Neighbours stealing parcels

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live in a small block of flats and ever since a dodgy couple moved in downstairs, parcels have been going missing, or broken into and left ripped open in the hallway. There is no cctv to prove who is stealing/messing with the parcels, but a few of us have an idea of who it is, as none of this was happening before they moved in. There are problems with delivery companies, e.g. Evri and Amazon, not delivering the parcels to our doors and instead just dumping them in the hallway downstairs, and then 'someone' is stealing them.

Does anyone have any advice, or experienced something similar?

I've had a similar experience (not as prolific as you though). It's an absolute pain but I now use pick-up lockers/locations for things I'm getting delivered.

If they don't have that delivery option I make sure I'm in for when it's delivered, and if no one buzzes for me but I get a notification it's been delivered/it's past the delivery window I go down straight away to pick it up (I WFH so I realise that's a privilege position to be in).

Or, failing that I'll buy it from the shops and make do with the extra ££ orrrr I just won't order it - which has saved me buying unnecessary crap haha.

Like I said, it's a pain but better than anxiety about whether a package gets stolen and the stress if that happens.

Another option - for important/expensive things do you have any friends/family nearby that live somewhere more secure that can take the delivery for you?
---

Oh, another thing - I had to report it to the police in order to get a refund and they said that if you write on the delivery notice that they must leave it outside your flat door and not in the hallway, but they ignore that, they're liable for it not being delivered properly. So make sure you write that clearly on the delivery note.
---

Can you ask your management company to put in CCTV? If everyone, bar one, is affected surely it's a worthwhile investment x

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I also agree about sending them to the parcel shop etc. I also live in a flat and quite often the deliveries are after the trades button stops working and nobody else is in in the block, so the delivery drivers often can't even get in to leave it in front of my doorstep. Unless I know I'm guaranteed a weekend delivery where I'll be in, I never get things sent to home anymore. I try and use the shops that are generally on my way home from work / from the gym etc. I have found most places give you this option now.

I've also read people have success with faking a parcel delivery and filling it with stuff like used cat litter. You could always give that a try...

Reactions: 1
My sister had this with her Amazon parcel at her new address. It was only a <£10 item but they did replace it . We stopped ordering and only use lockers now. For something else I would get it delivered to my mother's address then just pick it up whenever I was around. I have to collect my Oodie I ordered more then a month ago but I know it's safe. :ROFLMAO:

I also write "Please hand to recipient only. If not in please do not leave outside. "

I also get anxious if I've ordered something for someone and they say delivered and left in a "safe space" .

My sister's building also had " 24 hour CCTV in progress" signs but when she contacted the letting agent they said there was none at the property.

Last edited: