Nicola Bulley #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feel like I'm going mad, I definitely saw somewhere a screenshot of a newspaper article where it quoted the Mum and Dad, Dot and Ernest, and it saying she stayed the night a day or two before she went missing.
But now I'm looking for it I cannot find it anywhere
So strange

Reactions: 5
Im pretty new to this thread, and i havent had time to read the previous threads yet- but i will :)
But this is pretty local to me, my partner drives through the village and over the bridge every day to work. He must have been driving during the time they speculated she went missing as the police contacted his work saying his work van was on cctv and asking if he had any dash cam footage or if he had seen anything; as it happens he doesnt have dash cam and it was just a regular drive for him and and he didnt see anything.
I have seen a few things on youtube, im not sure if she has already been mentioned but i found myself watching 'Grizzly true crime' and i had to turn it off, i couldnt stand listening to her or watching her.
I have absolutely no idea what has happened to her, ive heard fingers being pointed at the caravan owner. i dont think she is in the river, i just think if she was then they would have found her.
I hope her family get the answers they are searching for

Reactions: 27
I initially thought what the Police found and were 'holding back' was a suicide note. The idea about not bringing a dog if you were going to do that is not necessarily true. When I was at school my teacher took her own life with her 18 month old daughter in her arms. She left her 7 year old at home by himself.
People are obviously in crisis when doing that. They are not thinking straight. They are suicidal 😔
Having sad that I don't think this is/was suicide but I do think at this stage she is being held against her will or is dead. I dont think she could voluntarily be away with a new lover or something at this stage. She would contact her family.
Also, while it is rare that a mother leaves her children. Its not unheard of either.
What's all the talk about neurodiversity, did someone say Paul has ASD or similar?

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Feel like I'm going mad, I definitely saw somewhere a screenshot of a newspaper article where it quoted the Mum and Dad, Dot and Ernest, and it saying she stayed the night a day or two before she went missing.
But now I'm looking for it I cannot find it anywhere
So strange
That’s strange, I wonder where you read that.

Reactions: 4
He probably just didn't think he'd have enough space to write a whole sentence 😂
Yeah i agree men are crap with writing its always the women doing the Christmas cards in our family, if the men did it would be a scruffy happy xmas not even signed

Reactions: 8
I understand this and that people do suffer in silence, but it was suggested that he rushed to ring the police because he might have known that she was struggling.
If he knew then you'd hope that he'd encouraged her to at least speak to a GP even if she'd refused medication.

I think it's a good time to remind people not to try and get through any struggles alone though and to please speak to someone, anyone, it doesn't matter who ❤
Yes, I wasn’t meaning he didn’t know if she was struggling, I just wanted to clarify that no medication didn’t immediately rule that out.

There are many who won’t or can’t take meds, for a whole host of reasons, but who are battling with intrusive thoughts or suicidal ideation ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
re the ribbon on the gates I love you Nikki xxxx come home now xxx why not I love you Nikki please come home, come home now, I read as a demand! this wording just doesn't sit right with me
I don’t think he’s thinking straight and can’t cope with it all, it’s been weeks now and he has two little girls with no answers to give them. People handle stress in very different ways, just the same as when they lose loved ones you can act out of character. He said he was angry in his recent interview, which will also be because he feels helpless. He‘s been told by various ‘experts’ she‘s not in the river as she would be able to get out, Faulding even suggested to him she could have run off with someone, his mind must be all over the place. I think people are winding Paul up, friends, so called ‘experts’, even the public by saying the Police are basically useless and not doing what they need to (I disagree on that I think a lot of time and money has gone into this case) and he has lost the plot.

Reactions: 13
Round here , people just post on Facebook if they find a dog out alone. I appreciate not everyone has Facebook. (Sometimes they take the dog somewhere safe, get it's chip scanned etc)
Same here but if there was also a harness and lead, and a phone… that’s not just a dog that’s wandered too far
---

I don’t think he’s thinking straight and can’t cope with it all, it’s been weeks now and he has two little girls with no answers to give them. People handle stress in very different ways, just the same as when they lose loved ones you can act out of character. He said he was angry in his recent interview, which will also be because he feels helpless. He‘s been told by various ‘experts’ she‘s not in the river as she would be able to get out, Faulding even suggested to him she could have run off with someone, his mind must be all over the place. I think people are winding Paul up, friends, so called ‘experts’, even the public by saying the Police are basically useless and not doing what they need to (I disagree on that I think a lot of time and money has gone into this case) and he has lost the plot.
Bloody Faulding even asked if she had a stalker. Who knows what horrors have gone through Paul’s mind in the past weeks.

The thought that she’s chosen to walk away is infinitely better than that she’s been taken and held by someone.

It was done at Eyeliner Emma's house/hotel. She's friends with Dan Walker. I thought it odd Paul wouldn't have chosen to be interviewed in his own home.
Fairly sure he wouldn't want TV and camera crew setting up in his home when he's trying to protect his little girls from all the circus surrounding all this. I think it was very smart to do it elsewhere

Reactions: 23
Same here but if there was also a harness and lead, and a phone… that’s not just a dog that’s wandered too far
---

Bloody Faulding even asked if she had a stalker. Who knows what horrors have gone through Paul’s mind in the past weeks.

The thought that she’s chosen to walk away is infinitely better than that she’s been taken and held by someone.
And now Mark Williams-Thomas is gearing up ready to grab a bit more self promotion.
honestly, these police car chasers need some sort of regulation.

Yeah i agree men are crap with writing its always the women doing the Christmas cards in our family, if the men did it would be a scruffy happy xmas not even signed
my dad doesn't even write my name on my cards 😂 It's just *whatever message inside the card* 'love dad'

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree with what another Tattler said previously. NB’s an intelligent woman, her girls and Willow were in the car with her on Friday before she disappeared, so if she wanted to run away she could have gone there and then, even to a woman’s shelter if she felt so unhappy with her home life and it makes no sense that someone who loves their dog so much would leave her there. Then there’s the harness half way down the embankment and her phone just left there for police to get info from. I also doubt very much NB’s sister would be staying with Paul to help with the girls if she thought he was the cause of Nikki leaving and would instead have the girls stay at hers as he clearly can’t cope. I also think the family, including the parents would‘ve let the Police know if they thought Paul mistreated NB and that could have been a reason she left.
For me I still think she sadly entered the river, at least until there’s a more plausible explanation.

Reactions: 18
Did he not say that he put his gym clothes on because he was going to go to the gym after finding her. If he works American hours and started at 10am why would he be going to the gym so soon after logging on?

Reactions: 10
Paul also has awareness that people suspect him of being involved. I think he must be incredibly resilient to be honest. The other alternative is he's playing mind games and taunting the police but I think that would be super odd given the circumstances, if he'd had anything to do with this he'd have agreed with the water theory. I think he comes across like he's being dishonest because his relationship may not have been the picture perfect idea he presents.
I also feel he knows deep down Nicola may have entered the water but can't allow himself to go there. When he was talking about searching buildings etc he was shaking his head in a no action, I'm not the body language police, don't pretend to know much about it but to me that suggested he didn't believe what he was saying.

Reactions: 16
I find the constant “come home now” by her partner really odd, like he knows she’s left deliberately! I’m just comparing his words to other missing people cases. Family always please with anyone holding their loved one against their will, or plead for people to go looking for them. His choice of words are just odd. I’ve heard enough of “he’s stressed/he’s worried” explanations too. His behaviour is at odds with how most family members plead for their missing relatives. He touched on the fact she’s never left her daughters before but stopped short of saying she would never leave her family of her own free will, again what most families of missing people say. He’s keeping things back massively, he knows a lot more of her mental state than he’s letting on & of conversations they must have been having, for him to act the way he’s acting.

Reactions: 21
Did he not say that he put his gym clothes on because he was going to go to the gym after finding her. If he works American hours and started at 10am why would he be going to the gym so soon after logging on?
I guess it depends on your job. I don’t know what he does, but I used to work for an American company (banking) and would go to the office at 9:30 and be in the gym or go for a run around 11. It was pretty normal, for the Americans and my colleagues working in my city.
We’d normally then work through our lunch but would work out when it was a bit quieter.

He said the company he works with are 6 hours behind UK time so it’s not unreasonable to think that he does emails etc around 10am and then doesn’t have calls until early afternoon UK time.

Reactions: 11
I have hidden this behind a spoiler because it may be triggering for some and i do not want to come across as ignorant and offend anyone who is / has suffered with MH and suicidal thoughts ✌❤

If she was suffering with MH and this is suicide would jumping into a river where is is shallow in parts etc be the way to go?? Surely your body would go into fight mode and try and stop you from drowning etc?? I am sorry if this is an ignorant view but wouldn't this be why people opt for bridges / trains / tablets / wrists / hanging. It also wouldn't have been a cry for help because of location. I don't know, just doesn't seem to fit?? When my daughter attempted suicide it was tablets but it was a cry for help. She took them at home but kind of left me clues (she had a history of self-harm) so i found tissues with blood so knew immediately there was something wrong and then had to try and find her

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I guess it depends on your job. I don’t know what he does, but I used to work for an American company (banking) and would go to the office at 9:30 and be in the gym or go for a run around 11. It was pretty normal, for the Americans and my colleagues working in my city.
We’d normally then work through our lunch but would work out when it was a bit quieter.
Yeah I have family who work non uk hours so can understand going to the gym at add times but it just seemed strange to me that he made a point of not starting work until 10 but then going to the gym straight away

Reactions: 3
I have hidden this behind a spoiler because it may be triggering for some and i do not want to come across as ignorant and offend anyone who is / has suffered with MH and suicidal thoughts ✌❤

If she was suffering with MH and this is suicide would jumping into a river where is is shallow in parts etc be the way to go?? Surely your body would go into fight mode and try and stop you from drowning etc?? I am sorry if this is an ignorant view but wouldn't this be why people opt for bridges / trains / tablets / wrists / hanging. It also wouldn't have been a cry for help because of location. I don't know, just doesn't seem to fit?? When my daughter attempted suicide it was tablets but it was a cry for help. She took them at home but kind of left me clues (she had a history of self-harm) so i found tissues with blood so knew immediately there was something wrong and then had to try and find her
It’s certainly not an obvious choice unless you know the risks of cold water shock, especially with the shallow water there.
But that’s all assuming she actually entered the water at that point. And assuming she hadn’t taken an overdose or self-harmed eg wrists beforehand to ensure success

So many what-ifs.

I’m so sorry that you went through that with your daughter, it must have been so scary. I hope she’s okay, and you too xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.