New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #10 NZ

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
M

elleherself lived in a garage when she younger? Where has she talked about this? I’m interested to know more!
Yep. She has mentioned it on her stories before, that her parents very much struggled to keep a roof over their heads etc. and they went without a lot.

Yeah that’s where I’m confused too, my understanding is that her and Dave came from very privileged backgrounds
I don’t know about Dave, but no I don’t get the impression either of them are, and yes she has definitely talked several times about barely being able to afford food for a period of time as kids. And clothes - which is why she is so particular about keeping costs down with her outfits etc.

Erin Simpson’s new whare is giving me retirement home chic. For someone who is an “artist”, her interior decorating is not a vibe.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yep. She has mentioned it on her stories before, that her parents very much struggled to keep a roof over their heads etc. and they went without a lot.

I don’t know about Dave, but no I don’t get the impression either of them are, and yes she has definitely talked several times about barely being able to afford food for a period of time as kids. And clothes - which is why she is so particular about keeping costs down with her outfits etc.
Oh wow. I’ve not seen either discuss that. I knew she was quite frugal which I liked, and food she does is amazing.

Reactions: 2
Erin Simpson’s new whare is giving me retirement home chic. For someone who is an “artist”, her interior decorating is not a vibe.
Ok so is the spot with the hideous couch and the mirror etc the entrance way? It seems to flow into the kitchen which makes me think it might be. Does Zac get his own furniture with his name on it?

**disregard re the house layout as it took me all of a minute to find the property. Jesus imagine walking in and seeing that. Still hope Zac gets his own custom furniture.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Ok so is the spot with the hideous couch and the mirror etc the entrance way? It seems to flow into the kitchen which makes me think it might be. Does Zac get his own furniture with his name on it?

**disregard re the house layout as it look me all of a minute to find the property. Jesus imagine walking in a seeing that. Still hope Zac gets his own custom furniture.
Let’s not forget about the obnoxiously large decal on the door.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Danni Childfree Duncan is finally leaving Mummy and Daddy house and go back to renting.

Danni Childfree Duncan's Mumma should have said "this is the number #134 reason why i shouldnt have kids"

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So the list I’ve got so far….

LFYD
Sam Wallace
Dom Harvey
Jay Reeve
Moochstyle, Shayden

Footy players going into the Alcohol world & creating products then promoting on their socials, problematic? Kids look up to these dudes… what happened to the days of pushing Weet Bix & Toffee Pops.

I like however, content wise….

Eat Lit Food
Uncle Tics
And that’s about it 🤣
SHAYDEN has been mentioned a bit on previous threads, same with Jordan Rivers I think.

Anyone see Emilywrites story about the owner of ATMS and how influencers who still promote them. Aimed at officially em?
Oh yea that was definitely a stab at officiallyem. I only know one other influencer that has done work with ATMS, flowwithcush, but I unfollowed her ages ago as didn't vibe with her personality.
I'm sure em and Emily Writes used to be friends so been waiting to see if anyone here has the tea on what went down...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I do have twins thanks. And have also struggled to keep a roof over our head.
I don’t think she’s been upfront about anything- I haven’t seen any references to her upbringing. She doesn’t have to share that either but I think it’s unrealistic to promote spending thousands of dollars on sleep things. I do know people who overcompensate for their upbringing but it seems a bit tone deaf when our cost of living is high.

I think Elle does lots of good stuff but obviously she’s aimed at a psrcoualr type of family and you think someone who had been through those struggles wouldn’t be promoting expensive AF baby gear. I think it puts pressure on parents. A formula dispenser? Why can’t we have more people showing the cheap way to do it! I guess fhaf wpuldnf sell anything. I like Emily Writes and other anti influencers or people who choose brands aligned with their values. I would have more respect for someone who had an add for a bottle company and showed people how ro boil water and safely get bottles ready in advance.

Reactions: 7
Anyone see Emilywrites story about the owner of ATMS and how influencers who still promote them. Aimed at officially em?
Oh yea that
I tried to follow her for a while, but she made me so mad. Always keeping secrets, dropping teasers etc. There's this thing but I can't tell you. I went to this place but I won't tell you where it is. Drove me crazy. The one and only thing I do appreciate is her respect for keeping her son's face private
That's only cos her ex insists re the not showing her kid on social.

They were probably "work friends" rather than genuine friends.
Nah they were definitely genuine. Vaughan was her MC at her wedding and she was in tears asking him if he would be. Vaughan got emotional about something else in her life etc. Also I listened ages ago to a podcast Megan did and she said that the guys told NZME they'd only move to breakfast at ZM if Megan came too and was named as part of the show as she'd been at The Edge on their show for 2 years but The Edge refused to put her name as part of the show. So that's why I wonder if she was upset they didn't stick up for her maybe this time? I'm not sure. But the radio awards later this month will be interesting because she's up for an award for their show (her and Hayley are both named) so I wonder what will happen if they win (they won the last 2-3 years)
I also don't believe she wanted to change her work hours. Mornings are hard but to be fair they finish at 9am and they're usually home by 10-10.30 which is a lot more time to spend with your kids than drive show (who usually go into work around 1pm until 6/7pm) her show at the hits is only an hour isn't it?

Reactions: 8
I use to really like following sera Lynne. But it really irks me that she talks about she’s worked really hard so deserves privilege (self privilege) my mum is a paediatric Ed nurse and literally saves childrens lives daily and absolutely works her butt off probably more so than sera Lynne and we don’t get to live a luxurious lifestyle. And to add my parents both earn six figure incomes and we just scrape by and don’t live in a luxurious house or drive flash cars. So it’s a lot of factors not just working hard!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
M

elleherself lived in a garage when she younger? Where has she talked about this? I’m interested to know more!
Her sister went to private school so…

Oh wow. I’ve not seen either discuss that. I knew she was quite frugal which I liked, and food she does is amazing.
And pretty sure dave went to private school too, well known all boys one.

• Wow
So the list I’ve got so far….

LFYD
Sam Wallace
Dom Harvey
Jay Reeve
Moochstyle, Shayden

Footy players going into the Alcohol world & creating products then promoting on their socials, problematic? Kids look up to these dudes… what happened to the days of pushing Weet Bix & Toffee Pops.

I like however, content wise….

Eat Lit Food
Uncle Tics
And that’s about it 🤣
What about Clinton Randell...

Did officiallyem (back when she was raising Ziggy) and Emily writes do a speaking tour together ages ago? Or am I mixing them up with someone else ? (I know Emily and Rebecca did one last year but I’m thinking like 3-4 years ago)

Reactions: 1
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Elle talk about being really hard up growing up…I do think she is frugal with her shopping - not so much the baby stuff but she only ever shops at low end stores for herself.

Her sister I’m pretty sure was making a lot of money as a teenager through her YouTube channel and e-commerce stuff. She has said she was earning a million dollars by the time she was in her 20s.

None of that means Elle didn’t grow up poor obviously.

I’m less irritated by the high end baby stuff and more the intense diet culture she lives by. I think talking about getting back to Keto or being low carb is more harmful to new Mums.

Is it linked to their religion? He’s originally from Utah? Mormon? And her family are 7th day Adventists? Or something? But they don’t practice themselves.
Oh I didn’t know that about the religion thing. Interesting. His Dad must be ex-Mormon if the family is Mormon (I know not everyone in Utah is Mormon lol) because he’s remarried with a Korean wife and I assume you can’t divorce if your Mormon? Didn’t know that about her family

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I use to really like following sera Lynne. But it really irks me that she talks about she’s worked really hard so deserves privilege (self privilege) my mum is a paediatric Ed nurse and literally saves childrens lives daily and absolutely works her butt off probably more so than sera Lynne and we don’t get to live a luxurious lifestyle. And to add my parents both earn six figure incomes and we just scrape by and don’t live in a luxurious house or drive flash cars. So it’s a lot of factors not just working hard!
I've just been going through her stories with the anon questions and 😬😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.