Oscar Pistorius

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s out. Back home (presumed to be at his uncle’s luxury mansion) and free.
Conditions of his parole include not speaking to the media until his sentence expires in 5 years time, so at least we won’t have to see his smug face for a while longer.

Reactions: 20
Reeva's parents conducted themselves with such dignity through this case. I honestly don't know how on earth they managed it knowing what she went through in her last moments on this earth.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Reeva's parents conducted themselves with such dignity through this case. I honestly don't know how on earth they managed it knowing what she went through in her last moments on this earth.
I absolutely agree. June’s statement about his release is heartbreaking, but so well written. The fact she has to face today without her husband too, just makes me so sad.
I hope Pistorius is miserable, I really do.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
He’s out. Back home (presumed to be at his uncle’s luxury mansion) and free.
Conditions of his parole include not speaking to the media until his sentence expires in 5 years time, so at least we won’t have to see his smug face for a while longer.
No doubt he will find a way to get around it. I give it a month if that, and we will get 'sources' telling us about 'poor' Oscar who has paid for what he did so why can't people just leave him alone now to get on with his life...the usual where those who do things like this act as if it was something trivial they did and not them murdering someone they claimed to love in cold blood.

I hate to say it but I give it a year and no doubt we will get some documentary/true crime thing where he will put his point across because they know people will watch. There are still those who believe he is innocent and it was a 'mistake' as well as those willing to ignore the evidence because he is a well-known figure. I remember a documentary a few years back about it on BBC IIRC and it was supposed to be neutral but they went so easy on him to the point it got so many bad reviews they had to take it off the network.

Reactions: 6
No doubt he will find a way to get around it. I give it a month if that, and we will get 'sources' telling us about 'poor' Oscar who has paid for what he did so why can't people just leave him alone now to get on with his life...the usual where those who do things like this act as if it was something trivial they did and not them murdering someone they claimed to love in cold blood.

I hate to say it but I give it a year and no doubt we will get some documentary/true crime thing where he will put his point across because they know people will watch. There are still those who believe he is innocent and it was a 'mistake' as well as those willing to ignore the evidence because he is a well-known figure. I remember a documentary a few years back about it on BBC IIRC and it was supposed to be neutral but they went so easy on him to the point it got so many bad reviews they had to take it off the network.
Sadly, I think you’re probably right. The headlines today are already angering me. Leading with him being a ‘sporting superstar’ and ‘fallen hero’, expressing concern for him leaving prison looking grey and bloated with a smoking habit. The papers are also claiming that he’s afraid that someone will kill him. I say good - I hope he lives in fear as Reeva did that night.

• Sad
Reactions: 10