Part Time Working Mummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it would be very useful for people who follow these sorts of accounts to see. They aren’t harmful to me personally as I am quite secure in myself, but I see people I know who are lacking self-esteem/vulnerable in some way getting drawn into it and I think that’s really sad.

Reactions: 6
dw About ten do what you need to do. I’d like to know her real intentions if I’m honest.

Reactions: 4
I say go for it. I think people would genuinely be interested, I know I am😂. Its like people have said before, you have done the right thing and gone to herself first but the longer she has ignored you the more sus it's become

Reactions: 7
Please publish it. I quizzed Josh about what he was raising money for with a raffle and got a vague answer "to assist Rach with DV charities". I wanna know where all the raffle money went to from her book tour as well as the PayPal funds. It needs to be accounted for.

Reactions: 9
Please publish it. I quizzed Josh about what he was raising money for with a raffle and got a vague answer "to assist Rach with DV charities". I wanna know where all the raffle money went to from her book tour as well as the PayPal funds. It needs to be accounted for.
Ok thank you everyone. I will leave the link on here by Friday (hopefully Thursday.)
Honestly. Thanks though. This has been a tricky one for me xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16
Ok thank you everyone. I will leave the link on here by Friday (hopefully Thursday.)
It's a very difficult situation to put yourself in. I'll be honest, I was really hoping that she would have got back to you by now to explain things. If she could say that she pays herself minimum wage for an hour or two a day with that money then I think most people who donate to the page would understand that, provided she actually put in a couple of hours work a day into helping people. But it's all very vague and avoiding direct questions/allegations is shady as hell.

I will definitely be sharing the article far and wide. It puts the information out there and then it's up to the people who donate to decide what they want to do. But they have a right to know where their hard earned money is going.

I complained to the ASA about the rescue remedy ads on her stories. They replied saying it had been deleted (obviously, because they're only there for 24 hours) and they can't do anything once it has been removed. I don't get why so many people are hellbent on not declaring ads and using crappy loopholes like this to get around it. Being advertised to in this secretive way has an impact on mental health. It has most definitely had an impact on mine in the past, and it makes me so sad to see that someone who claims to champion women and wellbeing and mental health is actually doing the exact opposite.

Reactions: 5
I’m with you, do it! Actually if I’m being greedy I’d like you to do a series on lots of instagrammers 😂 you have given her more than enough time to answer either way. X

Definitely go for it! It’ll do more good than harm! As a victim of childhood and domestic abuse, people abusing these kinds of situations for their own gain is absolutely disgusting; and is not excused by however much charity work they ‘do’! If she truly believed in what she says she does then she would be fully transparent in where that money is going!

Reactions: 3
It's a very difficult situation to put yourself in. I'll be honest, I was really hoping that she would have got back to you by now to explain things. If she could say that she pays herself minimum wage for an hour or two a day with that money then I think most people who donate to the page would understand that, provided she actually put in a couple of hours work a day into helping people. But it's all very vague and avoiding direct questions/allegations is shady as hell.

I will definitely be sharing the article far and wide. It puts the information out there and then it's up to the people who donate to decide what they want to do. But they have a right to know where their hard earned money is going.

I complained to the ASA about the rescue remedy ads on her stories. They replied saying it had been deleted (obviously, because they're only there for 24 hours) and they can't do anything once it has been removed. I don't get why so many people are hellbent on not declaring ads and using crappy loopholes like this to get around it. Being advertised to in this secretive way has an impact on mental health. It has most definitely had an impact on mine in the past, and it makes me so sad to see that someone who claims to champion women and wellbeing and mental health is actually doing the exact opposite.
So people can do ads on their stories without disclosing ? That’s so bad!!

You actually hit the nail on the head with how my thinking has been on this and why it’s important.
Thank you
I will obviously give her the right to respond in the article. So you never know. I’m a firm believer in hoping people do the right thing x

Reactions: 2
I need some help with this 😩. So I have enough information as of today to write an article myself about unregulated charity donations through PayPal on the PTWM website (with a couple of side bits on the Facebook page as a whole.) BUT, I don’t really want to farm it out to newspapers and or magazines to get paid for. (That seems counterintuitive, if I try to make money from writing about someone who is writing about other people to make money, if you get me.)
So I can do it and put it on Buzzfeed.

Now as I have said, this kind of thing is not my usual writing topic of choice. So in terms of what people would be interested in, I’m stuck. Morally I have no problem sharing as it is about a public person. Personally I’m not so sure because (A) her behaviour has changed lately (but that could be contrived I don’t know.) Though, (B) The PayPal is still active, with no explanation from her.

So what I’m really asking is do you, all the people watching this thread, think? Yes people would want to know or no, leave it alone?

I know this probably seems odd. But I’m not really a part of the whole mummy scene. I never joined netmums or any other forum etc, so I literally have no idea what the community would or would not care about.

I could do it by Friday. I just need people to tell me they want to see it or I can leave it alone. Either way I’m not that bothered (and to be honest a little bored by PTWM now 😂😂. I can’t see what the attraction is for people to follow the accounts anyway, well apart from dodgy side of it all.)

Could you let me know by liking this comment or something. Thanks 👍✌
Yes do it I know she does a lot of good and I like her on the most part but people who are donating in good faith should know where their money is going.

Yes do it I know she does a lot of good and I like her on the most part but people who are donating in good faith should know where their money is going.
I liked her , I’m re reading the book and there just seem to be so many things I had failed to notice. Older kids dad left his partner and kids for her ( 1st affair) so IF josh was with someone that would be 2 affairs. She says her mum left January 1986, she remembers it so clearly as she was 4. She was born May 1982 so she would have been 3?

I need some help with this 😩. So I have enough information as of today to write an article myself about unregulated charity donations through PayPal on the PTWM website (with a couple of side bits on the Facebook page as a whole.) BUT, I don’t really want to farm it out to newspapers and or magazines to get paid for. (That seems counterintuitive, if I try to make money from writing about someone who is writing about other people to make money, if you get me.)
So I can do it and put it on Buzzfeed.

Now as I have said, this kind of thing is not my usual writing topic of choice. So in terms of what people would be interested in, I’m stuck. Morally I have no problem sharing as it is about a public person. Personally I’m not so sure because (A) her behaviour has changed lately (but that could be contrived I don’t know.) Though, (B) The PayPal is still active, with no explanation from her.

So what I’m really asking is do you, all the people watching this thread, think? Yes people would want to know or no, leave it alone?

I know this probably seems odd. But I’m not really a part of the whole mummy scene. I never joined netmums or any other forum etc, so I literally have no idea what the community would or would not care about.

I could do it by Friday. I just need people to tell me they want to see it or I can leave it alone. Either way I’m not that bothered (and to be honest a little bored by PTWM now 😂😂. I can’t see what the attraction is for people to follow the accounts anyway, well apart from dodgy side of it all.)

Could you let me know by liking this comment or something. Thanks 👍✌
I am not sure it is even about mummies or the community, I think it is about something bigger. If somebody, anybody, is collecting money via Paypal and not being clear about where it is going / what they are doing with it then people who have/could donate would be very interested. Maybe this shouldnt just be about PTWM, but more of a "do you know where the money is going when you donate via Paypal" type story, and then use her as example?

PayPal might be interested too as they have very strict rules on money laundering / not collecting money for charity as a guise to syphon it off. They might be able to add a comment to your article.

I'd certainly be interested in reading it

I wonder if people donate to her as a friend/family or as a business so she pays PayPal fees? She’s registered as a business so presumably it should be the latter?

I wonder if people donate to her as a friend/family or as a business so she pays PayPal fees? She’s registered as a business so presumably it should be the latter?
Ohhhhh they would shut her down and keep everything in the account. 🤔 I’ve just looked at her profile and she’s going on about trolls. Not sure it’s trolling if looking for answers to a few questions.

I liked her , I’m re reading the book and there just seem to be so many things I had failed to notice. Older kids dad left his partner and kids for her ( 1st affair) so IF josh was with someone that would be 2 affairs. She says her mum left January 1986, she remembers it so clearly as she was 4. She was born May 1982 so she would have been 3?
yeah people seem to over look she stole two women’s husbands.
Not sure what that shows more, that women are okay with stealing other peoples partners or her following are to stupid to realise what she’s done 🤷🏼‍♀️

yeah people seem to over look she stole two women’s husbands.
Not sure what that shows more, that women are okay with stealing other peoples partners or her following are to stupid to realise what she’s done 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think this is why I had such difficulty reading the book...it’s not so much the way it was written, but the fact that none of it actually made any sense? She seemed to tell the story of her first husband as “oh nothing at all happened then suddenly we were living together with a baby against my will” I just didn’t understand and felt then she was leaving a hell of a lot out 🤷‍♀️

I think this is why I had such difficulty reading the book...it’s not so much the way it was written, but the fact that none of it actually made any sense? She seemed to tell the story of her first husband as “oh nothing at all happened then suddenly we were living together with a baby against my will” I just didn’t understand and felt then she was leaving a hell of a lot out 🤷‍♀️
I think she leaves out the incriminating bits that make her look bad. Which must be a lot as none of it makes sense 😩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.