Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jc87

I trained in the hospital she worked in and in absolutely no way was she rude. One of the most lovely, kind girls and exactly as she is on Instagram.

Reactions: 9

Puddle Duck

I worked with Orlaith and she was a real mean girl. She would ignore, isolate and make comments to belittle those who weren't in her little group. I moved job, mainly because I found work so stressful because of her. She was very professional in dealing with patients but didn't show the same courtesy to all her fellow colleagues. I wasn't the only one to suffer with her and her pals.
I have only seen her once since and she hadn't changed. Looking me up and down. Snide little comments. Not surprised in the least that she has rubbed the other school mums up the wrong way.
I watch her Instagram feed sometimes and would agree she is a loving mother doing the best for children but she is a control freak who has a picture of her and her families perfect life. She is going to find it very tough when the kids rebel and don't want to wear 40 shades of beige and want Barbie or whatever plastic toy is the current fad. The kids do eat a lot of sugar. The m&m, cakes, chocolate and ice cream etc. With her background she should know better. Just because they eat buda bowls doesn't make this ok.
I wish her the best and hope she will be nicer to people in the future than she was in the past. The kids are adorable and I hope Rua will be ok.

Reactions: 8

MarieLou

I’ve met Orlaith numerous times, I’ve only ever seen her to be quiet personable. She has a serious demeanour but is friendly. She doesn’t suffer fools and there are quiet a few of them at the school gates so maybe that’s where that came from 😂

Reactions: 7
I’ve often seen people criticizing family bloggers for over exposing their children, but I’ve seen Orlaith be praised because she cleans her floors herself. She exploits her children as much as any other mum blogger with a less pleasing aesthetic. The difference with her is while her kids, and many of their personal details, are plastered over her insta, she is almost completely absent. I think that is wrong. At one point she storied Rua in the bath naked with his genitals in full view. I have a 2 year old boy and wouldn’t send a pic like that in a family WhatsApp, never mind post it on insta gram to tens of thousands of people.

I actually wonder how she will cope when her identity isn't connected to breastfeeding or looking after young children. She’ll almost certainly have another though.

Reactions: 6

Fatface

VIP Member
Follow her and really like her. Her home is impressive and her kids are gorgeous. Has gone through so much with HG and her youngest’s illness. Plus her third is in hospital now. Really feel for her

Reactions: 5

Incredulous

No I get this, I liked her too but then started to feel like there’s something a bit off. It’s as if so much is for show and maintaining an aesthetic. So much buns, cakes, cinnamon rolls and where she finds the time to make so many films showing this??? I feel for her with her sons condition but the children seem to be in the hospital a lot with different injuries. Probably doesn’t help that she’s always got little ones sitting precariously on work benches, tables etc. My feeling is she tries very hard to appear not try hard.

sugs10

Orlaith has just posted that her little boy Eli has cancer. I actually feel sick to my stomach, this world is so cruel

• Sad

Goldvoya

Seriously?? Their grazing plates look so healthy and would love if my kids ate half what they do
I
Is this thread just for mother shaming?
My kids eat skit more junk than what I’ve seen hers having 😂
Mum shaming... seriously??? This is a thread for discussing Instagramers and what they put up. If you think its mum shaming you are definitely on the wrong forum.
Yes, the kids eat veg, fruit, pasta, meat etc but the amount of chocolate, ice cream, cakes and sweets is shocking.
The fillings will tell the tale in the end.

No I get this, I liked her too but then started to feel like there’s something a bit off. It’s as if so much is for show and maintaining an aesthetic. So much buns, cakes, cinnamon rolls and where she finds the time to make so many films showing this??? I feel for her with her sons condition but the children seem to be in the hospital a lot with different injuries. Probably doesn’t help that she’s always got little ones sitting precariously on work benches, tables etc. My feeling is she tries very hard to appear not try hard.
It gives me heart failure when I see her little kids sitting on the counter tops, table and she is quite a few feet from then. If they fall they will get a good old whack. Also the sink baths and her across the room. They could easily turn on the hot tap and get s serious burn in a split second. I out mine on the counter but I am holding them or shielding them from falling with my body. I have also given many sink baths but never moved from the sink, not across the room filming them and if anyone thinks that's mum shaming its actually just basic child safety.

All the clothes the kids wear are so beige and boring and old fashioned!
Yes, it doesn't have to be pink or blue but a bit of colour.

Last edited:
I've messaged her on a number of occasions and has always replied and always so lovely and courteous Love her posts and find it all very calming. No way I could Iive that life but it seems to suit them

Reactions: 4

Irishjools

I follow. I love her stories, love when there are loads, which there isnt very often. Completely unrelatable. But I'm sure we only see a couple of minutes in a day. I wonder how much pressure does she put on herself to continue posting in the same aesthetic day after day? Dislike the way she constantly films and shares her kids but rarely shows herself. I would completely recognise them if I bumped into them.

MarieLou

Is this thread just for mother shaming?
My kids eat skit more junk than what I’ve seen hers having 😂

Pandakitten

Chatty Member
Well as a student when she was also a student and a student when she was a registered midwife, I found her lovely and very kind to the women. What more can I say.
I also work with a lady who knows herself and her family well and she only has good things to say about her. I think she’s doing a great job as a mum. Some people are just made for it.
Edited to add- her kids seem to eat really well, not sure where the comments on rubbish food came from, I often see her stories and wish my kids ate so well!
I think she goes all out on the treats sometimes (e.g. cinnamon buns, almond crossaints, she showed a 5kg bag of fizzy jellies recently enough) but they seem infrequent enough. She's on the bigger side herself though, which is why I think she doesn't show herself much. The extent to which she exposes her children, and how her entire identity is related to them is a way bigger problem, in my opinion.

She pisses me off preaching about sustainability, while getting €40 organic cotton t-shirts for her 1 year old gifted. If she was really into sustainability, she'd dress her younger boys in what her eldest one wore (she's always said they planned on lots of children so it's not like she'd have gotten rid of everything and then been surprised by another boy after Isla) but it doesn't fit her contrived aesthetic, which is why she doesn't. All brand new clothes, and wooden toys, have a carbon footprint by virtue of their production and transportation through supply chains, regardless of what they're made of.

Fatface

VIP Member
Yeah, maybe but still no excuse to be rude.
Also the amount of sweet stuff the kids eat. I am all for treats but they eat so much junk
What junk? Really? They seem to be constantly eating plates of vegetables I can only dream of my kids eating

Goldvoya

Most likely she is just sore at getting called out by a former colleague as a bully.
If anything was wrong with the kids she wouldn't have put her account on private.

• Angry

Jc87

Yeah, even within the next year Leo will want his own space. He seems like a very reserved, kind child. The box room is a play room that could be turned into a bedroom for one of them. I wonder have they room to extend. Orlaith said the house was left to them so they don't have a mortgage other than whatever renovation they did so they probably could afford a extension. I do think she lives her life through the children and wants to keep them all in a tight unit. That could easily backfire on her

Not mum shaming. It's a fact they eat to much sweet stuff and eating regular food doesn't negate that.

I have also heard stories from others who worked with her and found her downright rude, arrogant, full of herself and unhelpful.
I don't know her so I can't say. Maybe it's she is shy or uncomfortable around people. She is also not popular with the school mums who claim she is standoffish and rude.
Well as a student when she was also a student and a student when she was a registered midwife, I found her lovely and very kind to the women. What more can I say.
I also work with a lady who knows herself and her family well and she only has good things to say about her. I think she’s doing a great job as a mum. Some people are just made for it.
Edited to add- her kids seem to eat really well, not sure where the comments on rubbish food came from, I often see her stories and wish my kids ate so well!

Goldvoya

I’ve often seen people criticizing family bloggers for over exposing their children, but I’ve seen Orlaith be praised because she cleans her floors herself. She exploits her children as much as any other mum blogger with a less pleasing aesthetic. The difference with her is while her kids, and many of their personal details, are plastered over her insta, she is almost completely absent. I think that is wrong. At one point she storied Rua in the bath naked with his genitals in full view. I have a 2 year old boy and wouldn’t send a pic like that in a family WhatsApp, never mind post it on insta gram to tens of thousands of people.

I actually wonder how she will cope when her identity isn't connected to breastfeeding or looking after young children. She’ll almost certainly have another though.
You have put onto words exactly what I have been thinking. She has become all about making it a business but it's the kids that are the main feature.
It is very unfair on the kids.

Reactions: 3

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I have only been following her since Rua was born and really feel for her with regard to his condition. She does seem like a good mum and her account is very aesthetically pleasing - I do like how she shows real messes too (like the entire playroom floor covered in toys, not just a couple of things out of place). She’s also honest in Q&As which is refreshing. I’ve heard other ‘influencers’ (and defenders of them) argue that they are offering escapism when people accuse them of making people feel bad by portraying an unrealistic image. With Orlaith, I actually get the sense of that. The family are obviously fairly well off and own nice things but they’re not flashy either

I do think she probably goes too far for the ‘gram though. Are the kids allowed toys or clothing that doesn’t meet her aesthetic? I feel like all the neutral-toned matchy-matchiness is going to be shortlived as the kids grow up and want to express their individuality. Also I find some of the videos a bit weird, the ones where it’s like a spycam of the kids doing something mundane and acting like the camera isn’t there even though they should be able to see it. Either they’re very good at pretending or so immune to the camera they don’t notice/care...

So yeah, mixed feelings here!

Reactions: 3