Oscar Pistorius

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you provide evidence for your statements

- I fail to accept anyone else‘s view?
I don‘t accept that it has been proven that there was an argument, he chased her and shot her - because this was not prove. I accept it as a possibility, but not as a truth.
Likewise, I stated it was „possible“ that he made a mistake or was panicked. I never said that This was the absolute truth.
If someone says „I think it is more likely“: fine
If Someone says: „Your suggestion is absurd and you are stupid and defending DV“: not fine. And this is what I stand up again as everyone‘s view should be respected

- I insinuated that the parent‘s acted wrongly in accepting money from Oscar? I merely shared a link and didn‘t even comment. How can you draw this conclusion?
Rhetorical - should we respect the views of those who think the Earth is flat.

Reactions: 1
Can you provide evidence for your statements

- I fail to accept anyone else‘s view?
I don‘t accept that it has been proven that there was an argument, he chased her and shot her - because this was not prove. I accept it as a possibility, but not as a truth.
Likewise, I stated it was „possible“ that he made a mistake or was panicked. I never said that This was the absolute truth.
If someone says „I think it is more likely“: fine
If Someone says: „Your suggestion is absurd and you are stupid and defending DV“: not fine. And this is what I stand up again as everyone‘s view should be respected

- I insinuated that the parent‘s acted wrongly in accepting money from Oscar? I merely shared a link and didn‘t even comment. How can you draw this conclusion?

You seem to just want to fight your point that there is a very very slim chance that there *might* be another point of view. That’s the point of a debate - you’ve put forward your point of view and people are responding why they disagree. Then you complain about there being other points of view and people can’t see them. If you’re not persuading people to your way of thinking then it’s either that you’re not arguing your opinion very well, or your opinion has no merit.

You sort of did defend DA - you said he apologised and explained his way of thinking. Oh well that makes it ok then? You can control and abuse me but you’ve explained why and apologised? His responses after were irrelevant, he still did the incidents outlined in her messages, therefore is an abuser.

In terms of the link, you provided it when people were commenting on how well Reeva’s family had handled the situation (rightly so). You were clearly insinuating something or why else would you put it? What relevance was it to the discussion?

Reactions: 6
- Of course the text exchange also showed loving messages. That’s a typical abusive relationship, it’s not all bad. But 4 times in 4 months is quite a lot. They were in the honeymoon period, if he was starting controlling behaviour already that shows a lot IMO.

- I guess we only have his word for that, and it would be arguable either way.

- I don’t know the layout of his bedroom but logic dictates that if you turned away from the bed to move the fans you’d have to turn back to face the bed to leave the room. It would be impossible his bed was that big he couldn’t see the full bed.

- She had her phone with her, so if he was shouting and she hid why was there no evidence of her attempting to call the police?

- Where she was indicates they were having a conversation. If you were hiding from an intruder human nature dictates you wouldn’t be stood against the door, you would hide further back.

- The expert in court said the injuries to Reeva showed after the first shot she started to fall down and the other shots hit her as she was falling. Therefore they could tell there was a delay between the first shot at the rest. So she would have cried out, you don’t get your hip blasted off and remain silent. So he had to know it was her, the continued to shoot.

It’s an interesting one isn’t it. Good to see the different views and potential ways people would’ve acted on the night.
Thank you, this is more argumentative and not hostile.

But two comments I also debated:
- The way she stood could also indicate that she might have been alert and listening to see if there was an intruder.
- The gap between the first shot and the other shots has been mentioned, but one expert also said that after being shot in the hip with exploding ammunition the impact and pain results in shock and so the victim collapses but doesn’t scream straight away due to the shock.

You haven’t answered my questions but I won’t press you on them

You seem to just want to fight your point that there is a very very slim chance that there *might* be another point of view. That’s the point of a debate - you’ve put forward your point of view and people are responding why they disagree. Then you complain about there being other points of view and people can’t see them. If you’re not persuading people to your way of thinking then it’s either that you’re not arguing your opinion very well, or your opinion has no merit.

You sort of did defend DA - you said he apologised and explained his way of thinking. Oh well that makes it ok then? You can control and abuse me but you’ve explained why and apologised? His responses after were irrelevant, he still did the incidents outlined in her messages, therefore is an abuser.

In terms of the link, you provided it when people were commenting on how well Reeva’s family had handled the situation (rightly so). You were clearly insinuating something or why else would you put it? What relevance was it to the discussion?
„People are responding why they disagree“: HOW did they respond? You provided arguments, but who else? I recall accusations of defending an abuser, asking whether the earth is flat, referring To excrements etc.
In what way am a not respecting your opinion?

Sorry, I didn’t defend DA. They clearly argued and Oscar seemed needy and difficult but it has not even been proven that there was DA. It was demonstrated that there were argument.
Again: I said he apologized, but I didn’t say that this would excuse it. I was just providing further information.
And you will find that these kind of petty quarrels due to jealousy are quite frequent in relationships.

I provided the link showing the parents accepted money to provide information. Maybe the parents acted in a certain way as they received money and they were restricted in what they could say due to the payments.

Is it normal that a killer makes voluntary payments to the parents of his victim? I don’t know, I haven’t heard of it before.

I feel like I need to re-iterate what I said because people put words in my mouth that I never said or state something that is not true.

Yes, it would be much easier to simply say “Ok, I just leave it and let them think what they want”, but I don’t accept this behavior. One one side they say ”Reeva was verbally abused“, but they don’t see that they do the same here.
I am also entitled to stand up for myself.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Oscar Pistorius fans/friends/family still defending him or looking to his excuse his conviction. Whilst everyone else is condemning his behaviour - cue the ‘I’m an impartial contributor’ responses.

Those in the later catergory need to abandon the thread so the ‘free OP love in’ can continue....it will look completely absurd then. Glad I stopped engaging with these people.
In this thread I haven't seen anyone defending him, looking to excuse his conviction, arguing that he should be freed or that the conviction was incorrect.

The facts are pretty clear, he murdered the person behind the door. Your opinion may be that he was frightening Reeva and she ran to hide, but you do not KNOW that. All we know are the actions he took, we will never know what he was thinking at that time.

And for the record I am certainly not impartial, I thought he was a complete prick well before the murder!

Reactions: 8
In this thread I haven't seen anyone defending him, looking to excuse his conviction, arguing that he should be freed or that the conviction was incorrect.

The facts are pretty clear, he murdered the person behind the door. Your opinion may be that he was frightening Reeva and she ran to hide, but you do not KNOW that. All we know are the actions he took, we will never know what he was thinking at that time.

And for the record I am certainly not impartial, I thought he was a complete prick well before the murder!
I completely agree with this and was going to state something similar but you have written it far more eloquently!

People have simply been exploring the possibilities that were brought about from his account and within the case. Hardly a free OP or #teampistorius movement!

Reactions: 7
He absolutely should not be free or lesser sentence, he did kill her

But unfortunately the facts of WHY he did it will always only be known to him, obviously he’s going to deny it, as it can never be proven by anyone. The only thing that was proven was that he did kill her and he didn’t deny that. With the payments, did they drop a civil trial against him and perhaps settle, so that they did not have to go through another trial? This was a criminal trial not a civil lawsuit

It is similar to OJ trial in many ways, with not enough evidence or facts to ever actually know the real truth, only piecing together fragments of what could have happened

Reactions: 4
He is a murdering piece of tit and deserves no mercy. He shot all those bullets through that door knowing it would kill whoever was on the other side- and frankly I don’t believe his bullshit about thinking it was an intruder. If you hear a noise in the night then you’d check your partner was next to you in bed before going and shooting through the loo door several times.
wanker. RIP Reeva.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Personally, I find this man to be beyond arrogant with his comments that Reeva Steenkamp would not want him to be ‘wasting his life’ in prison(!) What gives him the right to speak for someone not even here today due to his actions?
The fact that he still thinks like that just tells me that he’s a dangerous nutcase who should never be allowed out of prison.
He’s clearly learned nothing.

Reactions: 17
A
He is a murdering piece of tit and deserves no mercy. He shot all those bullets through that door knowing it would kill whoever was on the other side- and frankly I don’t believe his bullshit about thinking it was an intruder. If you hear a noise in the night then you’d check your partner was next to you in bed before going and shooting through the loo door several times.
wanker. RIP Reeva.
Absolutely this. He clearly intended to kill the person behind the door without (according to him) knowing who they were and if they were in fact armed. You absolutely check on where your partner is before firing. His story that he assumed she was still in the bed when he got out is rubbish. If you are disturbed by a noise in the night surely the first thing you do is check with your partner? From the evidence presented he knew exactly what he was doing and who he was shooting. He should not get parole and should have been given a life sentence.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thrilled for the Steenkamps. The thought of him being released so soon must have been awful for them. Hope Pistorius was seriously angry about it, vile specimen.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank goodness. The Steenkamps have been through hell. They deserved this result, at the very least.

So, latest news is that he has been eligible for parole since March of this year but that has only just been confirmed due to a debate over when his sentence actually started. What a mess.

But he’s officially over half way through his sentence and can now be granted parole. It genuinely makes me feel sick that he gets to walk around as a free man, so soon after what he did.

• Angry
  • Sick
He has been released from prison. I hope he is monitered for the rest of his life.
Me too, but he absolutely won’t be. It makes me sick that he’s served such a short amount of time. I’m now intrigued to see what his next move will be. Selling his story of the innocent, wronged athlete? Getting back to competing? Trying a TV career? Nothing would surprise me, such is his arrogance and ego.

Reactions: 8