Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Asty Gurl

Wow!
I used to know her, I'm not her fan but she's a clever girl full of ambition
I wonder how she feels, having (for now?) Seemingly put aside all her projects and being a stay at home mum

Reactions: 1

Meg78

VIP Member
Emotive subject, but her son seemed to really struggle to gain weight, I think it was 3 weeks before he was back up to birth weight?
I breastfed, I also had a lot of struggles and came close to giving up several times, but ultimately we got to 18 months and it phased out pretty naturally.

If my son had struggled to put weight on for that long, I would have considered combi feeding, at least for a little bit to help his weight. *just edited to add that I DID combi feed for a while too, my son had 1 formula bottle a day because I couldn’t express very much at all so it gave me a break, so absolutely 100% speaking from experience that it can be done without affecting supply etc*
I just feel like she was totally against the idea, without actually saying it? I just feel like it’s dangerous in a way that she was so open about it, somebody may follow her lead and end up with a poorly baby. In the same instance, she didn’t want to speak about her caesarean because she didn’t want to frighten those who are pregnant and because all experiences are different. Is that not the same with breastfeeding? It seems so hypocritical to have that POV about one thing and then the other was almost dangerously over shared IMO.

Also last night, her partner had apparently taken a photo of her co-sleeping during a nap with Jaxon, they had the blanket over them both, he was below her head (his nose was about level with her lips) and she had the blanket pulled right up so it was over his mouth area a bit. So unsafe, don’t talk about co-sleeping publicly if you’re not going to showcase how to co-sleep safely. Baby should be above head-height and loose blankets and pillows should be off the bed.

I just cringe at the thought somebody will see this being done and take it as instruction of how it’s done safely and it’s not at all 😞
I combi fed as like you I was too worried about weight loss, however it was counter productive, without the constant demand my supply actually dropped completely and I had to stop breastfeeding at just four months, I don’t think her decision to wait it out was the wrong one, although I’m very glad she chose to do it under the watchful eye of a professional.

I agree with you that her version of co sleeping isn’t safe in any way; the blanket shouldn’t be on him, her eye mask should be off, and she should be curled around him in a C shape. It makes me VERY anxious to see how dangerous her setup is, and that she’s both recommending it and warning that she doesn’t want to hear a difference of opinion, I really hope they move to a cot soon for his safety!

Clover123

VIP Member
I can’t believe I felt sorry for her. Her and DE are obviously similar in the way they like to portray themselves and not owning who they really are, or their circumstances to get people to believe in them. Granted DE hasn’t done that to people investing in her business.

Livia did somewhat address it on an Instagram story Q&A, screenshot attached
If I remember correctly this was a short while after DE released a crumble range with similar flavours to Livias. Crazy they fell out seeing as Livia made her wedding cake!

purple-rain

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Livia, I think she comes across as genuine and I do like her products like the nugglets and millionaire bites. Really relieved she and her family are doing alright, and hope business things look up soon... I don't want to see the products leave the shelves!

Jas119

As a Jewish person, yes it can be depending on how religious you are. I know people of other religions who do this too, it’s nice to celebrate along with others in the UK rather than ignoring it. More religious people probably wouldn’t do it but it’s definitely not abnormal.

There’s usually no focus on the religious side of Christmas, just the family being together.

• Heart

Meg78

VIP Member
There were a lot of production issues with the Biccy Bombs, inconsistency in the texture and coating, I loved them too but I understand why they were removed, maybe now they have a new factory they could be revived?

re childcare: they’ve moved in with her parents, I assume they’ll take a large role, with her sister Livia was over a lot in the early days helping with bath time, they seem like a very close family

Jas119

I love the products and much prefer them to the Deliciously Ella ones. I don’t know too much about the company who now own Livia’s but hopefully this means they should still be available. Deliciously Ella obviously has the backing of the family wealth and seems it was easy for them to tread on Livias toes and ultimately gain the majority of the market. I’m sure there’s a lot more to it than that, but it must be such a kick in the teeth for Olivia considering they were good friends and that she ended up having to give up what she’s worked hard to build up (please correct me if I’m wrong, I haven’t read enough about it to know all the details).

Clover123

VIP Member
I still hate the name Jaxson. I can't get past it.
Me too! It just seems so basic and trashy to me, and she seems like such a wannabe classy rich girl that I can't believe she didn't name him Theodore or Atticus or another fancy overused name like that! But Jaxson! With the trashy X too! I keep reading it as Jason !

Meg78

VIP Member
Is there is nothing you can do at all to try to get your money back? Can't believe she asked normal people to invest they hard earned cash in her sinking company when she knew too well it was sinking...

Also does anyone know why her and Deliciously Ella are no longer BFF?
Sadly not, the company was declared insolvent and sold for pennies on the pound. After debts owed to creditors any remaining funds from the sale when straight to her father, all investors received nothing

• Wow

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Don't really have much to add other than her range is disappearing in shops, compared to another clean eating person who's range is taking up that space and much much more.
To be honest, we only got the nugglets and squares up here, which are now on sale all the time. I have never seen the Dunx jar…

It was probably best the nugglets are being limited around me because they are sooo nice.

However, it is a shame if powers that be (maybe connected to family links) are pushing her items out of the shelves to make room for another brand. Maybe that is why she is panicking about going back to work so soon after giving birth.

municorn

It seems strange there's been no update or any activity from her on the Livias account. Fair enough if she wants to keep her baby and personal life private now, but just seems odd she hasn't popped on at all on Instagram

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I am just joining here….. not much to say at the moment, other than she wound me up before she got pregnant with all her peloton posts and she seems to think she is only going to have about 2 weeks off after the baby is born.

Must have a lot of childcare lined up then…😶

Meg78

VIP Member
I’m very confused, is it normal to have a Christmas meal with all of the family if you’re Jewish?

Jas119

I was going to order some millionaire squares and realised they are nowhere to be found along with the other Livias products. I wonder if they are gone for good.

Meg78

VIP Member
Didn’t she sat publicly that she didn’t get a penny from the sale? But are you saying her dad did?
No, I’m saying any funds left after settling creditor debts go to him, I’ve got no clue how much or when or even if that has happened, but looking through the public records he’s next in line, the public investors are last on the list

purple-rain

what do you guys think the new product she's teasing is going to be? a couple of people have guessed a return of the biccy boms but apparently it's not that (boo). gutted the dunx cookies are going out of production though - managed to get stock up on some in tesco this week!