Orlaith Donlon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve often seen people criticizing family bloggers for over exposing their children, but I’ve seen Orlaith be praised because she cleans her floors herself. She exploits her children as much as any other mum blogger with a less pleasing aesthetic. The difference with her is while her kids, and many of their personal details, are plastered over her insta, she is almost completely absent. I think that is wrong. At one point she storied Rua in the bath naked with his genitals in full view. I have a 2 year old boy and wouldn’t send a pic like that in a family WhatsApp, never mind post it on insta gram to tens of thousands of people.

I actually wonder how she will cope when her identity isn't connected to breastfeeding or looking after young children. She’ll almost certainly have another though.
You have put onto words exactly what I have been thinking. She has become all about making it a business but it's the kids that are the main feature.
It is very unfair on the kids.

Reactions: 3
It's a 3 bed semi not 4. It will be a squeeze as the kids get bigger.
I hadn't heard the she was rude in real life but we only see a couple of minutes of her day. The pressure of 4 kids and one permanently on oxygen. What is Rua condition?
I genuinely wonder where she will put them all when they get older. The older 3 share a bunk. Good luck getting away with that when they’re teenagers.

Reactions: 1
I really like her sometimes, my house has a similar vibe so I get where she comes from but sometimes I feel a bit off about her sharing her kids and their illnesses. I just don’t know if she is doing it all for Instagram or because that’s how she actually wants to live her life. Everything is a bit too staged

I genuinely wonder where she will put them all when they get older. The older 3 share a bunk. Good luck getting away with that when they’re teenagers.
Yeah, even within the next year Leo will want his own space. He seems like a very reserved, kind child. The box room is a play room that could be turned into a bedroom for one of them. I wonder have they room to extend. Orlaith said the house was left to them so they don't have a mortgage other than whatever renovation they did so they probably could afford a extension. I do think she lives her life through the children and wants to keep them all in a tight unit. That could easily backfire on her

Is this thread just for mother shaming?
My kids eat skit more junk than what I’ve seen hers having 😂
Not mum shaming. It's a fact they eat to much sweet stuff and eating regular food doesn't negate that.

I trained in the hospital she worked in and in absolutely no way was she rude. One of the most lovely, kind girls and exactly as she is on Instagram.
I have also heard stories from others who worked with her and found her downright rude, arrogant, full of herself and unhelpful.
I don't know her so I can't say. Maybe it's she is shy or uncomfortable around people. She is also not popular with the school mums who claim she is standoffish and rude.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Ive never once noticed the kids eating loads of junk, so what if they get a cupcake once or twice a week. Id love if my lot ate even half the healthy food hers do. Ive had interactions with her in the past and she was so lovely, maybe she might be more standoffish since rua is sick and thats totally understandable too.

Yeah, even within the next year Leo will want his own space. He seems like a very reserved, kind child. The box room is a play room that could be turned into a bedroom for one of them. I wonder have they room to extend. Orlaith said the house was left to them so they don't have a mortgage other than whatever renovation they did so they probably could afford a extension. I do think she lives her life through the children and wants to keep them all in a tight unit. That could easily backfire on her

Not mum shaming. It's a fact they eat to much sweet stuff and eating regular food doesn't negate that.

I have also heard stories from others who worked with her and found her downright rude, arrogant, full of herself and unhelpful.
I don't know her so I can't say. Maybe it's she is shy or uncomfortable around people. She is also not popular with the school mums who claim she is standoffish and rude.
Well as a student when she was also a student and a student when she was a registered midwife, I found her lovely and very kind to the women. What more can I say.
I also work with a lady who knows herself and her family well and she only has good things to say about her. I think she’s doing a great job as a mum. Some people are just made for it.
Edited to add- her kids seem to eat really well, not sure where the comments on rubbish food came from, I often see her stories and wish my kids ate so well!

Reactions: 4
To be fair I think the kids have an amazing diet and I would love if mine would eat half the things hers do! However I often wonder if her little girl would like to be wearing nice dresses etc? Maybe she doesn’t and that’s obviously fine but any little girls I know who are that age love getting dressed up in pink and frilly things!

Any chance we could have a thread on Mam of four and more??

I worked with Orlaith and she was a real mean girl. She would ignore, isolate and make comments to belittle those who weren't in her little group. I moved job, mainly because I found work so stressful because of her. She was very professional in dealing with patients but didn't show the same courtesy to all her fellow colleagues. I wasn't the only one to suffer with her and her pals.
I have only seen her once since and she hadn't changed. Looking me up and down. Snide little comments. Not surprised in the least that she has rubbed the other school mums up the wrong way.
I watch her Instagram feed sometimes and would agree she is a loving mother doing the best for children but she is a control freak who has a picture of her and her families perfect life. She is going to find it very tough when the kids rebel and don't want to wear 40 shades of beige and want Barbie or whatever plastic toy is the current fad. The kids do eat a lot of sugar. The m&m, cakes, chocolate and ice cream etc. With her background she should know better. Just because they eat buda bowls doesn't make this ok.
I wish her the best and hope she will be nicer to people in the future than she was in the past. The kids are adorable and I hope Rua will be ok.

Reactions: 8
Well as a student when she was also a student and a student when she was a registered midwife, I found her lovely and very kind to the women. What more can I say.
I also work with a lady who knows herself and her family well and she only has good things to say about her. I think she’s doing a great job as a mum. Some people are just made for it.
Edited to add- her kids seem to eat really well, not sure where the comments on rubbish food came from, I often see her stories and wish my kids ate so well!
I think she goes all out on the treats sometimes (e.g. cinnamon buns, almond crossaints, she showed a 5kg bag of fizzy jellies recently enough) but they seem infrequent enough. She's on the bigger side herself though, which is why I think she doesn't show herself much. The extent to which she exposes her children, and how her entire identity is related to them is a way bigger problem, in my opinion.

She pisses me off preaching about sustainability, while getting €40 organic cotton t-shirts for her 1 year old gifted. If she was really into sustainability, she'd dress her younger boys in what her eldest one wore (she's always said they planned on lots of children so it's not like she'd have gotten rid of everything and then been surprised by another boy after Isla) but it doesn't fit her contrived aesthetic, which is why she doesn't. All brand new clothes, and wooden toys, have a carbon footprint by virtue of their production and transportation through supply chains, regardless of what they're made of.

Reactions: 4
I worked with Orlaith and she was a real mean girl. She would ignore, isolate and make comments to belittle those who weren't in her little group. I moved job, mainly because I found work so stressful because of her. She was very professional in dealing with patients but didn't show the same courtesy to all her fellow colleagues. I wasn't the only one to suffer with her and her pals.
I have only seen her once since and she hadn't changed. Looking me up and down. Snide little comments. Not surprised in the least that she has rubbed the other school mums up the wrong way.
I watch her Instagram feed sometimes and would agree she is a loving mother doing the best for children but she is a control freak who has a picture of her and her families perfect life. She is going to find it very tough when the kids rebel and don't want to wear 40 shades of beige and want Barbie or whatever plastic toy is the current fad. The kids do eat a lot of sugar. The m&m, cakes, chocolate and ice cream etc. With her background she should know better. Just because they eat buda bowls doesn't make this ok.
I wish her the best and hope she will be nicer to people in the future than she was in the past. The kids are adorable and I hope Rua will be ok.
I am sorry you had to suffer from what is effectively bullying in the work place.

Blooming heck. Sorry you experienced that but it seems she is not the sweetie she like to portray.

Nothing from her at all on insta since this thread started more or less. Wonder is that a coincidence?

She was in and out of hospital recently with her son, it could be that. Hopefully all is ok 🤞🏻

Nothing from her at all on insta since this thread started more or less. Wonder is that a coincidence?
I was wondering that as well. Eli was in hospital but she had documented all that so I can't see her stopping that.
I am sure she will be back once she has reflected on it all. Hopefully nothing wrong with the kids. They are adorable

Most Instagramer go silent if anything negative is posted about them. Quite often coming back complaining about trolls. Hopefully Orlaith won't do that.
I also hope that the kids are ok. They are so sweet. Poor Rua in oxygen most of the time. What is his condition? Eli with a sore leg and thr craziness of back to school so she probably just has her hands full.

Most Instagramer go silent if anything negative is posted about them. Quite often coming back complaining about trolls. Hopefully Orlaith won't do that.
I also hope that the kids are ok. They are so sweet. Poor Rua in oxygen most of the time. What is his condition? Eli with a sore leg and thr craziness of back to school so she probably just has her hands full.
I believe she said it was a childhood interstitial lung disease but couldn’t be sure exactly which without a lung biopsy, which she understandably didn’t want to put Rua through. She did say the doctor thought he might ‘grow out of it’ as he gets older and will require less oxygen but it’s uncertain. Hopefully that’s the case

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.