Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Trollstice

And this is why Russia banned Americans adopting their children. Only in America would it be ok to say you were 'rehoming' your child.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Lollipop2123

Chatty Member
This is an extract from 'The Independent' newspaper in the UK and I think its really well written -

'James Stauffer permitted himself to say out loud, “With international adoption there are unknown and things that are not transparent on files. When Huxley came there were a lot of more special needs that we weren’t aware of and weren’t told.” Well, thank goodness he kept the receipt.'

• Sad
  • Heart
I’m just so saddened by this whole situation. Their video was horrendous, not once did they take any responsibility for any of their wrong doings, or take any responsibility whatsoever for how things went wrong. They have entirely placed the blame on a little four year old boy. They adopted him knowing full well that he potentially had severe disabilities. They were advised of this, she made videos about this, yet ‘it went in one ear and out the other’. I honestly think that they went to Bali, and while they were gone, the people that came to stay in their own home were the ones that were looking to take Huxley. It was very odd the way she was talking about the people coming to stay in her video “Getting ready for our trip to Bali”. I think she had completely disconnected herself from Huxley then and the people staying were coming to stay with him and then take him. Her oldest daughter was extremely upset about her going away, which she filmed, and I think it was slightly unnatural how upset she was. There was more to what was happening then just her Mum going away. The house was a chaotic mess. For a young child with autism, that would have been very difficult to live in. I tell you what, I am a 35 year old Mum of three, I consider myself an intelligent person. But I admit I follow “influencers”, probably spending more time than I should watching their rubbish... and this whole sorry story has made me want to cancel all my social media. It’s horrendous how much this family have used and exploited this young boy. And now, at 4 years old they have left it open to speculation about what his difficulties have been. It is horrendous. You see him in a video after her Bali video (whether it was filmed before or after), and then I don’t think he features again and that was showing up as 3 months ago. So in the last 3 months she has rehomed a young child that she brought in to her home, made her children and himself think were all siblings, and just removed him from her life. But continued to post videos of morning routines, and picture perfect photos on Instagram. Not taken the time to remove herself from social media and dedicate her time to this traumatic situation going on in her family. The woman and her husband are abominations. I feel sickened for this young child who should have people protecting him, not exploiting him for their own monetary gain and fame, and then ditching him when it was too hard. Just heartbreaking.

And her whole “new” series on her YouTube channel, “Makeovers with Myka”... I mean how crass. Being excited and wanting to film all the makeovers you are making to your kids rooms, no doubt because you have removed one kid from your home and have an extra room to move them all around in. Making more money off the environment that her bringing that beautiful soul Huxley into their lives created. 💔

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
I read a YouTube comment which suggested that perhaps Myka was so keen to get Hux because she thought he had a brain tumour and possible thought that he would ‘last very long’ so that they would get lots of praise for adopting a sick/special needs child and then sympathy when he passed = mega views = mega money. That thought honestly makes me sick but it makes sense. Then he was diagnosed with Autism and the brain tumour turned out to not be a brain tumour at all and she thought ‘heck no, I’ll just give him back now’

Whatever the case, it was all for views and money and that is just absolutely sickening.

It makes me SO angry. How can people be so heartless? I cannot fathom it!!!!

• Wow
  • Sick

FlipFlop0706

VIP Member
FUCKING HELL. The dad challenge podcast just said she’s pregnant and reckons she’s making a comeback to YouTube!

He also says that the lady that H is now with regularly posts his picture on their Instagram. This poor child.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
Like a lot of people, I only found this family today and have been horrified. When I saw people saying that she'd been vlogging without him & so commenters asked where he was, I thought that she might only be a very occasional vlogger - I honestly can't believe she posts on Youtube as much as she did and basically just thought she could hide the disappearance of a child!

I also found this video which I think is really revealing in terms of their attitudes to Huxley and adoption - it very much seems from this that she didn't see him as equal to her other children but rather it was them and then Huxley. Interestingly she also says she'd rather say no to $1 million than to not having adopted - how ironic / deeply sad.
This video above is so disgusting. She is meant to be making a video about "5 adoption struggles", yet turns it into an ad for Draft laundry comfort! It was like a scene from the Truman Show. Absolutely nothing genuine about this woman. She openly admitted that she thought he would be shy and cuddly. It was all for insta, not for reality. I also watched a video where she was asking viewers to donate $5 each (target $500,000) and she would write her donors name in a baby book for him when hes older. This was a money making scam that backfired as it clearly wasn't as easy money as they would have liked. I also watched a video where (before she adopted him)she gets warned not to adopt him as he has complex needs but she said "hes my son! I'm not just gonna give him back because he has something wrong with him, hes ours" ha.

• Wow
  • Heart

Miss Anne Thrope

VIP Member
To those trying to excuse this by saying he may have done something terrible or had depraved proclivities since before being adopted (which were covered up by the officials in China), you are aware he was still very young when adopted. Not four. Not fourteen. Not to say trauma can't be established in babies and infants, but the idea he was already some kind of secret deviant or bad guy is just horrible.
Thank you for saying this; he was two when they adopted him - he has just turned five and was with them for three years.

Myka complained in two different videos that he 'rejected' her when it seems that she is the one who rejected him. She and her husband specifically wanted a special needs child and were advised by a doctor that Huxley's needs might be difficult. She then made a video ranting about what the doctor had said and stated that she would never give up her child. What awful hypocrites the pair of them are. The tone-deaf, ham-fisted Dreft sponsored video where she talks about Huxley and the 5 things she didn't know was nauseating. Dreft should be ashamed of themselves - they deserve to be boycotted for that one.

How a non-verbal 4-year-old told them he wanted to be 're-homed' (omg, so awful), I can't imagine. The poor child, but frankly I'm glad he's away from them, he needs protection and love.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Michellellehcim

I just rewatched their China adoption video and I’m in tears (again) this time because I’m watching how that little boy really didn’t want to go with that family. He was clearly a good judge of character. You can see Mykka tried to push herself on him to begin with and he didn’t want her at all. It’s so so sad. His little heart breaking breaks my heart. The sucking the thumb thing literally makes me want to get a flight to America. My daughter sucks her thumb, has done since she was in my belly. She’s two, but if she was still doing it at 4 I wouldn’t mind. It brings her comfort and helps her sleep. The family honestly make me feel so angry and upset.

• Sad
View attachment 154748
comments like this enrage me.
People are disgusting?? and it’s not disgusting to make money out of your children by plastering them all you tube, crowdfunding to buy a child from China when you evidently don’t need the money- giving the child away because he’s got too many special needs even though you said you wanted a child with special needs, going away to Bali and leaving your children while all this was going on, putting duct tape on your sons thumb but letting your biological kids suck their thumbs!!! Still trying to make money off you tube from other people’s channels I meant what the actual fuck is wrong with people 😡😡

• Angry
Reactions: 19

EiiiEiiiO

I found her bc she was doing a collab w another YouTuber I watch so took a looksie of her channel.
But pretty quickly she began to rub me the wrong way, too fake and greedy as hell.
Hux was such an adorable little boy and for her and her bitch ass husband to do this ... omfg. I’m so so sad for Hux.
How the fuck do you adopt a child and have him for over 2yrs then all the sudden his “issues” are too much?!
She has posted many times of “how well” he’s doing with his therapies etc. Then she lies in the video saying they were not aware of how many problems he had? In over two years you didn’t know?!
You selfish nasty ass wench, she has some balls to even do the video.
Many people are livid, disgusted and have called, written to companies, agencies etc.
I’ve seen people on here have commented how the comments on the video are praising them.. bc they’ve deleted any w people calling them out.
Major newspapers across the country have picked up on the story and people are pissed!
I hope, firstly, that they lose their YouTube “career” and get a nice taste of people’s disgust with them. Money is the only thing these pieces of shit care about so losing this platform will be the only way she will feel the pain.
She and her husband are vile and hope to god karma slaps them senseless.

Ilando

VIP Member
I wonder if she’ll donate all the royalties she has earned from her videos about him to pay for his ongoing care.

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
The fact that James has uploaded a new video to his car detailing channel and acting like this situation doesn’t exist has me floored.

And people are commenting saying ‘I don’t care about the drama, just glad you are back’ and James is liking and replying to them saying ‘Thanks so much!!’ etc. Excuse me what?!?!? First of all this isn’t really just trivial ‘drama’, they literally abandoned their adopted son that they swore was ‘non returnable’. Secondly, how can he like and encourage people that say they ‘don’t care’ about the situation?? HE WAS THAT LITTLE BOYS DADDY! Hux must be so hurt and confused.

These people are morally bankrupt.

• Angry
  • Heart

Ilando

VIP Member
Selling your sons story online then demanding privacy when you’re bored of him and got rid of him

• Angry

Whimsie_Kal

I have a feeling she gave him back because he wasn't this perfect child she could mould to do chores and photoshoots without fuss.

I also got the impression she was very jealous that Huxley bonded with her husband over her. I bet she had all these vlog ideas on how he just wanted her etc and that back fired.

How can they say they tried their best? They have him barely 2yrs. He was a child ripped from everything he knew and because he didn't progress at a level they deemed acceptable they got rid. They had a biological child almost as soon as they got him home & can they not see that they really expected a lot from him?!

They should be ashamed but yet it's been business as usual in-between fake tears.
She can post as many post it notes around saying she's a good mom as she likes doesn't mean it's true.

This whole thing has made me so angry.

Reactions: 18