as long as his content re cancer is educational and well-explained.

Agreed. He's very good at explaining the details about his cancer, his surgery and any treatment. Looks like he's doing very well after his surgery which is good to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well, one's level of education plays a role, Paul is clearly an educated man. Tiffany is a uneducated girl who struggles to put a sentence together and she's childish too, and honestly that's okay, her channel is about her life with a cancer diagnosis, not science communication and medical expertise. It's literally an average girl journaling about her feelings having to live with a crappy diagnosis, nothing more and nothing less, I can't stand watching 1 minute of her pointless rambling but that's okay too, she has a lot of fans who love her content, to each their own.

Reactions: 2
Well, one's level of education plays a role, Paul is clearly an educated man. Tiffany is a uneducated girl who struggles to put a sentence together and she's childish too, and honestly that's okay, her channel is about her life with a cancer diagnosis, not science communication and medical expertise. It's literally an average girl journaling about her feelings having to live with a crappy diagnosis, nothing more and nothing less, I can't stand watching 1 minute of her pointless rambling but that's okay too, she has a lot of fans who love her content, to each their own.
I didn't notice she was journaling about her feelings about her diagnosis. She blabs about frivolous crap like what she purchased and of course her ridiculous eating.

• Haha
Just got a chance to watch Paul's last video. Unbelievable really what they did for him. He started out with no hope then this Dr. said he'd do this massive surgery and he's now looking at such good numbers and results. He sounds like the old Paul in most ways. I do hope his future scans are clear and he has many good years left.

• Heart
He's asking his subs to help him find a job. He also says his mental health isn't great and he can't walk a mile.

• Wow
Yeah, he has previously made odd requests of his followers, such as asking if he could stay at the home of someone in Sidney with nursing experience while he was recovering after surgery before returning to Perth... it is unclear if he is being genuine or if he is simply trying to engage his viewers. Despite his struggles with depression, he still seems to want to grow his YouTube channel...

Reactions: 1
He is such a strange guy. It's like he doesn't feel embarrassed to ask his viewers such things.

Paul is going through a rough time.

Poor dude. That horrible surgery and aftermath and now the neuropathy and still high cancer markers. I didn't realize that before the surgery he only had a month to live. I hope he gets at least a year or so relatively pain free time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Poor dude. That horrible surgery and aftermath and now the neuropathy and still high cancer markers. I didn't realize that before the surgery he only had a month to live. I hope he gets at least a year or so relatively pain free time.
He wouldn't have lived very much longer with the amount of fluid he was having drained off. It was an emergency involving fluid which killed my husband and came quickly and completely out of the blue. Paul said it wouldn't have been long before the fluid caused an heart attack and I agree with him. I witnessed similar myself, but we had no warning.
Opting for such a large aggressive surgery is admirable. It was either that or Paul soon die. Hopefully it will have extended his life for a long while and the time he has gained he enjoys. Sadly I can't see it myself. Paul looks miserable and depressed since his surgery, which is sad. I hope he finds some happiness with his remaining time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Yeah, he really looks miserable, the surgery that should have been his rebirth left him suicidal, with chronic pain and probably PTSD. We all kinda saw it coming, didn't we, given his fragile mental health pre-surgery. Sad!

• Sad
Been a while since this thread was updated, he's currently on Update #111.
He still has the peripheral neuropathy pain.
He had a video where he went through the end of life checklist and handed over information to a relative (forget who) about important documents/plans etc.
He had his 3 month post op scans and got results. Mostly looks good aside from a few nodules that they will re-scan in 3 months to see if they are anything.
He is now asking for donations since he may live longer than he expected and his finances weren't accounting for that. It's set up through a rare cancer donation page and he's already met the goal he set.

Been a while since this thread was updated, he's currently on Update #111.
He still has the peripheral neuropathy pain.
He had a video where he went through the end of life checklist and handed over information to a relative (forget who) about important documents/plans etc.
He had his 3 month post op scans and got results. Mostly looks good aside from a few nodules that they will re-scan in 3 months to see if they are anything.
He is now asking for donations since he may live longer than he expected and his finances weren't accounting for that. It's set up through a rare cancer donation page and he's already met the goal he set.
I don't mind him asking for donations. His videos are helpful and he has gone through hell. Recovery from this surgery takes a very long time and it significantly weakens him for a long time. He obviously cannot work for a good while if ever. He doesn't run around here and there shopping and enjoying cakes and coffees while claiming not being able to work (like a certain rodent does).

Reactions: 2
I don't mind him asking for donations. His videos are helpful and he has gone through hell. Recovery from this surgery takes a very long time and it significantly weakens him for a long time. He obviously cannot work for a good while if ever. He doesn't run around here and there shopping and enjoying cakes and coffees while claiming not being able to work (like a certain rodent does).
I agree. From what I saw, it's through the Rare Cancer site in Australia and he submits the bills to them which they cover from the donations and if he passes away before it's gone they donate it to others with rare cancers. It's not a gofundme type thing I don't think. I've never heard of this type of donating and seems like this is how it should be. Then those frauds and grifters can't take advantage of people with an actual charity running it. (unless I misunderstood how this one works lol)

• Heart
Just posted that he's taking down his last 2 videos and turning off comments on others. Said he was going take a break from YouTube for awhile. Weird of people gave him tit for the request for donations when the Applefords have gotten a fortune from their begging.

• Heart
Just posted that he's taking down his last 2 videos and turning off comments on others. Said he was going take a break from YouTube for awhile. Weird of people gave him tit for the request for donations when the Applefords have gotten a fortune from their begging.

He cashed in his retirement benefits so I wonder what he did with that money? I don't understand why he did that when he intended going for this surgery, it seemed premature to me at the time . I don't begrudge him what little things give him pleasure ATM, life isn't worth living without those.

The differing treatment of YouTubers never ceases to amaze me. I think this rare cancer thing sounds like a great way to 'police' the whole charitable side of cancer.

Paul’s mental health appears to have taken a battering since his surgery. He goes from feeling suicidal, to crying, to getting super sensitive reading comments on his videos which he publishes to the www, to asking for financial donations to then needing a break from YouTube.
Does Paul live in a country where there is no financial assistance?

Paul’s mental health appears to have taken a battering since his surgery. He goes from feeling suicidal, to crying, to getting super sensitive reading comments on his videos which he publishes to the www, to asking for financial donations to then needing a break from YouTube.
Does Paul live in a country where there is no financial assistance?
He said he had a retirement fund that he was able to cash out if he had less than 2 yrs to live. It's pretty confusing. He cashed it out and then had the surgery so now he needs money? I really liked Paul at the beginning of his cancer postings but he's gotten off the rails a tad too much.

I do think Australia has disability benefits.

"Financial help if you have a physical, intellectual or psychiatric condition that is likely to persist for more than 2 years and stops you from working. Not everyone with disability or a medical condition can get Disability Support Pension (DSP). If you can't get DSP, you may be able to get other payments.Feb 6, 2024"

He said he had a retirement fund that he was able to cash out if he had less than 2 yrs to live. It's pretty confusing. He cashed it out and then had the surgery so now he needs money? I really liked Paul at the beginning of his cancer postings but he's gotten off the rails a tad too much.

I do think Australia has disability benefits.

"Financial help if you have a physical, intellectual or psychiatric condition that is likely to persist for more than 2 years and stops you from working. Not everyone with disability or a medical condition can get Disability Support Pension (DSP). If you can't get DSP, you may be able to get other payments.Feb 6, 2024"
It’s a weird one for me because I used to like Paul but when he started discussing Jenny apple and was actively trying to gain more followers, I saw a side to him that I’m not keen on. And at the same time I have empathy for him. The surgery and problems he went through are quite something. If I had the same diagnosis I know that I wouldn’t put myself through such a surgery,
I don’t believe Paul will ever be cancer free, I think surgery’s extended his life. What if he remains depressed and suicidal? Is that quality of life? Anyone that opens a YouTube channel and makes public their health is open to the publics opinions. The majority of comments left on his videos are words of support and encouragement. Of course there will be a small amount of negative comments, but Vloggers should expect that.
How many of go to the cinema then discuss the film? Some will rave about the film and others will think it was absolute garbage.
If Paul isn’t emotionally strong enough to deal with those negative comments then maybe he needs to really think about vlogging.
Something that confuses me is the way he sways and becomes very blunt about things.
A while ago he was looking to see if any of his subscribers could offer him accommodation. He gave out his email address and bluntly told his subscribers not to email him if they couldn’t help him. He had no interest in meeting up with any of his subscribers. Later he changed his mind and asked if anyone wanted to meet up. Paul then asks for financial donations? Just a few months ago nobody knew this man and he didn’t know any of his subscribers. He had zero interest in making friends, zero interest in anyone offering advice, but then suddenly is very open to accepting cash? All these cancer bloggers usually end up asking for cash. They are already getting paid for views but that’s never enough.. the majority end up asking for cash. Cash for treatment, cash to pay their funeral, cash to support their children, cash for living expenses. Cash, cash and cash.