Paul from Perth

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He said he's having significant complications with his lungs, does anyone know what? I can't recall it being said, some comments said blood clots take time to dissolve but I don't recall him or Caroline saying that he had those previously? He still sounds very out of breath.:(
And I'd expect nothing less than Paul to be telling people to wax their groins and sport a poncho in the hospital! 🤣
He mentioned lung collapse, embolism and inflammation.... to much for a person to deal with after such a big surgery, no wonder he feels depressed
---
Now that Paul has had the MOAS (which takes guts to agree to), I hope he recovers from the infections and gets at least a few high quality years out of it. That's only fair after all the suffering.
Unfortunately, life is unfair.
---
wondered if maybe he puts on happier face when Caroline is in the room with him.
She truly means a lot to him. Whenever he sees her, he brightens up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
He mentioned lung collapse, embolism and inflammation....
You mean a nasty infection that almost killed him, not inflammation. He was coming close to turning septic at some point... 😱😬 That's what I mean when I say there's a bright side, I mean, he survived that. 👍👌

He is better and seems to be slowly recovering. He is outside in a wheelchair in his latest short video. He didn't give details of his infection, said he'll discuss it at a later time. Breathing was much improved. Its the 33rd day after surgery. Paul complained about the hospital bed being not very comfortable. Caroline was outside with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think he’s gonna make it. How amazing that will be! I remember when he was originally diagnosed his situation seemed as dire as it could possibly get, and now he’s 99% free of the cancer! The doctors said they’re confident treatment can kill the remaining bit and it was better not to operate wherever it was located.

I think he’s gonna make it. How amazing that will be! I remember when he was originally diagnosed his situation seemed as dire as it could possibly get, and now he’s 99% free of the cancer! The doctors said they’re confident treatment can kill the remaining bit and it was better not to operate wherever it was located.
That would really be amazing. Where did you get this new information from?

Reactions: 2
That would really be amazing. Where did you get this new information from?
I went back and watched the video and way I worded it was wrong. Caroline said that after the operation, the doctor gave a rating from a scale to explain how much of the disease was removed. She said that zero would mean it was completely gone, and Paul was given a score of one. She says that after the operation, the expectation is that the treatment for the bit that is still there will allow him to “come out of this disease-free.”

It’s in this video starting at 1:40:

• Heart
I went back and watched the video and way I worded it was wrong. Caroline said that after the operation, the doctor gave a rating from a scale to explain how much of the disease was removed. She said that zero would mean it was completely gone, and Paul was given a score of one. She says that after the operation, the expectation is that the treatment for the bit that is still there will allow him to “come out of this disease-free.”

It’s in this video starting at 1:40:

Thank you!
So there is still a bit of cancer in the small intestine but it's very tiny and they are hoping the heated chemo will take care of it. It's implied that he is still receiving the heated chemo?

Listening to her I'm even more certain that I would never opt to have this surgery. The amount of discomfort and pain is too much.

Reactions: 1
Paul posted another video. He sounds so much better! He's getting out of the hospital and back to the apt tomorrow. Can't link the video because it's restricted by YouTube.

Paul looks and sounds much better. What would he do without Caroline? We all need a Caroline in our life! She's really been taking great care of him. He still sounds a little forgetful and confused and she's so good at reminding him what to say that could be interesting information to his viewers.

Of course he had to mention Jenny Apple's death and have a little cry. He's always been obsessed with the Pog family and Jenny. He had a hair cut in Jenny's honour? Hmm ok. I guess Paul wouldn't be Paul if he didn't say something silly / soppy at some point in the video. 😆

Attachments

• Haha
New video from Paul today. Good news is he's been discharged from the hospital and is now in Bezinna House. A big step up in his recovery. He also goes through the histopathology report and gives some details there. It's obviously overwhelming all he's been through, and he's quite emotional throughout. Hopefully things ease for him soon on that front. I'm sure once he's home that will help too.

Poor thing, he's alive but psychologically destroyed. Hopefully he will be able to recover mentally too.

This woman (aged 39) has the same cancer (pseudomyxoma peritonei) as Paul and also had the HIPEC surgery. She is considered cancer free now. I'm reading her instagram posts now. She had hallucinations and delirium more than a week after the operation. Like Paul. Other than that, it does not seem she had infections or complications. No pulmonary embolism.

---
She did have less organs removed though and she has no stoma bag.
---
It's very interesting. She includes her post op histopathology report.
---
Or it's a report from before the MOAS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Paul is back in Perth, he and Caroline arrived Thursday. He says he's doing ok. Said his Dr. encouraged him to drink alcohol because it helps with weight gain. Does that sound safe lol? I wouldn't think that'd be the best thing to do since he's probably on many? meds and trying to heal but who knows.
At the end of Update 95 he shows a photo of him in underwear and you can see how much weight he's lost. But he sounds much better, hopefully being back home will quicken the healing and his mood.

Good to hear Paul looking and sounding better. Glad they are back in Perth, having a full support system at home will really help. The drinking alcohol bit took me aback too... what the heck..

Good to hear Paul looking and sounding better. Glad they are back in Perth, having a full support system at home will really help. The drinking alcohol bit took me aback too... what the heck..
Pretty strange about the alcohol since Canada is now saying more than 2 drinks a week is a health hazard and can cause cancer and there is a campaign to put cancer warning labels on alcohol.

It comes to show how ignorant most doctors are when it comes to health and nutrition. They only think in terms of macronutrients and calories, it's ridiculous. Alcohol is poison. ☠

Pretty strange about the alcohol since Canada is now saying more than 2 drinks a week is a health hazard and can cause cancer and there is a campaign to put cancer warning labels on alcohol.
People don't seem to know about the risks of alcohol and smoking.
They downplay lung cancer risk from smoking because lots of people smoke and might not get lung cancer. They don't know that alcohol and smoking also increase the risk of cervical and other cancers.