Northern food

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love Oatcakes with sausage and melted cheese. Grew up in the potteries and had them every Saturday. Moved away since but my local sainsburys sells them.
I’ve seen them in my local Sainsbury but they aren’t refrigerated. Aren’t they supposed to be? I buy mine from a cheese shop in Borough Market and they are refrigerated there. Love them with melted cheese and butter. I had a flat mate from the Potteries and she used to bring them back as a present.

Reactions: 1
It has to be tried 😋😋
Trust me I’m now off to sainsburys to see if they have any! Bloody hate living down south!

I’ve seen them in my local Sainsbury but they aren’t refrigerated. Aren’t they supposed to be? I buy mine from a cheese shop in Borough Market and they are refrigerated there. Love them with melted cheese and butter. I had a flat mate from the Potteries and she used to bring them back as a present.
Every time I have got them they haven’t been refrigerated- mind you they don’t last long enough to get in the fridge in my house! 😂😂

We never refrigerated them, use to buy them from a local bakery and from oatcake shops- bit like chip shops but for oatcakes.
They are a real treat now I don’t live there anymore lol

Found the image in Sainsbury’s website.
Omg you CAN ORDER THEM ONLINE!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Omg you CAN ORDER THEM ONLINE!

That brings back some memories and the smell 😋😍

I’d like to order some pikelets too. Never had fruit ones though.

I went to Staffordshire Uni and discovered the joy that is oatcakes. Our fave in halls was spread with mint sauce and grated cheese, roll em up and stick in the microwave for 30 secs. Absolute heaven!

Stottie Cake...what I wouldn't give for one if these right now. Loads of butter!
We sometimes spend Christmas with some friends from the North East, making stottie cakes on boxing day with pease pudding and leftover gammon is my highlight 🤤

• Heart
I’ve been to a Scottish chippy in the past and instead of salt and vinegar on chips it’s salt and sauce?? I can’t even describe what the sauce is I just know it’s incredible and some chippies sell containers of it 😂
Ah the age old “salt n vinegar or salt n sauce” Scottish divide eh.

I’m Scottish and I love both. That vinegary brown sauce is delicious.

Have never ever had chippy chips with curry sauce though!