New baby and post birth advice #51 Is it teething? A leap? or a full moon? Wfk, just go to sleep!

How old is your baby?

• 0-3 m

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • 3-6 m

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • 6-9 m

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • 9-12 m

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • 12-18 m

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • 18 - 24 m

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • My kid is older but still my baby

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • I’m still cooking my baby and reading ahead

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • I’ve blown in for a look about!

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone,
I’m 40+5 with my second and I need this baby out! I’ve had 2 sweeps with no effect.
Just wondering if any of you tried acupuncture to bring on labour? Any feedback appreciated! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi everyone,
I’m 40+5 with my second and I need this baby out! I’ve had 2 sweeps with no effect.
Just wondering if any of you tried acupuncture to bring on labour? Any feedback appreciated! 😊
Walk! Gravity helps xxx

Mr L did most of the day with the baby and at the end he said "how do you do this every day? No wonder the patriarchy is still in place"

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Mr L did most of the day with the baby and at the end he said "how do you do this every day? No wonder the patriarchy is still in place"
Go Mr L for the epiphany!!! The first time Mr F looked after 5 for a couple of hours he met me at the door as I came home (I’d had my hair cut in the middle of the day), he bundled her into my arms quite unceremoniously and ran to the kitchen to down 2 cans of Stella 🫠

Twonk.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Thank you! I’ve been walking quite a bit, literally feels like I’ve got a bowling ball about to drop out of my bits 🙈 I will definitely keep walking though!
I really miss being pregnant but NOT the last 2 weeks 😂 I don’t have any advice just to say I hope everything goes well for you and baby makes an appearance soon!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I really miss being pregnant but NOT the last 2 weeks 😂 I don’t have any advice just to say I hope everything goes well for you and baby makes an appearance soon!!
Thank you very much! I’ve been lucky throughout my pregnancy, I’ve felt really well. But oh my, these last couple of weeks are killing me emotionally!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you! I’ve been walking quite a bit, literally feels like I’ve got a bowling ball about to drop out of my bits 🙈 I will definitely keep walking though!
I know it feels awful but my midwife said nothing but gravity helps. And I can say reign with all 3 it do it. Walk around shops. More distracting xx
---
Saw my parents yesterday and my dad has just tested positive for Covid 😩
Where (vaguely) do you live? We’re midlands and it’s rife right now xx

Has anyone else’s baby experienced lack of appetite following 12m vaccinations? My son has never been an enthusiastic eater but since he had his jabs on Friday he’s stopped eating. He’s not even eating the Ella’s kitchen melty sticks which he normally loves.

He’s had a slight temperature but nothing too high. He’s been drinking milk and water. He’s come out with a really runny nose today which I don’t know is related or he’s picked up a bug.

Just worried about how long I should go before seeking medical advice? When I try and feed him he will take a spoonful of food, gag on it and let it fall out of his mouth. Then refuses any more. Just getting a bit worried.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Go Mr L for the epiphany!!! The first time Mr F looked after 5 for a couple of hours he met me at the door as I came home (I’d had my hair cut in the middle of the day), he bundled her into my arms quite unceremoniously and ran to the kitchen to down 2 cans of Stella 🫠

Twonk.
When I got back from Busted last week, Mr T (lol) who had always been under the impression we have a happy baby it can’t be that hard, had done nothing that I normally do. Dishes weren’t done, bottles weren’t made up, baby hadn’t even had a bath which I do every night even if it’s just a quick wipe down. Oh and he had ordered a takeaway cause he couldn’t possibly cook and keep an eye on baby! Not so easy is it you smug git!? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Anyone got any advice for leaving the baby to self settle? Mini muffin has FINALLY got rolling belly to back, so I am now surplus to requirement for flipping her back 😂 and she’s not bad at dummy retrieval. But I mostly like on the bed until she falls asleep, and she likes to cuddle my hand sometimes 🥺 if she’s very sleepy and in the right mood I can pop her down and walk out but this is rare. Do I go cold turkey or gradually start, e.g don’t give her my hand, maybe lie there for 5 mins then leave?

Anyone got any advice for leaving the baby to self settle? Mini muffin has FINALLY got rolling belly to back, so I am now surplus to requirement for flipping her back 😂 and she’s not bad at dummy retrieval. But I mostly like on the bed until she falls asleep, and she likes to cuddle my hand sometimes 🥺 if she’s very sleepy and in the right mood I can pop her down and walk out but this is rare. Do I go cold turkey or gradually start, e.g don’t give her my hand, maybe lie there for 5 mins then leave?
When baby Ro started fighting me to rock him to sleep is when I started putting him down so he could settle himself to sleep & gave him a Muslin to hold and a teddy next to him (I never ever let him sleep with it without me watching on the camera). But they ended up being his comforts.
I didn’t even think about doing it gradually 🙈 and would just say goodnight, give him a kiss & leave.
A few days I had to go back in and rock the cot to help him drift off (wouldn’t cry but more annoyed sounds at not being able to get to sleep), but now he goes down fine. So personally I’d say cold turkey but then for very sensitive kids that doesn’t work (in my experience), so maybe try & see how she goes?

I know it feels awful but my midwife said nothing but gravity helps. And I can say reign with all 3 it do it. Walk around shops. More distracting xx
---

Where (vaguely) do you live? We’re midlands and it’s rife right now xx
We’re Yorkshire and it seems to be rife here too!

Had baby skates at the doctors this morning after he was clearly in agony yesterday - turns out my baby is teething!😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Mine seems to go to sleep with a muslin as well, I just watch on camera very closely and then once he’s asleep I’ll go in and carefully take it away. Think I read about trying that here and thought it sounded silly but it really is magic how well it’s seemed to work for us 😂
(At least at the moment)

Now can there be a magic to getting them to sleep through the nights again please 😅 Think it’s teething pain waking him up, poor little guy 😭

• Heart
Hellooooo. I’ve barely posted since having DD - life has been manic. I ticked the 0-3 box but only for another two weeks 😭 I can’t believe how fast it’s gone, how beautiful it has been and how exhausting 😂

Daytime sleep is our big challenge, she either wants to sleep and can’t because of her noisy brother or on the days he’s in nursery she just seems wide awake. Still, she’s asleep on me now 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve been feeling quite crap the last few weeks, very emotional & teary, stressed and anxious. I suffer with anxiety anyway, but it seems worse atm. I rang Friday to speak with my doctor, and ask for a referral to the post natal MH team, he said that was only usually if you felt that way due to a traumatic birth, which mine was but I don’t feel that is the reason. The GP was nice and has done me a referral for counselling (will go privately through work) and said I can self refer to the nhs scheme.
I just wondered if anyone else had this, I thought anyone could see the PNMH team whether it was because of the birth or not? I already have my birth debrief booked which is in a few weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Omg I had tomato pasta last night and I must have had some on my chin because I've just noticed baby now has a bright orange stain on her scalp 😩 definitely didn't drop any on her as she was in her donut while I was eating!

• Haha
I’ve been feeling quite crap the last few weeks, very emotional & teary, stressed and anxious. I suffer with anxiety anyway, but it seems worse atm. I rang Friday to speak with my doctor, and ask for a referral to the post natal MH team, he said that was only usually if you felt that way due to a traumatic birth, which mine was but I don’t feel that is the reason. The GP was nice and has done me a referral for counselling (will go privately through work) and said I can self refer to the nhs scheme.
I just wondered if anyone else had this, I thought anyone could see the PNMH team whether it was because of the birth or not? I already have my birth debrief booked which is in a few weeks.
I’m so sorry you’re feeling like this!!! I can’t help however I did have a traumatic birth and am no closer to any help. I self referred to iTalk and have been told it’ll be ‘months’ before an appointment. Should I be speaking to GP for referral to PNMH team?? It’s frustrating how much we’re told to speak up, and as mums we’re priorities etc.. but the help doesn’t appear to be within reach 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.