Nicola Sturgeon, SNP, Scottish Politics and Scottish Independence

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not trying to pick a fight but surely it’s all or nothing and can Scotland survive without money it gets from being part of the U.K.?
From what I can tell, it's 'Get Independence' (whatever that means) and then 'Take it from there'. It's quite bizarre and if I may say: 'half-cocked'.

Reactions: 6
I support Scottish independence and can't abide Nicola Sturgeon. She's a very good politician - says plenty and does nothing.

And that includes delivering Indyref 2.

Reactions: 1
So I’m half Scottish and maybe I should know this but I’ve lived in England since I was 15. My dad is English.

Independence means independence right? They no longer get money from Westminster and London and they have to support themselves financially.

I seem to recall Nicola is often quick to call for money from Westminster when it’s needed but what’s her plan if she does get independence?

I’m not trying to pick a fight but surely it’s all or nothing and can Scotland survive without money it gets from being part of the U.K.?
Westminster are soo generous. They just love giving us Scots lots and lots of money for nothing. Like, we don’t even pay anything in to the pot. Why do they want to keep us given we cost them so much money. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 6
I support Scottish independence and can't abide Nicola Sturgeon. She's a very good politician - says plenty and does nothing.

And that includes delivering Indyref 2.
Don’t you think she’s secretly happy with the current state of play where she can always pass the buck onto the U.K. government . I remember when she first appeared on the scene when Labour were still majority in Scotland and she made a lot of promises about wiping student debt etc and I was prepared to think she might be a good force in Scotland but she’s done nothing to make me have any trust in her at all . Not that I trust any politicians mind you

Reactions: 4
Don’t you think she’s secretly happy with the current state of play where she can always pass the buck onto the U.K. government
Oh of course she's happy. It's just a game for these moderately educated people with a hard-on for power. Meanwhile, back on planet earth for those of us without a narcissistic personality disorder it's bleeping shite.

Reactions: 3
Oh of course she's happy. It's just a game for these moderately educated people with a hard-on for power. Meanwhile, back on planet earth for those of us without a narcissistic personality disorder it's bleeping shite.
The worst thing is being able to remember life before the SNP and how little politicians in Scotland seemed to impact on daily life and when you didn’t feel like you had to watch everything you said in case it led to an argument .

Reactions: 7
The whole concept of wanting another referendum when there was one in 2014 which was NO is a joke anyway. Anyone who wants independence is demented and should accept the result of the previous referendum

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The whole concept of wanting another referendum when there was one in 2014 which was NO is a joke anyway. Anyone who wants independence is demented and should accept the result of the previous referendum
And I'll say it again - we were told in 2014 that the only way to stay in the EU was to remain part of the United Kingdom. Scotland also voted to stay in the EU in 2016.

And how has that worked out???

I'm quite willing to remain part of the UK, if Scotland gets its EU membership restored

(for the thickos amongst you - I'm joking - I know this isn't possible)

Be funny if Scotland gained independence and Russia invaded. Please help NATO ... nah, sorry Nicola, yer on your own love. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh yes, how we’d laugh if Russia invaded Scotland.
I was joking. Obviously that would be bad. Although once Putin dies it might be a good move if they become a progressive democracy. I digress.

Can we have a purely superficial discussion about Nicola's dress sense and love life? Two question's spring to mind:

Does she power-dress 24hr's a day?
Is she in a marriage of convenience and actually is a lesbian with a female partner 'on the side' (so to speak).

I just want to gossip, i'm not judging ... couldn't care less. Although thinking about it, how would Nicola coming-out as a lesbian play with the hardcore? You know, like the Scottish equivalent of hardcore Northern Irish constituents who still think abortion is a sin etc...? Be interested in your thoughts.

I’m only interested in Nicola Sturgeon as a politician. What she wears and her private life are irrelevant to me.

I think some of the criticism she receives says more about the person giving it than her.

I’m no fan of her or SNP currently but they’re still out performing the other parties with no sign of that changing any time soon.

Reactions: 5
True!!! But for some reason, the majority of people I know are now Yes.

The last time, Yes was a minority. Not now!!! I work in an office of 20 people. 3 people are No. The rest are Yes.

And the thing that amazed me, one of the most staunch No voters (she threatened to move to England if it was Yes last time) recently came out and said that she was considering voting Yes if a vote happens.

The reason for her change of heart - she's got grandchildren now.

Also, we work with older people - last time it was No all the way. Now, many more are Yes.

This is all anecdotal and my own personal experience.

You may move in difference circles.
Yet opinion polls show it has not moved beyond 45%......I do love a good tale though

And I'll say it again - we were told in 2014 that the only way to stay in the EU was to remain part of the United Kingdom. Scotland also voted to stay in the EU in 2016.

I'm quite willing to remain part of the UK, if Scotland gets its EU membership restored

An independent Scotland starts life with no EU membership, so voting yes would automatically have taken us out anyway.

Reactions: 8
Yet opinion polls show it has not moved beyond 45%......I do love a good tale though
The failed tv presenter John Nicholson (SNP) constantly pops-up on TV lying about statistics. It took Barry Gardiner (Lab) to pull him up this week (twice) on TV. Trust me, I am no Fan of Barry 'I speak. In. A. Very. Slow. Pompous. Way. Without. Saying. A. thing.' Gardiner.

Image1.jpg

What we were told was correct. We were told that the best chance of staying in the EU was to stay in the UK.
The planned exit in the event of a yes vote was March 2016, before the brexit referendum was even going to take place.
A yes vote then would have taken us out of the EU as we were not members in our own right, it was the United Kingdom that was a member.

That didn’t matter a jot to NS & co back then as it got them what they wanted.

I’m not a brexit supporter at all but you do have to question the SNP complaining about being ruled by Westminster then wanting to join a union where there’s much more control 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I’m not a brexit supporter at all but you do have to question the SNP complaining about being ruled by Westminster then wanting to join a union where there’s much more control 🤷🏻‍♀️
NS has a hard-on for power. I mean, how blunt do you want me to put it? I'd love to know what drives her. Maybe she's a bone-fide psychopath or something. Alex Salmond for example is an old lush ... I don't think he's a psychopath, he's just an ugly bloke with an ego and a frustrated pantomime dame; he likes to be centre-stage, a narcissist. Nicola is something more, she seems to have a nasty edge to her. Why? I have no idea ... what was her relationship like with her mum/dad growing-up? That would be an insight into her mindset.

Reactions: 4
NS has a hard-on for power. I mean, how blunt do you want me to put it? I'd love to know what drives her. Maybe she's a bone-fide psychopath or something. Alex Salmond for example is an old lush ... I don't think he's a psychopath, he's just an ugly bloke with an ego and a frustrated pantomime dame; he likes to be centre-stage, a narcissist. Nicola is something more, she seems to have a nasty edge to her. Why? I have no idea ... what was her relationship like with her mum/dad growing-up? That would be an insight into her mindset.
Did you see this, scary how she treats people

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.