Novak Djokovic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Novak is going to be flown back to Serbia soon! Currently in hotel in melbourne at the moment

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I thought he was being held under armed guard

Reactions: 2
I thought he was being held under armed guard
i got this

Don't know ! the ESPN report was at 9.50pm unless they updated it as there's talk of deportation ?

why would he need to be under armed guard, are they afraid he might batter his way out with a tennis racket?

it's not as though he's unrecognisable?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Don't know ! the ESPN report was at 9.50pm unless they updated it as there's talk of deportation ?
Not sure, but news.com.au here says he is in a hotel now waiting to be flown back. Currently he has in lawyers involved and taking this to the supreme court

Reactions: 3
why would he need to be under armed guard, are they afraid he might batter his way out with a tennis racket?

it's not as though he's unrecognisable?
Illegally in the country , and breaking Covid regulations I'm guessing.

Not sure, but news.com.au here says he is in a hotel now waiting to be flown back. Currently he has in lawyers involved and taking this to the supreme court
By the time it reaches court the tournament will be well over ,maybe even the pandemic .

Seems they’re at the airport

Last edited:
That photo was taken early in the morning. The city right now seems to be chaos. i think cars and stuff are following him

What time is it in Australia ? it's like 1.30 am in the UK where are they following him too ?

Reactions: 1
Seems he's been put into isolation in a hotel, under police guard until he can be deported, which could be within hours.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Illegally in the country , and breaking Covid regulations I'm guessing.

By the time it reaches court the tournament will be well over ,maybe even the pandemic .

Seems they’re at the airport
Unvaxxed and couldn’t produce proof of his medical exemption when asked at the airport. The whole thing is a bit ridiculous. The government is just enjoying the distraction from all their current dramas over covid tests.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I LOVED that his dad was all 'if he's not released with half an hour we will take to the streets!'

*Insert spongebob 'several hours later' meme here*

Still waiting on that massive protest on the streets, Mr Novak's Dad. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Novaxx has a medical exemption to play in AO but not to enter the country.

As the holder of an invalid visa, entry to Australia has been denied and he will be removed from the country at the first available flight which can be the next day.

Reactions: 14
The Guardian's done a decent summation with info. Sounds like the State Government & Tennis Australia had approved the medical exemption but Border Force (ie the Federal Government) weren't satisfied with the exemption. Interestingly apparently three other people involved in the Aus Open with a similar exemption/visa have been allowed in. I think perhaps the Australian government saw this as a way to make an example of him - public sentiment was also generally againist him getting an exemption, so I imagine the Australian Government saw it as a good PR exercise. We also have an election in a few months so the PM is in campaign mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
The Guardian's done a decent summation with info. Sounds like the State Government & Tennis Australia had approved the medical exemption but Border Force (ie the Federal Government) weren't satisfied with the exemption. Interestingly apparently three other people involved in the Aus Open with a simialr exemption/visa have been allowed in. I think perhaps the Australian government saw this as a way to make an example of him - public sentiment was also generally againist him getting an exemption, so I imagine the Australian Government saw it as a good PR exercise. We also have an election in a few months so the PM is in campaign mode.
I thought similar, it seems a little too convenient to allow him to get there and then make a big show of deporting him. Can't see his team and AO officials not checking everything thoroughly either.

Do they still have the exemptions for diplomats and elected officials?

If anything, I'm shocked (but also not at this stage tbh) that the focus is on one individual being given an exemption, and not the sheer volume of citizens who are living under such extreme restrictions! Personally, I'd be thinking "if it's okay to allow him in, they should be letting me travel without being forced to be vaccinated too"

What are thoughts on whether any other players will speak out about this? Or will they just be pleased to not need to play him (I don't follow tennis so don't know how highly ranked he is!)

Reactions: 10