NI Influencers #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuing from last thread.

Latest topic has been the shambolic reopening of Primark in Bank Buildings, Belfast. Cathy Martin and her cronies spending their free £200 on mass produced crap they'll throw into Banardos next week.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
can some1 give me a background on cathy martin what she actually ever done to be this events manager / socialite / scrounging bleep please? thank you!!!!!

Reactions: 10
Primark

the content creation was zero, just so lazy, no thought, no story telling of the significance of the building etcetc

surely Cathy Martin sends them all a press pack of some sort and notes on how to mark the content gifted, paid promo or whatever is appropriate, whole thing so shoddy

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wee Gerry Lavz (who I actually have a soft spot for so hear me out)

I know he has his own thread but this is Primark related.

Did you see the craic with the chair? Loads of stories about it and not one mention that it was bought from a gift card. He said he'll put up a reel today with stuff from all over the shop, he had a really good day - not a peep about being given money to spend.

Ohsofemme, girlyinspo etc all there. So influencers who got vouchers.... what about the likes of cool fm/Belfast live etc? Did they get gift cards or were they there just doing their job?

Though Gerry did have his tagged as a press invite (which is laughable, as a former "press person" never once did my "job" include walking round Primark with a chair on my head)

Reactions: 12
can some1 give me a background on cathy martin what she actually ever done to be this events manager / socialite / scrounging bleep please? thank you!!!!!
She’s a PR person. She used to have a bigger company with offices and employees years ago but I don’t know what happened, now she just seems to be a one man band. She was heavily involved in Belfast Fashion Week years ago as well but I don’t know if she’s involved anymore.

she claims to be sustainable but is always buying stuff from Zara etc and then flogging it on eBay.

when Stephen Clements passed away she was very vocal on social media about how she spoke to him the day before or night before. It was all very inappropriate and she seemed To be hijacking it all.

Reactions: 14
Wee Gerry Lavz (who I actually have a soft spot for so hear me out)

I know he has his own thread but this is Primark related.

Did you see the craic with the chair? Loads of stories about it and not one mention that it was bought from a gift card. He said he'll put up a reel today with stuff from all over the shop, he had a really good day - not a peep about being given money to spend.

Ohsofemme, girlyinspo etc all there. So influencers who got vouchers.... what about the likes of cool fm/Belfast live etc? Did they get gift cards or were they there just doing their job?

Though Gerry did have his tagged as a press invite (which is laughable, as a former "press person" never once did my "job" include walking round Primark with a chair on my head)
He was creaming himself over the chair because it was for free, if he had to pay, there wouldn't have been a huge dramatic set up he had going.

Reactions: 9
Only 4 / 5 weeks until a good handful of those invited will be on the scrounge yet again for those in need, likely to be the Digg Deep for Kids campaign or Cash for Kids.

No hands in pockets for either occasion.

Reactions: 13
Only 4 / 5 weeks until a good handful of those invited will be on the scrounge yet again for those in need, likely to be the Digg Deep for Kids campaign or Cash for Kids.

No hands in pockets for either occasion.

You're so right.

Was diggmama there?

Reactions: 1
Carrying on from last threS, I wanted to ask does anyone know what age indianblondee is?

You’re not allowed to ask that - she goes explosive - significant age gap between her and the husband.

I get the impression she’s all sweetness and light but a ruthless witch behind it all.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She’s a PR person. She used to have a bigger company with offices and employees years ago but I don’t know what happened, now she just seems to be a one man band. She was heavily involved in Belfast Fashion Week years ago as well but I don’t know if she’s involved anymore.

she claims to be sustainable but is always buying stuff from Zara etc and then flogging it on eBay.

when Stephen Clements passed away she was very vocal on social media about how she spoke to him the day before or night before. It was all very inappropriate and she seemed To be hijacking it all.
she started Belfast Fashion week back in 2004, before that she worked in marketing.

she set up a “pr” agency which was basically marketing in the form of hiring temps to promote products, and companies would come to you for a specific product. I did it in my student days, there are tons of similar businesses in the U.K. but I think cathys was the only NI one.

you’d get a brand who’d maybe want to push sales of a product, something like say, perfume. The PR agency would allocate a few individuals on an ad hoc basis for so many hours, to promote this perfume in stores. It’s very simple, not a sophisticated business at all as it doesn’t employ people full time. It relies upon the company owners/managers to build relationships with in-house marketing teams. Cathy is shameless at self promotion so she probably thrived at it.

her LinkedIn is here:

Reactions: 3
You’re not allowed to ask that - she goes explosive - significant age gap between her and the husband.

I get the impression she’s all sweetness and light but a ruthless witch behind it all.
I think this is true. I’ve heard not very nice stories about her. Bit of a witch

Reactions: 3
Sure it was just to keep her occupied and in close proximity to him, bet the ones at third day will be laughing now, remember when he accused them of secretly recording his conversations 🤔
wait what? Fill us all in?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think this is true. I’ve heard not very nice stories about her. Bit of a witch
Having met her on a number of occasions, although friendly to a point, she appeared to be rather self absorbed and preoccupied with selfie sticks / her own appearance
(Indian blondee)

Reactions: 6
wait what? Fill us all in?
He’s deleted it now but back before the cafe opened he went on a rant about how much he spent in third day buying clients and staff food and drinks - £1000’s a month apparently, how they were unsupportive of him opening a coffee shop and something about secretly recording his conversations 😂 he’s an absolute melter known to occasionally go off the rails.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.