Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheMotherHen-Kathryn

I hope this didn't come across as negative against further study- more that sometimes a change in physical community can help you weed out what you want to aim for. There has been some very encouraging comments here
I hope this didn't come across as negative against further study- more that sometimes a change in physical community can help you weed out what you want to aim for. There has been some very encouraging comments here
Oh no it wasn’t negative at all it was great advice! I’ll keep my eyes opened on the job front. Work times are so tricky with the school runs and hubbys shifts 🤦🏻‍♀️ But I’ll keep checking. Something might just pop up 🙌🏻🙌🏻

TheMotherHen-Kathryn

Thank you so much for this feedback!
See I’m in a real dilemma have two routes I can go down. To train as a counsellor my path is at college completing the accredited diplomas. It begins at level 2 and you just have to keep working your way up to level 4/5 to be a fully qualified counsellor. It’s very much practice based like an nvq. Even with a degree you can’t be a counsellor i would still have to do these diplomas.

Or it’s a university route, get a degree and top it up with a masters etc. However the degree opens more doors outside of psychology/ counselling if I ever change my mind.

I just want to make the right choice financially and time wise as both take long time.

It’s exciting but daunting eeeek