Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

d0lphin

I recently found out that one of the teenagers I used to work with in the PRU now has two sons called Blu and Cub
Have I won the thread?

I knew a family with 8 kids, all beginning with K (started before the Kardashiand were a thing).

They were all misspelled normal names, horrendous.

Re Reevah a couple of pages back, we had a labrador we called that when I was a kid, 40 odd years ago. The inspiration was some cartoon, Speedy Gonzales, who used to shout it as he ran.
A family I used to work with had 4 children, 3 were called Kia, Kai and Kay. The fourth was randomly called Amanda.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Luna_Lovegood

I work in education. Some I've come across:

* Lordship
* Bongakonke
* Ema (pronounced Emma)
* Heaven-Leigh
* Cam'ron
* Versace
* La'Tia
* Beautiful
* Chardonnay
* Mercedeze

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

malibubarbie

People who aren’t Irish giving their kids really ridiculously spelt Irish names. Eg Aoife and Eilidh (pronounced aylee looool). How many people in England are going to know it’s aylee and not eyelid??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Plasticbox

Chatty Member
I did a baby class when my daughter was 5 months and there was another baby there who was the same age called Barbara. This was only like 4 years ago too!!!

I hate the name Emma. I’ve never met a nice emma.

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Has anyone come across 'Sweet home Sextuplets' or something on tlc?.
Google the kids names. It'll make your day complete 👍🙃.
(As an aside and to prove I'm not a complete bitch 😬, I really like the family and the show)
Jesus fuck.

5283E493-503D-461E-B434-37FFD4A7EEF8.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve seen an uglier bunch of names in my entire life 🤣 Why are Americans so obsessed with giving their babies (girls in particular) horrible masculine surnames as names?

• Haha
  • Sick

petitspois

VIP Member
A close friend has named her daughter Ellie-Mae. At the moment, she's 3 and is a cute rascal but what grown woman suits being called Ellie-Mae? It's not Little House on the Prairie!

• Sick
  • Haha

Sickofinstacrap

Paediatric nurse here 🤗 I’ve had an Often, Moist, Fuc, Ass. Also hate them old names being made modern Beatrix, Wilfred, Winifred etc 🤢🤢🤢

• Wow
  • Sick

redaf

Don’t think it’s been discussed on here before but there’s a family with sextuplets who have a show on TLC. The names are:
Rivers McCall
Rawlings McClaine
Rayne McCoy
Tag Bricker
Blu Wellington
Layke Bryars
Their older siblings are called:
Wales Tucker
Saylor Briggs
Bridge Ryder. I think these are all awful🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
I was in the toilets of a shopping centre last week and there was a girl shouting for her approx 4 year old who was named 'Arabella'

this was in a suburb of Manchester though so it was pronounced 'AROHBELLOHHHHHHHH' 😂 was pissing myself, grateful for the masks sometimes 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Sw4

VIP Member
I know someone called Plum. That's their full name, not nickname. I used to use Plum as a silly insult, as in 'what are you on about you plum!'

• Haha
Reactions: 17

ReginaPhalangee

VIP Member
Same as the old lady names that are currently in fashion like Edith, Ava, Ada, Beryl etc I don’t like old man names being brought back and given to little kids! There’s a fair few Fraser, Keith, Grant, Struan, Murray, Ronnie and they’re little kids!

Who looks at their baby and is like aw look at little Grant, he’ll be such a mediocre accountant when he’s older god love him.

• Haha

Booboothefool

I got banned from a baby name page once because someone was going to call their daughter Ellie Bay Elliott and I said it was a stupid name 🤣🙈

• Haha

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
Cynthia! Reminds me of chlamydia when I see it written down.

Also, I hate when surnames are used as first names, such as Cooper, Carter, Harrison, Jackson etc. Just confusing!

• Heart

Sickofinstacrap

I’ve a very different Irish name that is spelt completely different to the way it’s pronounced and I moved to England. I hated it when I was young and now I love it as I’m instantly identifiable as Irish and it’s a great conversation starter. There’s nothing wrong with naming your children in line with your heritage even if you live in a different country, if you moved to Dubai let’s say, would you name your child an English name or an Arab name?

• Heart