Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
There's literally no reason in the world to do it. It's totally unnecessary. It makes me laugh when people try to argue that it's not for vanity/it's not materialistic. What is it then?! If you're going to do it, cool, but at least own it and be honest about your motives and don't spout some shitty excuse about it saving them from pain later on.
1. I had mine done when I was 13 and strangely enough I coped just fine and am not traumatised by it,
and 2. If you're worried about the pain then they don't have to get them done at all. It's not compulsory.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
It’s completely wrong.
Would you punch a hole in a babies hand? Leg? Eyelid? No. No you wouldn’t so why do it to their ears.
It also looks horrible.

Reactions: 11
I think it looks tacky.
I don’t think you should be able to put holes on a person without their consent, and I don’t see the point in inflicting pain for vanity reasons.

Reactions: 10

Keepitw0nky

Chatty Member
It’s not for me, it’s unnecessary so not your body not your choice. I had mine done at 8 because I asked for it, till a child asks and understands then no.

Reactions: 10

Lizzie88

I do agree that you Should wait till the child is old enough to make the decision them selves.

Reactions: 8

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
Unnecessary. And to sum up the “pro piercers” - I once had a debate on a Facebook post about it and one response was “you take them for their vaccinations, and they hurt. So why is getting their ears pierced any different?” 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Why would you want to inflict pain on a child. Those that argue that its just a second of pain and they forget, it's still a second too much.

Reactions: 5

Tublet83

VIP Member
I don’t agree with it, but I would prefer it was regulated so at least it’s done in a clean and sanitised environment.

A

ADBlocker

Why have you posted this in influencers? Subject has been done to death, try Mumsnet.

Bitchandstitch

Vile, selfish, chavvy. I had my ears pierced by 4months old. My Nan took me,my mum didn’t know. Could you imagine 😵 And now I have a fair few piercings/modified, I’m absolutely against it. Even if and when my kids ask me I will not be doing it until they can get them pierced with a proper needle, Not some twat with a spud gun. That are not and never sterile. Pushing a completely blunt earring through tissue. No thanks.

Also If I did it to anyone else I would be done for assault. So why the fuck would I do it to my precious kids?

Also don’t bullshit me saying they don’t play with them when they are little. My kids always nearly pulled the ears off them self’s when they were tired.

And yes absolutely judge any parent who’s babies have pierced ears.

I’ll get off my high horse now 😂😂

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
No chance
I have 2 girls and 4 boys
One daughter nagged from aged about 6 to have em done
She got them aged 11(between leaving primary/starting secondary)
2 of my boys had theirs done aged 11/12 (again in the 6 week hols) they both took them out and never bothered again
The rest just don’t want to and that’s fine
I honestly think people who think it’s cute piercing babies need their heads testing and those who do it should be done for abuse

Reactions: 4

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
I am not a fan of piercings on babies. My daughter is nearly 2 and we haven’t got hers done. My mother in law wanted to taken her to get it on for her first birthday, but I’d much rather wit until it’s her choice to do it.

Reactions: 4
I had mine done at 10 months old and wore studs until I was around 14-15. I haven’t had my daughter’s ears pierced because my husband doesn’t agree with it, but I think each to their own! One massive plus is that really young kids won’t mess or play with their piercings, meaning less risk of infection etc. I had to watch all my friends wince with pain and have to have theirs removed in their teens, because they were constantly messing with them or tried to change their studs before they were healed...

Reactions: 3

Mum31

Tacky unnecessary and selfish, not to mention dangerous as you can’t really tell a young baby not to pull on them or fiddle with them in anyway.

Reactions: 3

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
I think it looks awful and you wouldn’t do it to a puppy so why do it to a child? If I ever have a daughter I will wait till she asks.

Reactions: 2