Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

leesbluecaesar

Chatty Member
I disagree. Not that much is known about post natal psychosis - I didn't even know it was a thing until I did my midwifery training. It's very dangerous because mothers can kill their babies when they have it and it is also not easy for health professionals to spot (post natal care in this country is dire). If she's bringing attention to the issue then I applaud her because it cannot have been pleasant for her to relive that. And it can take years before someone gets the correct treatment for severe mental health issues. She clearly has a chemical imbalance and it can also take a very long time of getting the medication right. She will have ups and downs throughout her life.
I hear what you’re saying. The niece of a friend of mine developed natal psychosis immediately after giving birth. The baby was taken from her in the hospital she was that ill. Six years on she’s better but not stable enough to hold down a job. She’s also been strongly advised against having more children. Denise speaks an awful lot about her depression yet as far as we see she’s never been unable to work.
nice try?