Natacha Oceane

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think her reasons for these mad challenges are rooted in ED behaviour and not by any real ability or talent
I think this is what I've tried to say upthread a while ago and didn't really get my point across well. Her interest in it always seemed disingenuous in some way, it was all wanting to perform and not just for the enjoyment of a particular activity she'd gotten into. She wasn't doing anything objectively "wrong" but it felt off.

Reactions: 9
Yeah, I watch The Running Channel and ypu can see the difference in terms of them actually enjoying running and what they gain from it, even if they are working to certain goals.

There is a difference with Natacha, like she isn't doing it for herself but just to say to can run that distance then she will quickly fixate on something else to work on.

Reactions: 5
Also this is pure speculation but a lot of ultrarunners tend to be extremely lean (even though for some it's probably the result of an ED). I wonder if that was an aspect of it that appealed to her?

Reactions: 4
I think the problem is that now she is financially independent and her channel has run its course, she lacks a sense of purpose. She has been trying all kinds different hobbies over the last few years, like sewing and crafts and now ultra marathons but they aren’t giving her a purpose and she is lost. She doesn’t know how to fill her days and she definitely doesn’t know what kinds of videos to make.

Reactions: 6
The part I enjoyed from the whole 100 mile series is that it did highlight that these distances (or any short of ultra really) aren't a breeze. She was probably a bit overconfident or extremely naive attempting to do it the first time with 3 months of minimum training. Shortly she realised that that wasn't happening and now after 3 failed attempts the reality of the distance has probably hit her hard.
There is a reason so few people do this sort of races. Even marathons are a massive commitment if you don't wanna be walking half of it, let alone ultras with a time limit. Tbh even for her ironman she trained for 3 months with a big triathlon background already, and she was doing 30+ hours weeks, I'm surprised how she thought that 100 miler is going to be easy.

Reactions: 13
She was probably a bit overconfident or extremely naive
So true! I found her video annoyingly confusing in terms of timeline, but seeing as the 1st one was in summer in France, there wasn't that much time for her to recover and then try 2 more ultras by November. This was stupid.

Reactions: 5
I just saw her latest post, pretending she didn't realise the first one looks like a wedding photo, clearly just dot for engagement, ridiculous

I just saw her latest post, pretending she didn't realise the first one looks like a wedding photo, clearly just dot for engagement, ridiculous
And obviously complete silence on YouTube after Black Friday.
It's ridiculous cause we all got to love her because of her seemingly genuine character. And nowadays I like way more the influencers that make it clear from the start that engagement and sponsored posts is the reality of the job, not how much they love us all.

• Heart
I did not enjoy watching her attempts at 100miler, it just seemed obsessive and she kept going at it one after the other, not taking time to heal, emotionally and physically.
I don’t know what happened to her, I used to love her posts, but lately it’s just not it.

Reactions: 10
Has anyone watched her new video?

I sympathise with her having stomach issues and having to 'quit' because of an issue that (I'd assume) is out of her control. But I didn't really understand when she said that training was interrupting her normal life too much. I don't know what she was expecting. Surely injuries, gut problems, and balancing training with other responsibilities is part of the challenge of ultra running?

I don't know, I think she's sometimes overconfident and overestimates her abilities. It's ok to not be the best at everything. Her relationship with exercise doesn't seem very healthy anymore.

Reactions: 13
I only dip in and out of her content but the whole time I just kept thinking give it a rest! Seems so silly to just keep trying to push through these massive amounts of running.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone watched her new video?

I sympathise with her having stomach issues and having to 'quit' because of an issue that (I'd assume) is out of her control. But I didn't really understand when she said that training was interrupting her normal life too much. I don't know what she was expecting. Surely injuries, gut problems, and balancing training with other responsibilities is part of the challenge of ultra running?

I don't know, I think she's sometimes overconfident and overestimates her abilities. It's ok to not be the best at everything. Her relationship with exercise doesn't seem very healthy anymore.
I agree. I hope she recovers, but I don't know what she was thinking having done a month of designing her training without eating, to then enter another 100-miler. It's such a common issue in these kinds of races.
And yes, who does endurance race training alongside a job/family commitments without expecting it to be inconvenient?! I think the narrative was a little off there.